• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar hopes to deliver GTA V PC requirements in the coming week

Denton

Rumor, and these are way too low, I do not trust them.
I am fully confident that 2500k 4ghz and 280X will give me great experience though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
On a side note, if Rockstar bring the next Red Dead game to PC, aren't they admitting they lied to PC gamers by doing so? Rockstar made claims that "PC isn't a viable platform for a game like RDR" and "The game was a nightmare to code for PS3 and 360, and would been worse for PC"

I'm paraphrasing of course with that last part, but, that's basically what was said without actually saying the words. The first part is a complete lie and an excuse to say "we're lazy" or "sorry guys, wasn't in the budget." PC gamers love open world games and are usually some of the most popular on the platform.

No because there is a potential change of viability as the situation changes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
didn't many devs say PS3 was a pain to code for in general??

Yes, but that's not what the rumour is referring to (you'll notice that the X360 is also mentioned). Supposedly R* had to butcher RAGE to get RDR running on the PS360, however this flies in the face of the fact that the engine was created specifically to facilitate the development of multiplatform, then-next-gen games, plus GTA4 released two years earlier, is arguably more complex and yet there are PC versions of both the main game and the two expansions (as woefully-optimised as they are). I feel that whoever started the rumour put two and two together (the game's absence plus GTA4's less-than-ideal port) and came up with five.

samn

On a side note, if Rockstar bring the next Red Dead game to PC, aren't they admitting they lied to PC gamers by doing so? Rockstar made claims that "PC isn't a viable platform for a game like RDR" and "The game was a nightmare to code for PS3 and 360, and would been worse for PC"

I'm paraphrasing of course with that last part, but, that's basically what was said without actually saying the words. The first part is a complete lie and an excuse to say "we're lazy" or "sorry guys, wasn't in the budget." PC gamers love open world games and are usually some of the most popular on the platform.

They don't owe anyone an explanation, let alone a port, so who cares?

They don't owe anyone an explanation, let alone a port, so who cares?

I think you'd find there are many PC gamers that care and would still love to play that game. So, we care. I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't care. I completed it on PS3. Nearly a platinum trophy for that matter. I would just enjoy playing it at 1080p and 60FPS.

diaspora

Have you seen the current gen version?

I said what I said because I've seen and played the current gen version.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. I dunno why R* bothers with PC dev in the first place when their last GTA effort was embarrassing.

Kezen

Banned
Slightly off topic, but wasn't there some guff going around about GTAV using Mantle? Anything come of that?

Just a rumor, nothing confirmed.
I believe it would have been announced already.

With regards to GTA 5, my predicted recommended system requirements :

W7/8.1 64 bits
I7 3770/ AMD FX 8350
GTX 780 / R9 290
8gb of RAM

Seems more realistic than a 2010 GPU. I could see a 470/560 being the minimum though.

GTA V MINIMUM PC Specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
GPU: GeForce GT 530
RAM: 4GB
HDD Space: 20GB

GTA V RECOMMENDED PC Specs:

CPU Core i5-2500T 2.3GHz or Phenom II X4 975
GPU: GeForce GTX 480 or Radeon HD 6970
RAM: 6GB

wccf

Nah yo.

jmizzal

GTA V MINIMUM PC Specs:

wccf

Woah these the real specs
I know most saying too low but for me thats good, I can run it on my laptop lol, dont feel like buying a PS4 or Xbox one

WiiU/PC here

LilJoka

Woah these the real specs
I know most saying too low but for me thats good, I can run it on my laptop lol, dont feel like buying a PS4 or Xbox one

WiiU/PC here

We would love it to be true, but don't get your hopes up, these requirements seem very unrealistic.

And please I beg there is no delay.

Kezen

Banned
We would love it to be true, but don't get your hopes up, these requirements seem very unrealistic.

And please I beg there is no delay.

"Love"...Speak for yourself.
I want much, much higher specs than this. A 480 as recommended would mean it wouldn't be a version as good looking as PS4/XBO.
No thanks, more demanding releases please.

Deadbeat

Banned
Ill wait for people who have played the game (on their own computers) to tell me of its performance. What rockstar says and what any controlled environment states is the last thing I will trust. Rockstar has had one good port: Max Payne 3. The rest have been trash.

Axiology

I said what I said because I've seen and played the current gen version.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. I dunno why R* bothers with PC dev in the first place when their last GTA effort was embarrassing.

I'm so tired of hearing this. People are pretending like GTAIV isn't almost 7 years old. Of course it was a bad effort, but pretending like it's still our best impression of Rockstar's quality is ridiculous.

Deadbeat

Banned
I'm so tired of hearing this. People are pretending like GTAIV isn't almost 7 years old. Of course it was a bad effort, but pretending like it's still our best impression of Rockstar's quality is ridiculous.
Name me a game besides Max Payne 3 that was a good port.

edit: to specify, I mean games Rockstar made, not published. People have a hard time remembering who made LA Noire for example.

kris.

Banned
Name me a game besides Max Payne 3 that was a good port.

edit: to specify, I mean games Rockstar made, not published. People have a hard time remembering who made LA Noire for example.

It's insanely dumb to expect a shit port when the only R* game ported to PC in the last 5 or so years was Max Payne 3 and that port was fantastic. I mean sure you can be wary but to be this pessimistic with such a small sample size is ridiculous. The GTA4 port was terrible. Yes. It was also 7 years ago. Get over it.

Kezen

Banned
Let's be honest : no matter how much effort Rockstar have put into what we believe to be a port, it is not going to be a smooth ride for everyone. There will be people reporting performance issues no matter what.

I'm still optimistic but we have nothing to chew on.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
GTA V MINIMUM PC Specs:

wccf

No chance. It's DX11 right?

Kezen

Banned
No chance. It's DX11 right?

Hopefully DX11 only.

At least the game should support SLI, credit to Marco Borsato from Guru3d :
Naamloos_zps8c6dd408.png

It's insanely dumb to expect a shit port when the only R* game ported to PC in the last 5 or so years was Max Payne 3 and that port was fantastic. I mean sure you can be wary but to be this pessimistic with such a small sample size is ridiculous. The GTA4 port was terrible. Yes. It was also 7 years ago. Get over it.

Every single GTA since GTA 3 has come with a host of problems when it was ported to the PC. If GTA 5 runs well on the PC it will be the first time since GTA 2 that Rockstar managed to knock out a decent GTA port on the PC.

Now couple that history with the fact they have had to delay the PC version for several months after the next gen version because it "needed more work" and the fact they don't seem to be all that forth coming with information with regards to the PC version it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why people would be wary of Rockstar.

You have to laugh at Rockstar though. They state "they hope to deliver GTA 5 requirements in the coming week". Two weeks later still no official specs, I guess they were hoping for too much. Meanwhile you have to wonder are they just a tad bit "scared" to release this info ?

Not that I would believe the official specs from Rockstar anyway. I still remember the official specs for GTA 4, the minimum barely even started the game up never mind actually playing it.

Top Bottom