• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar hopes to deliver GTA V PC requirements in the coming week

Boem

GTA IV was always great for me on PC, much better than my 360 version. I only started playing the PC version about 2 years or so ago though, was it that much worse at launch or something?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
GTA IV was always great for me on PC, much better than my 360 version. I only started playing the PC version about 2 years or so ago though, was it that much worse at launch or something?

yeah it was a broken mess.

Kezen

Banned

Even at launch on my PC is was a league ahead of the terribly performing 360 version. I had a 8800GT/Core 2 Duo E8500. Patches improved things.

I was still terribly optimized of course but the final result was much better than any console version by a significant margin.

dex3108

Game is still unoptimized garbage. With much better hardware than on release day game still drops frames like hell.

Kinthalis

Banned
Even at launch on my PC is was a league ahead of the terribly performing 360 version. I had a 8800GT/Core 2 Duo E8500. Patches improved things.

I was still terribly optimized of course but the final result was much better than any console version by a significant margin.

Yeah, people don't remember just hwo awfult he console verison ran and looked.

The LOD levels were SUPER low as well, thigns just dissapered half a block away on occasion.

The PC verison was a poor performer, but it was still leagues better than the console version.

Kezen

Banned
Yeah, people don't remember just hwo awfult he console verison ran and looked.

The LOD levels were SUPER low as well, thigns just dissapered half a block away on occasion.

The PC verison was a poor performer, but it was still leagues better than the console version.

I'm confident GTA 5 on PC will run much, much better than 4 when it released. DX9 wasn't very good at multithreading, and if memory serves the PS3 team ported the game to PC.
Rumor has the team responsible for MP3 is working on GTA 5 PC.

It won't run at 60fps on an Intel 4600 so I guess in the eyes of some it won't be well optimized. :]
The question I've been asking myself is what architecture will the game favor, GCN or Kepler/Maxwell ?

Top Bottom