• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rockstar Leak] Agent, Liberty City Expansion Screenshots leak online

Draugoth

Gold Member
One of the interesting findings turns out to be screenshots showcasing very early version of underwater level from Agent (pic 1, pic 2). These screenshots were used for GTA V documentation and mention "Jimmy" which is Agent's codename

Also, there is apparently some models of Liberty City map with the name "gta5_liberty". This is from cancelled singleplayer DLC that was previously found in GTA V's code ( pic 1)

Lu9Iomz.jpg

dkO8laz.jpg

D4Hr5Mb.jpg

iiiPImq.jpg

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

In the end money talks and younger audiences prefer gaas experiences. It is what it is. Heck, even when I got into gaming at 20 after a high school hiatus, the guys at uni were playing online - counter strike. Same for kids in the neighborhood. Cs.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
We are still haunted by Agent i see. Must be a troll at Rockstar who keeps putting Agent stuff in their games just to mess with us. I bet GTA6 will have some Agent screens to hidden somewhere.

In the end money talks and younger audiences prefer gaas experiences. It is what it is. Heck, even when I got into gaming at 20 after a high school hiatus, the guys at uni were playing online - counter strike. Same for kids in the neighborhood. Cs.
Yup, the younger generation barely plays any SP games, my 14 year old nephew hasn't played a single SP game in his life, he's all about gaas games, it's crazy tbh.

Hugare

Remaking Liberty City only for a DLC is something that only Rockstar could do

Why they didnt put it in Online just boggles my mind.

Thats something that they will for sure go back to with GTA VI. With the power of SSDs, going from Vice City to Liberty City would be less painful then having to endure those loading screens from GTA V.

Last edited:

Skelterz

Draugoth do you fancy reposting this leak into the Stickied leak thread post to see if we can get more contributors to use one single thread so we can catalogue and have a “go to” thread for leaks?

Sanepar

That's why the time for us to leave is coming. In 10 years games will be only about competitive and gaas. I will be gadly out.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

It doesn't mean they couldn't do both. Stop thinking companies only follow the money instead of going in the direction that's actually the more interesting and fun option. Some companies can see pass the up front dollars.

All because there are idiots who just love buying in game currency to fuel that online mode. I'm keeping my expectations well in check for GTAVI. I've got a feeling they're going to funnel most resources into the online mode, which will be more of the same shit.

Majormaxxx

It doesn't mean they couldn't do both. Stop thinking companies only follow the money instead of going in the direction that's actually the more interesting and fun option. Some companies can see pass the up front dollars.
My impression of take two is that they are aggressively profit oriented. It just so happened that quality single player games were most profitable in the past. Currently it is gaas.

there are thousands of games in my backlog, once we hit the wall, we can go back and just play what we missed over the years.
Yup, if that's the way it goes. I'll go back and play the games I missed and just play indie titles (or Nintendo stuff since they seem to get it mostly right).

mckmas8808

My impression of take two is that they are aggressively profit oriented. It just so happened that quality single player games were most profitable in the past. Currently it is gaas.

But they clearly see single player games as extremely profitable too. Hence RDR2's and GTA 6's budget.

mckmas8808

Yup, if that's the way it goes. I'll go back and play the games I missed and just play indie titles (or Nintendo stuff since they seem to get it mostly right).

Hence why publishers won't stop making the games you love. No company in their right will just give up profits to chase the elusive GaaS money. Most of them fail badly.

Top Bottom