• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar says hold my beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Rockstar just wiped it's ass with every other game graphically if the final product matches that trailer. When you consider the density, npc models lighting, geometry, etc it's not even close. Spiderman 2 and Cyberpunk cities look like a complete fucking joke in comparison. Again that is only if the game matches that trailer.

Well former GTA 5 developer says the game will indeed look that good.

gow3isben

Yes it will match the trailer based on their history

If it was CDProjekt or BioWare I would call bullshit

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Nah. Hellblade 2 tops this.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It's akin to asserting that my 8K-rendered, globally illuminated fruit bowl, meticulously crafted with 6 million polygons and employing raytracing and path tracing techniques, surpasses the visual appeal of your expansive state teeming with NPCs, vehicles, dynamic weather, and a sophisticated day-night cycle.
Never stopped people from crowning Uncharted or TLOU as the best looking games. Are we starting to make exceptions now?

I really hope you're joking. Hellblade DUNKS on GTA VI visually but one is a huge open-world game with tons of interactions and the other is a walking simulator. GTA VI is more impressive. Hellblade looks better.

Never stopped people from crowning Uncharted or TLOU as the best looking games. Are we starting to make exceptions now?

I really hope you're joking. Hellblade DUNKS on GTA VI visually but one is a huge open-world game with tons of interactions and the other is a walking simulator. GTA VI is more impressive. Hellblade looks better.
Hellblade looks more photorealistic but GTA looks like it has way better physics and stuff going on. To me it’s like saying a final fantasy movie has better graphics than a Pixar movie simply because it looks more “real”.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Better than Cyberpunks city? Horse shit. The structure of the city in Cyberpunk has a sense of scale that GTA VI doesn't appear to have from the footage so far. I don't mean the size but rather the structure of the buildings. GTA IV looks like exactly what it is, an upgraded version of GTA V.
Yeah, Cyberpunk genuinely feels like you're in the downtown of a mega city. The structures are huge and oppressive. GTA V didn't even feel like it had a downtown section because the city felt small. The skyscrapers and streets weren't awe-inducing.

That said, GTA VI does look overall better than Cyberpunk. Path tracing or no path tracing.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member

C'mon man Hellblade looks phenomenal but I assumed we're all discussing in good faith and with proper context, as you even brought up on in your reply.

Hellblade will be a Superb looking AA game, maybe even the best looking this entire generation. But there's so much post processing on already dark scenes that are difficult to make out much beyond the character. Character rendering is undoubtedly excellent though.

Gaiff

C'mon man Hellblade looks phenomenal but I assumed we're all discussing in good faith and with proper context, as you even brought up on in your reply.

Hellblade will be a Superb looking AA game, maybe even the best looking this entire generation. But there's so much post processing on already dark scenes that are difficult to make out much beyond the character. Character rendering is undoubtedly excellent though.
Again, this has never stopped people from crowning Uncharted or TLOU the best looking games, even with the likes of GTA V or RDR2 being around. Now we're suddenly going to act like we must treat Hellblade 2 differently?

AA? This will be a AAA game mate.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Again, this has never stopped people from crowning Uncharted or TLOU the best looking games, even with the likes of GTA V or RDR2 being around. Now we're suddenly going to act like we must treat Hellblade 2 differently?

Well GTA V was a game spanning 3 generations, but RDR2 has always been in that conversation with Uncharted and TLOU. There's not much environment going on in Hellblade 2 and it looks to be a repeat here. It's understandable as the team is small.

AA? This will be a AAA game mate.

You are the first person I've heard refer to Hellblade series as AAA. The production is not in the same category as RDR2, TLOU, Uncharted, etc. I don't mean this as a slight to the devs but lets be real. I'm still not sure if you're serious.

Gaiff

Well GTA V was a game spanning 3 generations, but RDR2 has always been in that conversation with Uncharted and TLOU. There's not much environment going on in Hellblade 2 and it looks to be a repeat here. It's understandable as the team is small.
My point isn't that RDR2 shouldn't have been in the conversation. My point is, why dismiss Senua's Saga when we weren't disqualifying Uncharted or TLOU? They're much closer in scope and scale to Hellblade than they are to GTA.

For instance, I'm sure you didn't find it controversial that people said TLOUII looked better than Cyberpunk. You didn't go, "Well, one is a huge open-world game with lots of things going and the other is a scripted smaller scale cinematic game." Exact same thing at play here.
You are the first person I've heard refer to Hellblade series as AAA. The production is not in the same category as RDR2, TLOU, Uncharted, etc. I don't mean this as a slight to the devs but lets be real. I'm still not sure if you're serious.
Ninja Theory is owned by Microsoft now. The first Hellblade was them when they were independent. They've been backed by a multi-trillion dollars corporation for years and have gotten massive publicity on the world's biggest stages since they began seriously working on Hellblade 2. AA? Where have you been the last 5 years?

The marketing alone shoots it to AAA level and if you seriously think big daddy MS is holding back funds for a game they've been putting at the forefront of their showcases for 3 years and counting, I got news for you.

Last edited:

Quantum253

If this is true with AI and being able to take low res textures and small file sizes and upscale how the MLA thinks it should look, you can take a ps1 game and make it look ps5 in a few more years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom