• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady: "People are going to lose their minds [when we start talking again]"

prag16

Banned
I've been wanting a Rocksteady ninja turtles game for years. But then the Platinum one came and went and it was highly disappointing.

Probably some ho hum DC comics property. "People gonna lose their minds" sheesh, way to manage expectations...

If they did hire people for multiplayer and if it is indeed multiplayer, it could be the first multiplayer MMO to actually do MMO's justice. I did like DC Uni online but something about that game felt off. Rocksteady has the talent to successfully pull this off.

TDLink

I want a Flash game. Superman as a game doesn't work for a myriad of reasons. But make a big city and let me run around as The Flash, running across water and up buildings and jump from one to another, or race through the streets. That's a good game right there.

Is there a chance that even though they hired network people that the game isn't multiplayer?

It could just have some multiplayer but also have lots of single player maybe.

Maybe like Diablo but with the camera behind the player instead of an overhead view and with Batman combat.

est1992

It could just have some multiplayer but also have lots of single player maybe.

Maybe like Diablo but with the camera behind the player instead of an overhead view and with Batman combat.
I'm hoping that's what it is. It would be a shame to see a studio so adept at capturing the single player experience switch to a lackluster multiplayer game

theyturkerjurbs

Neo Member
Anyone ever finish Arkham VR?
I'm fairly sure they revealed that batman wasn't rid of Joker. Could totally see a game with batjoker as the villain where you play as red hood maybe?

Arkham VR spoilers

Anyone ever finish Arkham VR?
I'm fairly sure they revealed that batman wasn't rid of Joker. Could totally see a game with batjoker as the villain where you play as red hood maybe?

Arkham VR spoilers

Was revealed to be a dream bruce had after the events of AC but before AK. The end of AK shows that bruce has him "under control" but I'm sure he'll be back eventually :p You can't get rid of him

Neonep

It's time.
17e91ee0c28ae514760a57b0ce488310--batman-beyond-batman-family.jpg

thelastword

Banned
Yes, Rocksteady we know it will be awesome...If anything, other third party devs would have to take a picture of what you guys did with Arkham in UE3 and copy that...The amount of graphical features plus the general fidelity of that game is still one to behold. Arkham is the most impressive open world third party game released this gen.....

Joker simulator with evil loot-box-like joker boxes with 200 random consumable joker laughers/banters every time you open them. People will buy lootboxes just to hear the laugh.

That is what worth loosing mind for.

Head.spawn

Probably won't happen with me.

Feel free to bookmark this post, if you see me losing my mind over anything Rocksteady related, feel free to rub it in my face.

TBH, I hope their next game has loot boxes if it means they'd work hard on making customizable armor like Injustice 2.

Ugh jump over to the Injustice OT if you want to see how THAT is going. The armor is baaad and was only fun at the beginning due to the illusion of so many possibilities. Now the only thing anybody wants are classic costumes and skins

est1992

Ugh jump over to the Injustice OT if you want to see how THAT is going. The armor is baaad and was only fun at the beginning due to the illusion of so many possibilities. Now the only thing anybody wants are classic costumes and skins
This is how I was at the beginning. Didn't really care for the armor once I realized I could switch skins to Reverse Flash, Powergirl and John Stewart. Thinking of this, I hope they take that Static skin and slap it onto Raiden

I don't care about classic skins. Just having variety is great.

If it's not Superman, it's going to disappoint people.

1391808_orig.gif

I swear if it's another Batman game I will be disappointed. Can you imagine a Superman game where you can fly out in outer space and travel to different planets at hyper speed? Fly to the sun while it charges you up greatly? Man if only, but I think a game like that would take a decade to do if you're going for realistic graphics with a massive world.

Azzanadra

Did they ever fix the Arkham Knight PC game?

Yeah totally, I just finished it today morning and it ran like a dream. On a 970 I got a solid 60 FPS for the entire game on max settings, though I did experience a little hitching...nothing an SSD can't solve. On PC, if you have the hardware it really is a looker- I honestly think it might be the best looking open-world game ever.

Velcro Fly

I should really get around to finishing the other Batman games. I beat Asylum pretty easily in a few sessions but the next one just overwhelms me with content.

alt27

Is it guaranteed to be a superhero game?? Are they tied into that universe or something?

Would like to see a brand new IP if im honest, but I know thats unlikely

I want a Flash game. Superman as a game doesn't work for a myriad of reasons. But make a big city and let me run around as The Flash, running across water and up buildings and jump from one to another, or race through the streets. That's a good game right there.

C'mon, that is just an ignorant thing to say. If you put the right kinda talent and creative thinking behind "any project" it can turn out amazing.

Just because no one has figured it out or done a Superman game quite right yet don't mean it can't be done right.

RockSteady already stated they love a challenge, and i don't think you can get a more challenging project then to take on Superman.

Don't be surprized if there next game is Superman, gamers have been calling for it for years now to be done right, and they may have took the calling for that challenge to heart.

I'm going to guess it is a WB property. Some possible things could be :

1) maybe Rockstar is working hard on the Harry Potter MMO.

2) Teen Titans game

3) Green Arrow game

4) Gremlins

5) Batman animated series

6) the Matrix

7) scooby doo

est1992

C'mon, that is just an ignorant thing to say. If you put the right kinda talent and creative thinking behind "any project" it can turn out amazing.

Just because no one has figured it out or done a Superman game quite right yet don't mean it can't be done right.

RockSteady already stated they love a challenge, and i don't think you can get a more challenging project then to take on a Superman.

Don't be surprized if there next game is Superman, gamers have been calling for it for years now to be done right, and they may have just took them up on that challenge.
It's the logical next step for them to take. They're a single player, story driven company. A multiplayer Justice League game wouldn't suit them. BUT, a solo Superman game akin to the Arkham games definitely would

Absolute pie in the sky dream game: Green Arrow

What I think it probably is: Superman

Worst case scenario: Suicide Squad/More batman

Top Bottom