• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady: "People are going to lose their minds [when we start talking again]"

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Better not be a Batman focused game.

If they're sticking to DC properties I'd love a solid Flash or Wonder Woman game.

I hope they dont do some type of Justice League game. Each of the members of the league fight so differently that they'd have to balance them to the point of nerfing them.

jdstorm

Banned
Better not be a Batman focused game.

If they're sticking to DC properties I'd love a solid Flash or Wonder Woman game.

I hope they dont do some type of Justice League game. Each of the members of the league fight so differently that they'd have to balance them to the point of nerfing them.

Why balance them? If its co op PvE you can just let everything be insane. Many people enjoy being overpowered compared to the average enemy and any exploitative build can be pushed by a DLC superboss for those that prefer a challenge.

Wiped89

Can we just go one thread without talking about loot boxes, please? Thanks.

For me it's surely a Justice League game.

MK: Shaolin Monks 2 ... believe
uF9vdmD.gif

jdstorm

Banned
When people talk about a Justice League what is the genre you guys are thinking?

Third Person character action game with a mix of Melee and TPS combat.

Could also see it being First Person like that cancelled Avengers game, or possibly both if Rocksteady want to make that happen. Third person would be the likely defult mode that everything was optimized for.

Kuro

I hope their next game has a lot better art design for the characters because everyone in Arkham looked like they were on roids.

SMD

1391808_orig.gif

I swear if it's another Batman game I will be disappointed. Can you imagine a Superman game where you can fly out in outer space and travel to different planets at hyper speed? Fly to the sun while it charges you up greatly? Man if only, but I think a game like that would take a decade to do if you're going for realistic graphics with a massive world.

Superman's Sky.

Batman Beyond would be the only batman game I would ever want from Rocksteady after AK. No more Arkham games...unless of course it's called Batman: Arkham Beyond -_-

Anyways, I'd love a Justice League just to play as WW or Flash.

I just know that if it's another superhero comic book game, I'm not going to bother. I've never been into superheroes all that much, but all the incessant theatrical releases really burnt me out on the while thing even further. If WB wants to keep them on licensed-game duty, they've got access to plenty of interesting IPs to be creative with. Do something with Gremlins, Scooby Doo, Ace Ventura, Magic Mike or Harry Potter, I don't care.
Scooby Doo mysteries
This guy gets it.

ronpontelle

Neo Member
Loved Asylum, it was one of my favourite games last gen; wasn't that keen on City (cancelled my preorder and held off until it was super cheap after the Catwoman shenanigans) and with Knight going even more open world I haven't even picked it up yet (not sure I ever will).

Plus it's WB, so I'm not excited for Rocksteady anymore really, which is a shame as once upon a time it would have been one of my most anticipated announcements!

Kevtones

Metroid Prime 4.

Bingo.

Reasons why:

1) People will lose their heads
2) Rocksteady is headed by former heads of Argonaut. Makers of Starfox. Makers of the Super FX chip in the SNES. Nintendo just released SF2 out of nowhere.
3) Nintendo is searching for mature content. Rocksteady handled Batman with expertise. They rebooted it in the TDK/Animates Series tone.
4) Batman Arkham games had a serious Metroid and Metroid Prime vibe to them by design.

This makes too much sense.

Simo

Oooh I never thought of them doing The Matrix! Honestly though I wish and hope it's then either taking a crack at Justice League or Superman. I'd wager we'll find out at the Game Awards in December given Arkhams history of being revealed their on a couple of occasions.

Funnily enough, reading this thread and the Superman replies reminded me of the near Superman sim we were supposed to be getting on PS4 and PSVR called Megaton Rainfall...
https://youtu.be/Bb9eQoxtqb4

I thought it was supposed to be released this fall so I looked it up and it's releasing...this Tuesday! lol

Upinsmoke

Arkham Knight burned me out. Cool at first but by the end I've never wanted a game to end so much. Dragged on longer than LOTR ROTK

Top Bottom