• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier Confirmed for Western Release

So is there an email address I can send an email stating I want the Wii version and would pay $90 for a limited edition bundle? All I see is support.

I just made my first Facebook post in over a year on their page showing support for the Wii version.

This will be my second third party retail Wii U game lol.

I have over 15. I feel like a unicorn amongst Wii U owners.

So is there an email address I can send an email stating I want the Wii version and would pay $90 for a limited edition bundle? All I see is support.

I just made my first Facebook post in over a year on their page showing support for the Wii version.

I have over 15. I feel like a unicorn amongst Wii U owners.

I dunno. I just tweeted to them hoping that they'll manage to bring the Wii version too

tumblr_njpt48127A1ssyccqo1_540.gif

Wii U version pls.

I loved that episode. Hate the release schedule, though!

On topic, that's awesome news. Hopefully the Wii U game will contain the Wii original. It just looks much more interesting than the new one :lol

I'm assuming the Wii version will be bundled, I mostly meant "getting console version not handheld"

And yes, that episode was amazing, and yes the release schedule is awful (and I'm spoiled because I discovered the show after Season 1 was finished so I got to binge watch most of it)

Ok, I'm a bit busy at work so don't have time to check to see if this was answered already, but what's the differences between the Wii, WiiU and 3DS versions?

Looks good though, and I could do with more WiiU games.

Nezzhil

I preordered (in AmiAmi, so I can't cancel it) the WiiU JAP version only for the Wii game, but I'm very happy about this news.

What? We do know it's coming to EU, it's right in the op. I'm super happy and hope they'll bring the Wii-version too - that one sounds way better than the 3DS / U-version. Thanks NISA, now you have two games in my must buy list (DR Another Episode and Rodea), more than anyone but Nintendo.
Ops! I missed that :p Great!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What? We do know it's coming to EU, it's right in the op. I'm super happy and hope they'll bring the Wii-version too - that one sounds way better than the 3DS / U-version. Thanks NISA, now you have two games in my must buy list (DR Another Episode and Rodea), more than anyone but Nintendo.

rjc571

Banned
Cool news, but the Wii version is the only one that interests me, so unless they confirm that it's coming I'm just going to stick with the JP version of the game.

sörine

Banned
Nintendo needs to allow 3rd party Wii downloads on Wii U. It'd be perfect for this and I could see NISA digging out Sakura Wars and Phantom Brave too.

TheMoon

sörine;152899631 said:
Nintendo needs to allow 3rd party Wii downloads on Wii U. It'd be perfect for this and I could see NISA digging out Sakura Wars and Phantom Brave too.

Why do you say "allow?" I doubt they're putting up any roadblocks there...

@MUWANdo

Banned
sörine;152902184 said:
If Virtual Console's anything to go by, Nintendo themselves are the roadblock. They schedule throttle everything.

No-one's being throttled on Wii DL, they were just caught unawares.

You can be sure I will be snagging up both the WiiU and 3ds versions for this oddball piece of japanese niche gaming. I had nearly forgotten about this game on the Wii.

Everything I've heard from people who played the demo say the 3DS version has performance issues.

I'm not surprised considering the Wii U version doesn't look like it runs all that well either. I really want to play on 3DS though because honestly the game is horrendous graphically for a Wii U game but for a 3DS game it's serviceable and should look fine on the small screen. The game must be awesome in 3D too.

This game seems like the perfect title for a NEW 3DS upgrade too....
I don't see why they couldn't use the CPU upgrade to stream in higher resolution texture and improve the frame-rate.

ys45

Look interesting , Il keep an eye on this one (which mean Il probably get it like I do with every NIS games)

Do we know if the story is the same on the Wii/Wii U versions?
Or is different. If they are the same it could be easier to localize...at least release the game as a pre-order bonus on the Wii U eshop (if they can do that)

AniHawk

Do we know if the story is the same on the Wii/Wii U versions?
Or is different. If they are the same it could be easier to localize...at least release the game as a pre-order bonus on the Wii U eshop (if they can do that)

it seems largely the same based on the trailer from 2011.

TheMoon

This game seems like the perfect title for a NEW 3DS upgrade too....
I don't see why they couldn't use the CPU upgrade to stream in higher resolution texture and improve the frame-rate.

Because extra dev time for those enhancements clearly weren't in the budget/scope of this. It's a miracle this even exists the way it does.

Because extra dev time for those enhancements clearly weren't in the budget/scope of this. It's a miracle this even exists the way it does.

I'm still going to hope for more. The presentation looks pretty poor and regardless of how much of a miracle it is we're even getting the game, it would be nice if it could get some improvements.

TheMoon

I'm still going to hope for more. The presentation looks pretty poor and regardless of how much of a miracle it is we're even getting the game, it would be nice if it could get some improvements.

Sure it would be nice but the chances are close to 0 at this point.

AwShucks

Looking at the trailers I can sort of understand the gameplay of the Wii version but the Wii U trailer just looks really confusing.

I'll keep my eye on this though.

Top Bottom