• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roger Daltrey

The Who are one of the best rock groups from the golden era of music! :messenger_beaming:

I don't like much new music at all. I just don't get what people see in it. :messenger_grimmacing_

DiscoJer

Because he doesn't use an autotuner? But probably because the Who largely stopped being relevant in the 1980s

He's actually an interesting singer. I wouldn't call him technically proficient. He doesn't have a great range. But there's something to his voice. And he, at least early one, had sort of a sneering or angry quality to it that you would later find in early punk bands, illustrated perhaps best in My Generation and the quoted above Young Man Blues.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I've always preferred early Soul/R&B Roger Daltrey.

I've never listened to any of his solo 80's stuff. Is there a standout album from that era that I should listen to?

Last edited:

*Nightwing

The who is great and all, but his greatest work was done on television, and he was robbed of the well deserved Emmy for his masterful work as Hugh Fitzcairn

I also love Ray Davies. Will this type of music return in the 2060s? I doubt it, but if I ever have a kid, he or she is gonna experience real music! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom