• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roger Stone: Manafort’s mood 'amazingly good' despite coming indictment

Zolo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roger-st...good-despite-coming-indictment-223127822.html
Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort is “in an amazingly good mood” and is still “entirely loyal” to the president, despite having been informed by special counsel Robert Mueller that he will be indicted, according to his former business partner Roger Stone.

Manafort “does not want to go down in history as John Dean,” Stone said Monday, referring to the former White House lawyer who revealed Richard Nixon’s involvement in the Watergate coverup to federal prosecutors and Congress. “And — and I don’t think he will.”

Stone said in the interview he reached out to his old friend Manafort last week after reports surfaced that the FBI had picked the lock of his house during a pre-dawn, unannounced search of his house as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Manafort sounded “very combative,” Stone said, and told him he believes Mueller’s team is “guilty of multiple violations of the law and due process in their efforts to investigate him.” Manafort was “outraged” by the search — during which FBI agents went into his closet and took photographs of “all his custom-made Italian suits,” Stone said. Manafort viewed it as an “intimidation tactic” to get him to turn on Trump.

But, Stone added, “the notion that they could go to Manafort, for example, and say ‘all right, Manafort, we’ve got you on money laundering, tax evasion, whatever. But if you’ll just tell us that you were colluding with the Russians, and Trump knew everything, we’ll let you walk.’ That’s not going to work. That might work with a drug dealer. I don’t think it’ll work in this case. … He still maintains that he’s broken no laws, that there is no Russian collusion. And I believe him.”

Stone said he also asked Manafort if the reports were true that he has been told by Mueller’s prosecutors that he will be indicted.

“He said, ‘Yes.’ I said, ‘Do you know when?’ He said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘Do you know for what?’ He said, ‘No.’ Pretty straightforward.”

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Blatant hit piece against Mueller and the investigation. Stone is probably just as dirty as Trump and co and he's a top contender for me as to seeing a political entity bite it.

Nafai1123

Banned
Manafort “does not want to go down in history as John Dean,” Stone said Monday, referring to the former White House lawyer who revealed Richard Nixon’s involvement in the Watergate coverup to federal prosecutors and Congress. “And — and I don’t think he will.”

This seems really dumb to say as it implies that he has the knowledge to do so.

Surfinn

It's like everybody surrounding Trump is in a direct competition to see if they can be fucking dumber than Carter Page

Xe4

Banned
Stone is likely next. There's no way he's clean. Dude is an ex Nixon dirty trickster FFS.

Anyhow, I don't care how Manafort feels. What matters is that he goes down.

Wallach

Stone is one of the sleaziest humans on the planet, even given the current competition. Assume he is lying with every word he ever speaks and you'll be right more than you are wrong.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Competition for dumbest co-conspirator is still going strong I see.

I'm really glad these guys are complete dumb asses if they were even half as good at their job as anyone on Obama's staff we could be in real trouble.

I take what Roger Stone says with a grain of salt. That said he is a fascinating character; there's a great documentary called "Get Me Roger Stone" that provides an overview of his career and in particular, his role in the 2016 Presidential Election. I recommend it.

the1npc

I take what Roger Stone says with a grain of salt. That said he is a fascinating character; there's a great documentary called "Get Me Roger Stone" that provides an overview of his career and in particular, his role in the 2016 Presidential Election. I recommend it.

I rolled my eyes so hard at the nixon tattoo.

kevin1025

Banned
Irrelevant man tries to be relevant again; offers nothing relevant.

Although, it is hilarious that Manafort was outraged by them taking photos of his suits, haha.

Tripon

John Dean actually got away pretty cleanly. Yeah, he had to plead guilty to a felony and serve jail time, but he's still able to make a living and doesn't have a stink of being a part of the wrong side of Watergate.

Top Bottom