• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Stone: First in-depth interview with Paris Jackson (Michael's daughter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
C29ax_JVEAAQL0-.jpg

Michael Jackson's daughter... for those of you who don't recognize her name.

Quite a bit of stuff in there... opens up about some drug problems, sexual assault, suicide attempts, and commenting on her racial identity.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-michael-jacksons-daughter-speaks-out-w462501

She does consider herself black, since that's often a topic I see brought up about MJ's children:

"I consider myself black," she says, adding later that her dad "would look me in the eyes and he'd point his finger at me and he'd be like, 'You're black. Be proud of your roots.' And I'd be like, 'OK, he's my dad, why would he lie to me?' So I just believe what he told me. 'Cause, to my knowledge, he's never lied to me.
"Most people that don't know me call me white," Paris concedes. "I've got light skin and, especially since I've had my hair blond, I look like I was born in Finland or something." She points out that it's far from unheard of for mixed-race kids to look like her – accurately noting that her complexion and eye color are similar to the TV actor Wentworth Miller's, who has a black dad and a white mom.

She also believes there was a setup to MJ's death.

"Because it's obvious. All arrows point to that. It sounds like a total conspiracy theory and it sounds like bullshit, but all real fans and everybody in the family knows it. It was a setup. It was bullshit."

BET has an article, too.

http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2017/01/24/paris-jackson.html

norinrad

Who?

Oh Michael Jackson.

She believes he was murdered, okay. Hope she gets past that thought.

No wonder Donnie won, people don't even try to look things up anymore.

Apologies for mentioning Donald. I just couldn't help myself. Lol

Rembrandt

Banned
She is gorgeous. It sucks to hear about her prior drug addiction, suicide attempt and all that, but luckily, she seems to be in a better place.

Also Michael sounded like an incredible father given the circumstances

She comes across as a pretty decent kid that had a torrid time growing up.

When they met, he had an ill-considered, now-covered Confederate flag tattoo that raised understandable doubts among the Jacksons. "But the more I actually got to know him," says Prince, "he's a really cool guy."

That kinda made me smile. Good for them.

Ivan 3414

She's stunning, her new look isn't flattering though

I hope she doesn't actually believe she's biologically related to MJ

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
A Mötley Crue tattoo... In your mouth?!?! Don't we, as a country, have to draw the line somewhere? Fucking outrageous...

She seems appropriately eclectic, given who her father was. I wish her all the best luck in finding someone to remove that tattoo at a reasonable price.

Linkura

I think it's possible Michael's her biological father. As they say in the article, there are some fair-skinned biracial children with a black and a white parent. I'm not saying he's definitely her father, but there is a possibility there and I wouldn't outright dismiss it. There's no way Debbie Rowe isn't her mother though. Just look at the picture of the two of them together in the article. Their faces are literally the same.

Interesting article. She's grown into a gorgeous young lady. I remember the little girl who spoke at her father's funeral like it was yesterday. Seeing that referenced in the article made my eyes water. It was such a heartrending moment.

LakeEarth

A Mötley Crue tattoo... In your mouth?!?! Don't we, as a country, have to draw the line somewhere? Fucking outrageous...

She seems appropriately eclectic, given who her father was. I wish her all the best luck in finding someone to remove that tattoo at a reasonable price.

Not that it makes it much better, but I'm pretty sure mouth tattoos don't last, like one year tops.

She seems like she's on the right track, good for her. A child who grew up in her situation inevitably has to work through some major issues. Looks like she's coming out the other side of it all with great poise.

Davide

I think it's possible Michael's her biological father. As they say in the article, there are some fair-skinned biracial children with a black and a white parent. I'm not saying he's definitely her father, but there is a possibility there and I wouldn't outright dismiss it. .

Light eyes like hers run in the family too, IIRC.

Barrage

The article really showed just how little of Michael Jackson any of us know. The image of him as a foul-mouthed, soul food-cooking, stern dad is just completely absent from his public persona.

I'll try not to respond to any of the ignorance about Michael being her biological dad, except to say that presumptions like that are hyper-damaging to bi-racial kids. Wentworth Miller and Bob Marley are equally Black. Your eye test ain't worth shit.

TI82

Banned
She looks like a videogame character in that cover, some mixture between Sunset Overdrive and Borderlands

I don't think I can fully imagine how fucked everything had to have been for her and her brothers after Michael died and they got pulled into the public eye, especially her since she was pretty much the focus. Trust issues with people who want to be friends who could have ulterior motives and use you to the bullshit of high school, self esteem issues and pile on social media with the assholes either talking shit about you, at you or your father and parentage not to mention the pervs/creeps.

The article really showed just how little of Michael Jackson any of us know. The image of him as a foul-mouthed, soul food-cooking, stern dad is just completely absent from his public persona.

I'll try not to respond to any of the ignorance about Michael being her biological dad, except to say that presumptions like that are hyper-damaging to bi-racial kids. Wentworth Miller and Bob Marley are equally Black. Your eye test ain't worth shit.

I'm not finished reading it but I did laugh at this.

"His number-one focus for us," says Paris, "besides loving us, was education. And he wasn't like, 'Oh, yeah, mighty Columbus came to this land!' He was like, 'No. He fucking slaughtered the natives.'" Would he really phrase it that way? "He did have kind of a potty mouth. He cussed like a sailor." But he was also "very shy."

Right on Michael.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I hope she finds peace. She's been though a lot.

methane47

"I consider myself black," she says, adding later that her dad "would look me in the eyes and he'd point his finger at me and he'd be like, 'You're black. Be proud of your roots.' And I'd be like, 'OK, he's my dad, why would he lie to me?' So I just believe what he told me. 'Cause, to my knowledge, he's never lied to me.

CT5FUeIWsAIDKRX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom