• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Thread | Home of Red vs Blue, RWBY and Achievement Hunter. And knobs.

kulapik

RT_Recap.png

What is Rooster Teeth?

Rooster Teeth is a production company located on Austin, TX, that is especialized on video games content. It became famous after the success of the machinima series Red vs Blue, which uses the game Halo in order to create a whole new story. It's also focused on live action shorts, gaming content with the branch Achievement Hunter, and animated shows like RWBY.

What can I find on Rooster Teeth?

Rooster Teeth is branched in four channels:

-RoosterTeeth, where the main content is posted. Here you'll find the RT Podcast, the RT Animated Adventures (based on the podcast), Red vs Blue, RWBY, Achievement Guides for some of the latest games, This is... (with introductions of the latest games), How to (where Adam and Joel play games), Achievement Hunt (similar to the game HORSE), AHWU (fans saying numbers and on the middle an update on the news of the week), Fails of the Weak (covering bugs on the Halo Series), Immersion (Michael and Gavin try videogame elements in real life), etc.

-Let's Play, where the Achievement Hunter crew plays games on a weekdaily basis. Their most famous series are Let's Play Minecraft (that just reached the 100th episode!), GTA V and the shows Vs (where one member challenges another to a game) and GO! where the crew compete to be the first to complete the task designated by the leader Geoff)

-Gamefails, with glitches, fails... not that important.

- The Know, with daily segments with the latest news of the gaming industry.

Who are Rooster Teeth?

The people that mostly appear in front of the camera are:

596377a96ef353b7ab40ff42a85dc643.png

Burnie Burns, the creator of everything RvB and cofounder of the company.

250px-RT_Wiki_Matt.jpg

Matt Hullum, co-founder and actual CEO of the company.

250px-Gus.png]

Gus Sorola, co-founder and hater of quotes.

Barbara_siri_shirt.jpg

Barbara Dunkelman, Community Manager and maker of terrible puns.

300px-25_5004f824cf35d.jpg

Monty Oum, RT's Resident Asian and creator of RWBY.

10799GeoffRamseySpeaker.jpg

Geoff "Lazer" Ramsey, co-founder of Achievement Hunter. Also his laugh cures cancer.

Jack_AHWU.png

Jack Pattillo, co-founder of Achievement Hunter.

250px-Michael_cinnamon.png

Michael Jones, member of Achievement Hunter and rage quitter.

200px-Gavino.jpg

Gavin Free, member of Achievement Hunter, creator of the Slo Mo Guys and the dumbest british in the entire world.

250px-RayUpload.jpg

Ray Narvaez Jr., member of Achievement Hunter. JUBL

250px-Ryan50ba8afb9fedf.jpg

"Mad King" Ryan Haywood, member of Achievement Hunter and serial killer.

Featured content right now

Let's Play Minecraft #100: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB1gmjXtSJo

RvB LiveStream STREAMING RIGHT NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngTCEPrXOE

-------------------------------------------------------

I know there's already a Rooster Teeth thread on here, but it's been dead for a few months, and with the latest 2BFP thread, I thought RT deserved his own OT. If it's missing something, tell me and I'll add it.

Plus, I've "hid" a wrong information, let's see if you can find it :p

jem0208

Well, I found your mistake:
Jack and Ryan are switched.

Anyway, the latest Minecraft lets play was really good. Looking forward to the next 100.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The waiter at Lunchbox Laboratory yesterday was wearing a RWBY bracelet. I almost asked him about it. But then I ate some fries off someone else's plate instead.

Moaradin

I'm surprised it took this long to get a Rooster Teeth thread.

I first heard of them from RvB, but nowadays I mostly watch their podcast and real life short stuff. Also love their Immersion series.

I remember these guys used to do Achievement videos on YouTube, didn't know they had a podcast. Subscribed. Also wasn't aware these were the Red vs Blue guys, but that was a million years ago!

TheWriter

I only watch them for Rage Quit and Achievement Hunter. Some of that Rage Quit stuff is pure gold. Had no idea they acquired Monty Oum as well, wow.
Might subscribe.

SpartanN92

Banned
The RT crew are some of the nicest people I've ever met!

I was briefly in season 10 and got to tour the old studio and eat BBQ with Burnie. Easily one of the most fun days of my life!!!

I was super into Red Versus Blue around season 8, but then 9 went overboard on the plot and they brought in new people to handle the live action production that I wasn't super into. And Geoff stopped being on the podcast.

Has it gotten better since then?

SZips

Is anybody here a subscriber? I've been thinking about trying it out but it rather feels like the content associated with it just isn't as worth it as say a Premium subscription to Giant Bomb.

I'm usually not around at the times they do their live podcast streams, so those would essentially be wasted on me. But are there any other worthwhile benefits or are they planning on doing more for subscribers?

I loved RvB and have been a sponsor since I can remember but I kinda fell out of watching their stuff as they expanded. I don't really watch the AH stuff or any RT stuff the does not have any of the original crew I there. I still sponsor though cus I enjoyed what I have seen and I tend to remember RvB once a year and catch up + buy the blu-ray and listen to the commentary.

sjay1994

Damn, its taken us way to long to make a Rooster Teeth thread.

Looking forward to PS4 update 1.7 just because it means AH will start doing some PS4 lets plays.

Subed

Small thing, Dunkelman only has one 'n'. Glad to see some Rooster Teeth on here, their Let's Plays are the only ones I watch now and Immersion is just brilliant, big podcast fan too.. well pretty much a fan of all their stuff haha

Been a fan of Rooster Teeth for a long time now. I haven't watched Red vs. Blue in a long time, I'll try to catch up some day. The first 5 seasons are fantastic, but I wasn't a big fan of the later, more serious seasons with CGI. Their Minecraft Lets Plays are the best lets plays on YouTube, I always enjoy them. Podcast is great too, though I preferred the old format.

I'm still holding out hope for Strangerhood Season 2

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I started to watch RT videos about a year ago or so and I'm subscribed to all of their Youtube channels now. I enjoy the content a lot, it keeps me entertained. I'm going to RTX this year and I'm stoked for it! Never been to Texas at all and Austin sounds like a fun place to visit!

In my opinion, this is some of the best free entertainment around. I knew about RvB a very long time ago but I never really got into it. Then a couple years ago, maybe less, I found Michael's Rage Quit series and fell in love. I watched all of them and then caught a couple of let's play with him and Gavin in which I couldn't stop laughing. Just by looking at more and more videos, I found Achievement Hunter which I quickly noticed was a part of Rooster Teeth. I thought to myself, I know that name. Cool. Well let me check out all this shit. Now I'm subbed to all of their channels and I watch some of their content almost every day. Usually when I'm riding my exercise bike after work. Call me easily entertained, but I cannot get enough of the AH Let's Plays. Oh, and RWBY is great too. Love that soundtrack.

I have to admit, when I first starting watching the large, 6 man AH Let's Plays, I could not tell Ryan and Jack apart at all. This actually bothered me because I couldn't pin down one or the other's personality, haha. Now that I've watched all 100 episodes of the Minecraft LPs and a bunch of others, I have no problem telling them apart but I was confused for a while there.

Also, no Lindsay in the OP? She's the voice of Ruby Rose and a regular on VS now! And engaged to Michael!

"Mad King" Ryan Haywood, member of Achievement Hunter and serial killer.

Lol.

I love Achievement Hunter's stuff so much, it's basically replaced TV for me now. I just stick a let's play on instead.

Let's Play Mouse Trap. yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobbshiHOb0

Go! 27, in the new office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sqj8gBKfyQ

Let's Build Golden Hoe Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rco2kocadro

Plus the podcast on all your favorite feeds.
Mouse Trap was ridiculous. Geoff's delivery of, "Thrilling" had me laughing pretty hard.

Michael drives me nuts. He's like nails on a chalkboard.
Michael is the guy who got me into RT in the first place so he and Gavin, aka Team Nice Dynamite, are my favorites. I'm also very familiar with Michael's style since I was born and raised in New Jersey. He reminds me a lot of the guys that I used to hang out with regularly. Yes, we were loud and obnoxious so I can see where the hate comes from, but to me, it's music to my ears, haha.

Jamie OD

There is just something about these guys that makes me constantly flip flop my opinions about them. I keep going back and forth thinking they are either annoying as hell or incredibly entertaining. Maybe it's because I originally followed them back when they just did Red Vs Blue and am still in shock at just how huge they've become since then.

All the GTAs, WWE (if only for the intros), Mari0, and anything from their Things To Do In series.

The first Achievement Hunter video I watched was Mari0, and I was completely sold and that started my addiction. Their Let's Plays of Minecraft made me get the game, too. I watched about 30-40 of them over one weekend non-stop. I absolutely love the AH gang and wish my job was as fun as theirs.

Best is Mad King Ryan, though. Never fails to entertain.

I love Rage Quit, it seems so stereotypical "guy angry at games" but there are some really hilarious moments and quips amongst all the yelling.

Top Bottom