• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Thread | Home of Red vs Blue, RWBY and Achievement Hunter. And knobs.

belushy

Banned
I've been really enjoying Funhaus videos so far. Already have Michael from AH coming in for videos. I really wanna see what AH and FH can do together. Maybe at a future RTX or something.

edit: Not that I care what the comment section on Youtube thinks, but apparently Michael doesn't "fit in" with the Funhaus guys. I disagree, I thought he was pretty good in the videos he was in.

Calcium

Banned
If you were a backer for Lazer Team there should be a link for you waiting in your e-mail! It looks better than I was expecting. Pretty excited for it to come out now.

Welfare

Ray is leaving for full time streaming.

http://achievementhunter.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3330046

CCQ_CUeVEAEV3N4.jpg:large

Deadstar

Wow....Rooster Teeth seemed like kind of a dream job if the pay was right. I guess he can make more on his own by streaming. We live in a crazy world.

KarmaCow

Wow kinda surprised he's leaving but at the same it's probably for the best for everyone involved. He'll be happier, we'll get less quiet Ray and he'll be genuinely enjoying himself in more AH videos, plus streaming.. Still, leaving to do streaming seems like a dead end compared to RoosterTeeth even if he isn't cutting himself off.

Also I wonder what they'll do to fill the gap. Ray is such a massive draw.

Wow kinda surprised he's leaving but at the same it's probably for the best for everyone involved. He'll be happier, we'll get less quiet Ray and he'll be genuinely enjoying himself in more AH videos, plus streaming.. Still, leaving to do streaming seems like a dead end compared to RoosterTeeth even if he isn't cutting himself off.

I must be getting old...the first thing I thought of was what kind of retirement scenario streaming could ever offer.

I think Jeremy would make a good Lad

I'm thinking Joel...

That really sucks. I hope he succeeds and I've watched some of his streams before, but as much as I like him I just don't find one person occasionally interacting with chat to be as interesting as the multiple people in one room playing off each other set up that Achievement Hunter has. I wonder how many videos they've filmed with him already, if the Borderlands Pre-Sequel series or the current Rainbow Six series will be completed. Maybe that's why they didn't put out a Borderlands video this week. I wonder if they'll rotate in some other Achievement Hunters to fill the gap, I noticed Jeremy seems to do pretty well in FPS games.

KarmaCow

That really sucks. I hope he succeeds and I've watched some of his streams before, but as much as I like him I just don't find one person occasionally interacting with chat to be as interesting as the multiple people in one room playing off each other set up that Achievement Hunter has. I wonder how many videos they've filmed with him already, if the Borderlands Pre-Sequel series or the current Rainbow Six series will be completed. I wonder if they'll rotate in some other Achievement Hunters to fill the gap, I noticed Jeremy seems to do pretty well in FPS games.

Yea Ray is much funnier playing off someone else. Pretty sure everyone watches the R6 videos to see Gavin fuck up and Ray flip out when Gavin fucks up.

I don't think they have anyone that can fill the gap. Would rather see them just stick with 5 as often as possible.

This is all Monopolys fault

It will not be the same without Ray that's for sure. I always loved it when he could quickly pull references/one liners into conversations that were always random and hilarious.

KarmaCow

You right, I was being mostly facetious. Think of the train wreck with six people talking in the same video and one of them being Joel.

Joel was great in the original On A Rail video. He's at his best being neurotic and muttering to himself in a group.

It will not be the same without Ray that's for sure. I always loved it when he could quickly pull references/one liners into conversations that were always random and hilarious.

Especially when he quietly whispers some dumb joke while everyone else is talking. His asides with Michael are great too.

Reading that at first kind of shocked me but the more I think about it, it's not all that surprising. Pretty obvious he was tired of doing the same stuff week after week.

I just hope they don't replace him with Lyndsay.

Tagyhag

Reading that at first kind of shocked me but the more I think about it, it's not all that surprising. Pretty obvious he was tired of doing the same stuff week after week.

I just hope they don't replace him with Lyndsay.

You only don't like Lyndsay because she's a girl! /s

Id be fine with them sticking with a 5 man crew for now. Other guests that they've had understandably never really fully clicked with the group.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ray's great, one of the best they have/had. Still, there were signs he wasn't as happy as he used to be. RoosterTeeth took his original twitch account and that pissed him off i think.

Sad to see Ray go but I think if any of the Achievement Hunter cast members were to leave it was always going to be him. Is this the first "big casualty" that the company has had so publicly? Usually when people leave it's all very hush hush.

Calcium

Banned
I'm glad Ray is leaving. Better to go off and do something he enjoys than be miserable and barely talk in the videos. Hopefully they don't replace him with either Kdin or Matt.

Rembrandt

Banned
Sigh, it's Rays last day. I followed him on twitch and I hope he does well there. I'm sure he will since his girlfriend is able to support herself off that alone. It's still gonna be weird. I wonder who's gonna replace him. Jeremy or Lindsay would be a good fit, but they'll probably just rotate the three or not. Drawful with no Ray is awful.

So Ray got something like 20k in donations yesterday. No wonder he quit.
I'm going to guess that's just everybody showing their support on his first day away from RT. Ray has mentioned many times that getting hired by Geoff was one of the best days of his life and I'm sure people know this decision to do his own thing was not an easy one. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of money for one day of streaming. I'm just skeptical that he'll be able to keep that up. Still, I'm very happy for him and, while he may not make 20k every day he streams, I'm sure he'll be just fine. :)

I'm going to guess that's just everybody showing their support on his first day away from RT. Ray has mentioned many times that getting hired by Geoff was one of the best days of his life and I'm sure people know this decision to do his own thing was not an easy one. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of money for one day of streaming. I'm just skeptical that he'll be able to keep that up. Still, I'm very happy for him and, while he may not make 20k every day he streams, I'm sure he'll be just fine. :)

I just watched a 10 minute video he uploaded to youtube of him playing goat simulator from a twitch stream. he got almost 300 dollars in that 10 minutes.

Super random/necro bump but, I was watching the Capsule Force Let's Play earlier and holy crap this might be the most intense RT video I've ever watched. Not even particularly a fan of the podcast crew but man, probably my favorite video in a long time, possibly ever. Figured I'd share it here just because.

https://youtu.be/x8RmgcR6J_c

Top Bottom