• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: Pixar's Inside Out (2015) - 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a preview screening last night.

I've been hearing that it's the "best Pixar movie since Up" which made me realize Up came out 6 years ago (and Toy Story 3 came out after Up, so I guess the author of that quote wasn't a fan).

I thought it was amazing. A perfect mix of adult and kid humour, great characters, and loads of creativity. It was cute, charming, and emotional.

I haven't seen Brave, Cars 2 (lol), or Monsters U. I liked Toy Story 3, but that was 5 years ago. I would say Inside Out is slightly better than TS3.

I heard some early hype that it was like the first ten minutes of Up, but for the length of a whole movie.

Sounded ridiculously hyperbolic to me.

But ya know, even if it doesn't quite reach those heights, it definitely does sound like a return to form for Pixar, who's had a pretty weak run the last couple of years.

Down to 98% now.

reagan-mondale-1984-electoral-college-map.jpg

Some people just want to be different.

I heard some early hype that it was like the first ten minutes of Up, but for the length of a whole movie.

Sounded ridiculously hyperbolic to me.

But ya know, even if it doesn't quite reach those heights, it definitely does sound like a return to form for Pixar, who's had a pretty weak run the last couple of years.

Kind of ridiculous to compare the two that way. Possible spoilers:
Up was much worse in terms of emotional gut punches. There were definitely moments in Inside Out that made you sniffle, but nothing as serious as Up's.

Ramsiege

Just watched it. Excellent film that had me fighting back the tears by the end while my wife was full on crying. It was very funny and imaginative and had a great running gag about
songs getting stuck in your head.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Inside Out is brilliant. It has the laughs and cuteness we have come to love from Disney, along with Pixar's return to a level of attention to detail that is unmatched in the Industry. Even more impressive, Inside Out is the easily the most ambitious project Pixar has taken on, with two interconnected storylines flowing adjacently with extremely complex themes and plotpoints, yet Pixar has managed to condense this experience into something even the youngest of children can enjoy while breaching emotions hidden within even the most cynical of human brains.

Inside Out is easily on of the best Pixar films in recent memory, and finally locks the dissapointment of Brave deep within my subconscious, where hopefully it will never reveal its ugly bear-head again!

Astral Dog

Kind of ridiculous to compare the two that way. Possible spoilers:
Up was much worse in terms of emotional gut punches. There were definitely moments in Inside Out that made you sniffle, but nothing as serious as Up's.

Up was not serious except for the beginning and ending this goes against earlier impressions, cant wait to see it ,

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Saw it tonight and loved it. Teared up a few times, it's a real rollercoaster of emotions.

Michael Giacchino's score was superb.

Watch it in 3d so glasses can hide your tears. Fucking amazing. Incredible mix of sad and funny. Wonderdful voice acting and amazing visuals. One of best understandings/depictions of depression I've seen on film. Top 3 Pixar movie.

Only thing I didnt like was the short. It was cute but that song was annoying.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Watching this tomorrow with the wife and the little one. Looks great.

Did I hear Minions comes out in 3 weeks in the US? It's already out here in Australia.

Well, Princess was an amazing film. My fav of all three of those by far.

I actually agree with you. Having rewatched Tangled and The Princess and the Frog recently, I think the latter is the best and most complex movie of the Lasseter era. It just has the most interesting stuff going on, and rewards rewatching more than Tangled or Frozen. In fact, I think I would call it the best Disney movie since... The Hunchback of Notre Dame, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom