• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
But being Sakurai, he probably thought somebody would probably cry becuase lime green sf pallete swap was not in the game, so he decided to put everything instead of more interesting and fun ideas. Its the same man that defends keeping ganondorf as a clone becuase he things some fans will cry if he changed him into an original character.

Or you know, he simply thought it would be neat to pay homage to the costume colors in his home series.

People jump to the weirdest conclusions in Smash threads.

The classic palette swaps are way better though. Especially when we have SF2 music and a SF2 stage as well. Sakurai loves drumming up the nostalgia just like with Megaman.

Not for me.
I would have prefered two alt colors to resemble ken and dan, than lime green and light blue.
Same with using the most boring ST2 stage possible (although this one, he has a huge excuse because it IS Ryu's stage, so it was a little more riske to made another chracter's, even if more interesting, stage).
I would say, that thankfully it looks visually more interesting than the orginal version of the stage, and not a 1on1 replica thank god.
And of course we were going to have SF2 music, because it was the normal thing to do, what its not normal is the sonic stage having majority of crap music intead of sonic 2d music remixes.

Smash is not SF. Two pallete swaps could have been made into ken and dan perfectly because Ryu is an ambassador for the whole series in smash.
Lime green and light blue are nothing people would cry if they weren't included.

Im not one of those crazies that want sakurai never touching smash again, quite the contrary, but stop defending this type of shit, the man gets a lot of things, maybe not exactly wrong, but questionable (easy to implement ideas that would make a lot of people happy and are passed just because), and a lot of things right.

But being Sakurai, he probably thought somebody would probably cry becuase lime green sf pallete swap was not in the game, so he decided to put everything instead of more interesting and fun ideas. Its the same man that defends keeping ganondorf as a clone becuase he things some fans will cry if he changed him into an original character.
I'm disappointed Ken and Dan costumes aren't there, but the SF2 fan service is probs there because Sakurai used to play SF2 as a young man. It's probably fan service for himself haha

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah what would make an interesting SF assist trophy?

Summoning dictator and him going psycho crusher would be hilarious

Not for me.
I would have prefered two alt colors to resemble ken and dan, than lime green and light blue.
Same with using the most boring ST2 stage possible (although this one, he has a huge excuse because it IS Ryu's stage, so it was a little more riske to made another chracter's, even if more interesting, stage).
I would say, that thankfully it looks visually more interesting than the orginal version of the stage, and not a 1on1 replica thank god.
And of course we were going to have SF2 music, because it was the normal thing to do, what its not normal is the sonic stage having majority of crap music intead of sonic 2d music remixes.

Blame Sega for that. Apparently they are the ones relegating the music.

Disgusting. Should have put Ken in over Ryu.

look at this mad gaijin and laugh
bts_lina.gif

Hoping there is still more to come from the patch. A new map and characters is cool but is like to see some more stuff, particularly maps. Just some general small changes I'm hoping I see as well.

Kama_1082

Banned
Smash is not SF. Two pallete swaps could have been made into ken and dan perfectly because Ryu is an ambassador for the whole series in smash.
Lime green and light blue are nothing people would cry if they weren't included.

Im not one of those crazies that want sakurai never touching smash again, quite the contrary, but stop defending this type of shit, the man gets a lot of things, maybe not exactly wrong, but questionable (easy to implement ideas that would make a lot of people happy and are passed just because), and a lot of things right.

God damn, shut up

Ryce

Yeah what would make an interesting SF assist trophy?
Thematically, Akuma makes the most sense since the other third-party assist trophies are antihero/villain rivals: Gray Fox, Shadow, Elec Man, and Ghosts. M. Bison is more of an Eggman/Wily equivalent.

Regiruler

Baffled that people wanted Wonder Red, a character from one flop game with no history, over the iconic Ryu.

This leak is shit btw, all my hype... *poof*
Ryu is boring as fuck from a visually boring franchise and hasn't had a significant presence on a nintendo console in forever. A fucking launch port of SFIV hardly counts.

Is it really that hard to understand that people want nintendo characters in a nintendo game?

_SAKY_

Oh look, instead of adding somebody interesting to the roster they decided to go with the dullest fighting game protagonist of all time when his company already has a much more influential representative. Wonderful. At least roy's new design looks good.

So much this...God it's everywhere there is so much this.

Who

Banned
Nintendo VS Capcom is all but confirmed for me at this point. I can't wait to see it!!! Nintendo characters rendered in the stylish cel-shaded SF graphics engine. Mmmm Mmmm

Holy shit confirmation already?!! Nice to see both of them confirmed and I'm hella happy that Ryu is in, my fav VG character ever! Pretty sure his colors are gonna be his usual 2nd Player Color(blue gi, yellow headband), Evil Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and Sean colors.

And Inkling Girl Trophy too?! If they did good in the Smash Polls, I really hope Inkling Girl and Boy are gonna be in the game in the future!

Holy shit confirmation already?!! Nice to see both of them confirmed and I'm hella happy that Ryu is in, my fav VG character ever! Pretty sure his colors are gonna be his usual 2nd Player Color(blue gi, yellow headband), Evil Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and Sean colors.

And Inkling Girl Trophy too?! If they did good in the Smash Polls, I really hope Inkling Girl and Boy are gonna be in the game in the future!

Nope

qzocURf.png

RYUUUUUUUUU! Even Roy is looking gdlk!

Does this mean we'll be getting Ryu and Roy closer than we thought? Thought Sakurai had barely even started development on them and figured we wouldn't get them till way later this year.

Kevinroc

I think the SF Assist Trophy will be Chun-Li. Recently,it seems as if she is promoted as if she were the secondary Street Fighter protagonist (with few exceptions).

Or you know, he simply thought it would be neat to pay homage to the costume colors in his home series.

People jump to the weirdest conclusions in Smash threads.

And this is why I dont enter to smash threads anymore, people will defend Sakurai even if he makes the shittiest game ever.
Funnily I dont think he has ever done a bad game, I think all his games are incredibly great, but I do thik he fails on the small details, A LOT.
You can tell me that he did it becuase X or Y, and I can understand that (I knew it was Ryu's original palette swaps), but I still dont find them interesting nor fun.
Thats why I said I would have prefered two of those being altarnate character colors, as for me it would have been more fun.
Im pretty sure very few amount of people would have said, seeing the pallete swaps, "wheres lime green and light blue?" But we already had a lot of people saying "huh, its surprising not seeing ken or dan as altarnate colors".

Not for me.
Nah dude, Sonic stage music is some of the best in the game. City Escape, Live and Learn, AND Sonic heroes?! All you're missing is a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup.

Nintendo VS Capcom is all but confirmed for me at this point. I can't wait to see it!!! Nintendo characters rendered in the stylish cel-shaded SF graphics engine. Mmmm Mmmm

I'm not saying this is impossible, but that's quite the leap here.

Also, for the uninformed, what does Virtua Fighter have to do with Street Fighter, if anything? What's up with these outfits?

Chorus Kids aren't Ridley or something. Rhythm Heaven is a long-running Nintendo franchise at this point which just had a new game release so there's no reason to think it'll never have a rep in Smash.
Yeah, I don't think they'll be in this one though due to mechanical limitations, kinda like Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom