• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Danger 5

HotHamBoy

danger-5-58e22544c73e3.jpg

When I decided to rewatch Danger 5 this week, after recommending it to a friend, you can imagine my profound sadness in discovering that it was no longer on Netflix.

But both seasons are on DailyMotion, my friends!

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_42n92huepou800ksw4ccw0404_640.gif

First off, it is such a fun show! Each episode is brimming with absurdities. As far as period-accurate filmmaking satire goes I think it is only rivaled by Dark Place. There's so much attention to detail in the practical effects, camera work, dubbing, music, etc.

02anaconda.gif

It's pretty amazing how many jokes are crammed into every moment of the show.

ZOfcOUN.gif

ifrlsO.gif

tumblr_nlu8kxMzaS1qe5rulo1_400.gif

Fun facts:

Dario Russo (top) in addition to writing, directing and playing many bit parts, also wrote all the music in both seasons.

Hitler is played by Dario's dad, Carmine Russo!

david_and_dario.jpeg

Best Girl?

9bb7c6cffbf1706d3a8a98c07b6b5c9a.jpg

Best Pierre?

52.jpg

Best run on joke:

C1f573I.gif

Bonus nerd shit:

Steely Dan Apes
0301__large.jpg

Waifu
hXL6gus_d.jpg

Saban
75538fc12ad74f2ecfb743f30df5ffb9.jpg

Don't Die
tumblr_nllsfifHFC1riga7so1_400.gif

Kas

I love the random drink recipes.

I can't really remember whats in a perfect Heil Hitler though.

ezekial45

Banned
I loved this show. S2 got weird, a bit too weird in some cases, but I enjoyed it all the same.

I'm sad we'll probably never get S3, set in the 90s would have been rad, but they had a pretty good run of it with the two seasons.

HotHamBoy

I loved this show. S2 got weird, a bit too weird in some cases, but I enjoyed it all the same.

I'm sad we'll probably never get S3, set in the 90s would have been rad, but they had a pretty good run of it with the two seasons.

I really have no idea where they could go with it. I feel like they rung out every possible joke and bit they could from the concept.

Also, I love the weirdness of Season 2. It's so god damned weird.

HotHamBoy

I really disliked season 2. I would have been more than happy with another season in the style of the first season.

Season 2 is jarring on the first watch. On rewatch the brilliance becomes apparent.

Season 1 definitely exhausted the material for that setting and concept by the last episode.

I wanted to watch this on Netflix last month only to find it was gone. Thanks for the heads-up on Dailymotion.

I thought season 2 was okay and season 1 was genius. I'd be down for a season 3 set in the wild west or some bizarre shit along those lines. Go back in time to before Hitler was born, they could do something with that I think.

Top Bottom