• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the anime made me think of one thing when it comes to Florges

Herr Florges (though I guess Frau Florges makes more sense)

Spyware

I liked this line when I first ran into it, and I used a Florges in a run. But the more I look at it the less I like it. I think that's a first. I usually like them more and more instead.
Don't think I'll ever use it again. Hrm.

Macka

Floette is definitely my favourite from this line, but I don't dislike any of the three.

I really feel Florges should have been Fairy/Grass though. It seemingly incorporates the original flower into its body, and I mean we already had Sylveon for pure Fairy as well, so this would have been some more variety.

Boss Doggie

it's safe to use "her" on her since they're all female

anyway despite having grass-related stuff she's still just wearing the flower, and honestly grass typing would just be a hindrance to her

Zyrox

Don't like this line at all. Something about their designs just doesn't work for me. Then again I don't like any of the current fairy types much.
Also really bothers me that they aren't Fairy/Grass.

e105zeta

Neo Member
I <3 Flabebe and all of its forms.

I certainly don't mind that it's not Grass, since that gives Whimsicott more of a unique niche.

On a side note, it's really weird that Tierno and Trevor's Starter Pokemon were Flabebe and Corphish.

Xux

Florges is okay. I don't really like the "pretty" Pokemon but I do like Pokemon that go against expectations type-wise.

Next up is another animal-plus-element but after it's a couple cool guys.

tumblr_n5a9f4jO241rpn9eno1_500.gif

tumblr_nh5icq6ZqJ1qfjr5zo2_500.gif

tumblr_nb8l9zoDDY1ttdkobo1_400.gif

I don't really like any of the new Fairy type Pokemon they added in gen 6. I used a Fairy type in my last 2 playthroughs but they were a Gardevior in X and Azumarill in Alpha Sapphire.

ajim

Flabebe and Floette are fantastic Pokemon. Florges is quite forgettable tho, completely lost its charm from its pre-evos.

Bladenic

Used this line in my Y playthrough. Definitely wrecks shit, ridiculous special defense and good special attack. Other than Sylveon, Florges is the first Pokemon I think of when it comes to the Fairy type.

Razmos

I loved Flabebe ever since it was revealed, it really excited for me for the fairy type. Unfortunately the rest of the fairy types don't live up to its design so it still reigns supreme over fairy pokemon.

Used one all the way through my playthrough of X, loved it

Forkball

Litleo and Pyroar are great designs, but they do have poor stats. Though typing Normal with anything is so weird. I mean isn't it normal because it doesn't have any sort of elemental gimmick? Bidoof is normal because he doesn't do anything special. Snorlax doesn't shoot out ice beams or swim, so he's normal. But Litleo/Pyroar are clearly FIRE Pokemon, why do they need to shove Normal. Also I just looked up what other Pokemon were part normal, and it turns some of the new fairies are Normal/Fairy (like Jigglypuff and Azurill). But Clefairy is just 100% fairy. And also Helioptile is Electric/Normal? WHAT

Flabebe is a good Pokemon to introduce the fairy type. I liked how you could have different colored flowers. Though Az's Floette will forever be completely bizarre to me.

Boss Doggie

Litleo and Pyroar are great designs, but they do have poor stats. Though typing Normal with anything is so weird. I mean isn't it normal because it doesn't have any sort of elemental gimmick? Bidoof is normal because he doesn't do anything special. Snorlax doesn't shoot out ice beams or swim, so he's normal. But Litleo/Pyroar are clearly FIRE Pokemon, why do they need to shove Normal. Also I just looked up what other Pokemon were part normal, and it turns some of the new fairies are Normal/Fairy (like Jigglypuff and Azurill). But Clefairy is just 100% fairy. And also Helioptile is Electric/Normal? WHAT

Flabebe is a good Pokemon to introduce the fairy type. I liked how you could have different colored flowers. Though Az's Floette will forever be completely bizarre to me.

I agree with your Litleo/Pyroar reasoning.

For Helioptile/Heliolisk line, they can't produce their own electricity.

Spyware

Azurill was pure normal before while the evolutions were pure water, so just adding fairy to all three was a pretty logical thing.
As said before in the thread, Jiggly kept the normal typing for the same reason Pyroar has it, the Hyper Voice STAB, since they are both clearly sound based mons. Clefairy had no reason to keep it so it's pure fairy.
Or, well, it's all just theories, but it seems logical to me.

But Snorlax lears ice beam AND surf!

Dryk

Vivillion is a low tier monster. Early game bug that gets Quiver Dance and Compound Eyes to capitalise upon Sleep Powder and Hurricane?

Fucking ace XY. Early game rodent, rat and bug coming out swinging.
I really respect all three lines immensely. Vivillon may be pretty restricted but it definitely have a niche that it excels in.

One of the things about Normal is not a lack of specialness, but a potential for such. That's why alot of pure Normal pokes have a ton of types they can learn from TM (compared to alot of pure fire/poison/etc).

Well, sure, I agree with that. I just think it's funny, because he said snorlax "doesn't shoot out ice beams or swim" and he in fact does. Back in R/B/Y I would even use a snorlax with those exact moves. I think the original quote was not thinking about it in the way that you are.

Boss Doggie

Does it arouse you :3

uhh

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

it's really weird and hilarious

in a later scene Florges attacks him with Energy Ball for again mistaking him for the thief (it was a Carbink), and it was blushing again when being struck

Azurill was pure normal before while the evolutions were pure water, so just adding fairy to all three was a pretty logical thing.
As said before in the thread, Jiggly kept the normal typing for the same reason Pyroar has it, the Hyper Voice STAB, since they are both clearly sound based mons. Clefairy had no reason to keep it so it's pure fairy.
Or, well, it's all just theories, but it seems logical to me.

Some sound moves are on other types though, like Bug or Fairy

really helped mons like Sylveon too for Pixilate Hyper Voice

Bladenic

How do you pronounce Florges? This Australian Poketuber I love to watch says it like Florgs, while I used to pronounce it like Flor-Jess (like gorgeous almost).

Spyware

Yeah but those types come with other expectations. Everyone would be even more confused by Fire/Fairy Pyroar. Normal can be applied to anything without any further explanation. Or apparently not, if you go by the reactions to it :p But you can see my point?

Toxi

Banned

By "some", you mean one each: Bug Buzz and Disarming Voice, which are both tied specifically to those types. It's like how Electric and Fire have Thunder Punch and Fire Fang; that doesn't mean punching and biting are tied to those types.

Meanwhile in Normal you have...

• Round
  • Sonic Boom
  • Chatter
  • Uproar
  • Echoed Voice
  • Boomburst
  • Hyper Voice
  • Relic Song
  • Pyroar's signature move, Noble Roar

Normal is basically the unofficial sound type, which is why sound-based Pokemon are Normal with a few exceptions like Chimecho.

Theorymon

If there's one thing I can say about Florges, its that it was a menace in the first Battle Spot Special when XY came out. That one only allowed gen 6 Pokemon, so it was a strange land where Diggersby and Avalugg were on par with Talonflame, Aegislash, and Greninja! A pretty annoying stall core that developed there was Furfrou + Florges, which together could wall a ton of important mons. It was espeically annoying because Florges learns Wish, so it could give Furfrou an alternate way of healing!

Funny thing is, people started using Special Aegislash to break that core, and then that eventually became the standard Aegislash set in Battle Spot Singles...

Pyroar is cool but it's missing that ferocity you would expect from a fully grown lion. Also Moxie on a special attacker a serious troll by GF :/

Florges is okay, and it's probably better for it that it isn't part grass type. If it had a better ability (anything actually useful) I'd use it over Sylveon much more often.

Didn't like Florges at first, but she quickly became a favourite of mine when I started using her in my X playthrough.

Still not a fan of Floette tho. Looks too much like Flabébé, and her tail is kinda awkward looking.

Top Bottom