• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting.

Growlie19

Well, since everyone else is doing it...

1. Vaporeon
2. Espeon
3. Jolteon
4. Umbreon
5. Leafeon
6. Sylveon
7. Glaceon
8. Flareon

Still waiting on that dragon Eeveelution.

ORAS couldn't even throw us an Orre bone. The GCN games were so influential to the third generation, more so than any other generation's spin offs, that they absolutely should have been referenced. Those games were required to fill your dex! XD had exclusive move tutors!

Even something silly like a TV show about Mirror B or a poster of Shadow Luigia in a kid's room.

Something to let us know Game Freak still remembers these great games and their characters exist.

Or go above and beyond and add a "Cipher Orb" item that lets Lugia "shadow evolve" into Shadow Lugia, like Primal Reversion, making him Dark/Psychic and changing Aeroblast to Shadow Blast.

Trey

I always liked Jolteon. It helps that (s)he's always been a baller ass electric type. I usually name mine Maxwell - even the females.

I don't really care for the others. Umbreon is cool, I suppose.

_eevee__by_arvalis-d5mzfqy.jpg

I always liked the way arvalis drew the Eevee in this picture.

Macka

Suicune had them before they were cool.
Suicune's streamers aren't actually attached to its body at all. Given it's based on the north wind, having something eternally caught in its gust is pretty cool imo. Plus Legendaries in general I feel can get away with having more mystical design elements.

On the other hand, Sylveon has flesh ribbons with little meaty boe ties attached to them lol. It's a pretty clear difference imo. With that said, even disregarding the ribbons, I'm just not a fan of the colour scheme in general, and as I've said before in here - eyes can make or break a design for me, and Sylveon's cold lifeless eyes make it look positively creepy to me rather the cute look they were going for.

Daemul

Before I get to Eevee later, I'll say this...I never really cared for the family.

Only ones I really liked was Espeon and Umbreon only because of Colosseum.

I'm fairly neutral towards the Eevee family, they mostly all have their uses, though I will admit that seeing Virgil win the Unova League whilst only using members of the Eevee family triggered me somewhat.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh, Eeveelution rankings?

1. Jolteon
2. Umbreon
3. Sylveon
4. Glaceon
5. Vaporeon (name feels lame btw, vapor is more gaseous than it is aqueous, should have been Aqueon)
6. Leafeon
7. Espeon
8. literally a tanned, fluffier Eevee

Zyrox

My ranking: (German names, because why not, they should be pretty self explanatory, and if not, they're in dex order)

8. Aquana
8. Blitza
8. Flamara
8. Psiana
8. Nachtara
8. Folipurba
8. Glaziola
8. Feelinara

Yes, they are all tied at 8. Don't care for any of the current Eeveelutions. And foxes are some of my fav animals. :/
I appreciate the evolution gimmick though. Maybe one day we'll get an Eeveelution I like too. Ghost evo pls.

Oswen

So much effort in this thread, well done OP.
My favourite pokemon is Alakazam, back in the blue/red days I was so proud to have one since I discovered by mistake how to evolve it while trading with a friend.
Thinking on it, it was actually a pretty terrible Alakzam, its moves were something like Psichic/Psybeam/Psywave/Recover but it was still my powerhouse and wrecked all the other pokemon of my classmates.

I also had to trade many cards to receive an Alakazam card for my psychic deck, it wasn't that good either but I remember being proud to use its power to move damage counters on a Chansey and things like that.
So much nostalgia!

I ended up using an incarnation of my Alakazam in every other game (or almost), its Mega is pretty cool too.

And since Eeve is coming I have to say the best Eevolutions are Jolteon and Umbreon, I don't really like the gen IV ones and Sylveon looks a bit...odd.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Whenever I see Ditto I think of this.

tumblr_m3ebs4tySV1qesw5io1_250.gif

Anyway as for eeveelutions ranking I will list them on the basis of how useful they were on my on my team.

-Vee, my Eevee. I used him on my Yellow team he didn't evolve but then again he was pretty strong with body slam and took down Blue's Alakazam.

-Vee, my Umbreon. In my head story I brought my Eevee with me into Jotho and he evolved into Umbreon. Umbreon gives the impression that he's fast attacker but really he's more of a tanker Pokémon and took hits well.

It also seem fitting that Vee evolved into an Umbreon as he was my psychic killer back in gen 1.

-Jolt my Jolteon, This was a brand new Eevee that I used in Fire Red, the story with him is that he wanted to evolve and chose to evolve into a Jolteon.

Jolteon was pretty good on my team, though he never really stood out since other members on the team took his shine away but that's alright as Jolteon is likely to be on my "Pokémon Z" team due to lack of new electric type.

-Vapo my Vaporeon, I used another Eevee in my White 2 team but Eevee evovled into a Vaporeon in the Desert Resort when he dug up a water stone.

Training Vapo was interesting as he didn't any water move until I got the HM for surf but Vapo was bulky and had Aurora Beam, I loved just how bulky Vaporeon is.

-Leafia my Leafeon, I used a Leafeon in my Platinum team and the story with him was that he hatched out of an egg but was a twin.

Leafia's twin brother was very shy and didn't like fighting, so I decided to send him back to Oak and take Leafia with me.

When Leafia evovled into a Leafeon he quickly became a star player in the team and due his bulk and attack he helped take down Fantina and Maylene, the two gym leader I struggled with.

-Eifie my Espeon, this is Leafia's twin brother and I used on my Heart Gold team to try and get him to over come his shyness and reluctant to fight.

He eventually evovled into an Espeon and not only did he quickly become star player on my team but he also became my favourite of the eeveelution... just don't tell the others.

-Flareon never used him and probably won't since I have Charizard on the team.

-Glaceon, haven't used it him yet due to the Icy Rock being late in the game so I am just waiting for the right time to use him.

-Veon my Sylveon, I used Sylveon in my Y team and urm he was the weakest member of the team slow and had poor defence so he could take hits well.

Eventually I gave him another shot but this time kept Baby Doll Eye, he actually became a bit more usable as Baby Doll Eye would go first so he could last longer in battle.

Sadly unlike the other eeveelution I am hard pressed to say something nice about Sylveon, he didn't stand out on team and even with Baby Doll Eye he's the weakest member on the team. Sylveon is still only on the team so I can mark him as used and learn fairy type match up.

I might end up dropping him when I next replay the game.

Also another thing that got pointed out to me is how Sylveon sticks out compare to the other eeveelution.

The eyes and the ribbon doesn't give Sylveon the impression that its' an eeveelution.

Plus having only one eeveelution in gen 6 is lame.

Fantastic job Watch Da Birdie. You are going god's work.

So, what is the consensus on nicknaming Pokemon? Yay or nay?

I always nickname any Pokémon that I used on my team.

Ash Ketchum doesn't nickname his Pokemon and neither do I.

Ash Ketchum also never wins any league battle.

Can't wait to see how the writer make him lose the Kalos league.

Before I get to Eevee later, I'll say this...I never really cared for the family.

... We aren't friends anymore. -_-

V-Faction

People are insane for Eeveelutions. Personally, I've always enjoyed Eevee's ability to functionally complete a missing portion of my team in any generation it's available. Of course, this is dictated by how easy it is to do so and how useful the typing is. Need a powerful Psychic type and all you need to do is make it happy? Espeon, you're on the team! Have to go visit some desolate ice rock in bum-fuck nowhere for a crappy pure Ice-type? Glaceon, I choose you to get the fuck outta here!

Why there was no Dragon Eeveelution introduced in XY is strange, since Fairy and Dragon were always being compared by Game Freak during interviews. There were also more Dragon types introduced in Gen VI than any other previously existing type.

JoeM86

Why there was no Dragon Eeveelution introduced in XY is strange, since Fairy and Dragon were always being compared by Game Freak during interviews. There were also more Dragon types introduced in Gen VI than any other previously existing type.

Dragon is also the only type which was Special in Generations 1 through 3 that lacks an Eevee evolution. Every other Special type has an Eevee evolution

Mr-Joker

Banned

Game Freak probably put more focus on designing Mega than create another Eeveelution.

But yeah a Dragon Eeveelution would have been great to pair up with a fairy type Eeveelution.

But alas it wasn't to be.

Razmos

Generally I'm not a fan of Sylveon's design, but when shown together with the other eeveelutions it doesn't look that different.

Eeveelutions.png

jrmanimal

First...awesome thread and job. Really cool. Made me to get in the mood to playing Black, and now White 2.

My Eeveelution ranking:

1. Jolteon
2. Umbreon
3. Vaporeon
4. Sylveon
5. Glaceon
6. Espeon
7. Flareon
8. Leafeon

And I never used nicknames in my Pokémons until recently. I started with HeartGold using regions and countries from Oceania as names. Then in Black I used random VG characters I liked and now on White 2 I'm using Mad Max related names.

Thores

Richie does, and he handed Ash his own ass in-tournament. >:p
Whoa whoa, handed Ash his ass? Not only was it a close match, but Ash would have won it, definitively, if he had let his Charizard commit a murder. "Forfeiting a match out of compassion" is not what I would call an ass-handing. You not getting called on this is a CRIME.

That said, nicknames are the way to go.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah Indigo League was terrible and had questionable shit too (your mon is forfeited because sleeping, no not loafing, but because of sleep status!)

jnWake

I wonder if we'll manage to fill one thread before Birdie finishes the 700 Pokemon. Has there ever been a RTTP2 thread before?

Seiniyta

I love all the eevee evolutions. But I like Flareon and Umbreon the most.

I'm actually curious if they'll ever give mega evolutions to all of the eveelutions That would be kinda neat. Just add more fluff.

Whoa whoa, handed Ash his ass? Not only was it a close match, but Ash would have won it, definitively, if he had let his Charizard commit a murder. "Forfeiting a match out of compassion" is not what I would call an ass-handing. You not getting called on this is a CRIME.

It's an L for Ash on the record books, it counts!!!

CassSept

Generally I'm not a fan of Sylveon's design, but when shown together with the other eeveelutions it doesn't look that different.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1f/Eeveelutions.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think it depends on how accentuated the tentacles are. When they are more subdued it doesn't stand out that much, but in artworks where they are more visible it stands out as a more robust design than other Eeveelutions.

I think the yes would bother me more if Fairy trainers/gym leader weren't so infinitely CREEPIER.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Eeveelutions.png

Sylveon's eyes doesn't match with the other eeveelutions and the ribbon feeler just looks out of place.

Let? Ash couldn't get Charizard to do anything since Charizard would disobey him.

Ash wanted Charizard to fight but Charizard knew that Ash didn't deserve to win and rightly so.

Yeah Indigo League was terrible and had questionable shit too (your mon is forfeited because sleeping, no not loafing, but because of sleep status!)

That never bothered me as honestly speaking Ash didn't deserve to even be in the league in the first place.

He was given 4 of the badges, I am counting the last Earth Badge as pfft fighting Team Rocket isn't a challenge.

Then after he got his badge he put no effort in training his Pokémon for the league and kept goofing off, it's little wonder why Charizard didn't obey him as he knew that without him Ash wouldn't far at all.

Then during the league Ash continued to get lucky, I mean winning the first battle with just one Pokémon that he has never trained at all. It was also boring to watch.

Ash deserved to lose to his clone in the most lamest way ever and his clone deserve to lose as well... which happened in the next episode.

I see no one got my joke. :(

When XY came out and people were gradually filling out the dex, people were hoping that Eevee had an extra evolution since there was one spot after Sylveon.

That last slot was...

Emolga.

Honestly I didn't like how Kalos did the 3 Pokédex nonsense, it was just pointless and meant that I had to see Sina and Dexio's stupid faces.

Seriously what was the point of them and their stupid superhero gimmick?

Azure J

Yea, this thread is about to make me raise a Sylveon or two. Gotta figure out a good team composition to slot her into.

Razmos

I think the only reason Sylveon's eyes are weird is because they are a light colour while all the rest are dark. If you look at the actual size and shape they are barely different than Glaceon and Leafeon's eyes apart from the colour.

wmlk

Eeveelutions.png

This is what makes it look bad, imo. I wasn't a fan of Sylveon's design, and then I saw this picture at pre-release info and then I realized how bad it really was.

Thores

Let? Ash couldn't get Charizard to do anything since Charizard would disobey him.

Ash wanted Charizard to fight but Charizard knew that Ash didn't deserve to win and rightly so.
Generally, yes, that's how things would play out. However, during the battle with Ritchie, Ash's Charizard saw Ritchie's Charizard as a worthwhile challenge and started tearing into him without caring about Ash's input. Eventually it was clear that Ash's Charizard was the victor, but he kept attacking the other Charizard so viciously and ruthlessly that it was in danger of serious, permanent damage.

Charizard did not listen to Ash's pleas to stop, and so Ash withdrew him, forfeiting the match. If Ash had just allowed the carnage to ensue, he would have eventually had his victory counted and moved forward. So yes, "let".

JoeM86

Yea, this thread is about to make me raise a Sylveon or two. Gotta figure out a good team composition to slot her into.

Sylveon is actually a fairly common used Pokémon. Its Hidden Ability and Hyper Voice can just destroy. It's quite bulky in its Special Defense and health, but does fall easily to physical hits.

Generally, yes, that's how things would play out. However, during the battle with Ritchie, Ash's Charizard saw Ritchie's Charizard as a worthwhile challenge and started tearing into him without caring about Ash's input. Eventually it was clear that Ash's Charizard was the victor, but he kept attacking the other Charizard so viciously and ruthlessly that it was in danger of serious, permanent damage.

Charizard did not listen to Ash's pleas to stop, and so Ash withdrew him, forfeiting the match. If Ash had just allowed the carnage to ensue, he would have eventually had his victory counted and moved forward. So yes, "let".

Your memory has failed, my friend.

Richie had a Charmander. Charizard defeated it because, like you said, it felt it a worthwhile challenge. Then, Richie sent in Sparky (his Pikachu) and Charizard felt it wasn't worth it so fell asleep and the match was called for Richie as victor.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think the only reason Sylveon's eyes are weird is because they are a light colour while all the rest are dark. If you look at the actual size and shape they are barely different than Glaceon and Leafeon's eyes apart from the colour.

Sylveon's eye is also bigger and more rounder than the others, hence why it doesn't fit with the others.

But I want to make it really really really clear I don't hate Sylveon at all, I just find it underwhelming as I am comparing my Sylveon to the other eeveelutions that I have used.

Glaceon will also fall under the same testing when I get round to using it.

I think you're confusing the Animé with the manga.

clemenx

Banned
Sylveon hate makes me sad T_T

My ranking:

1. Glaceon
2. Jolteon
3. Sylveon
4. Vaporeon
5. Umbreon
6. Espeon
7. Flareon
8. Leafeon

Idk why I find Leafeon extremely boring. Boring is the worst I can say btw. Everything Eevee related is great imo.

I hope we get 2 eevee evo's next gen again.

Thores

Your memory has failed, my friend.

Richie had a Charmander. Charizard defeated it because, like you said, it felt it a worthwhile challenge. Then, Richie sent in Sparky (his Pikachu) and Charizard felt it wasn't worth it so fell asleep and the match was called for Richie as victor.
Oh wow. My bad.

I like the version my shitty memory made up better, actually.

Top Bottom