• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 3090 and LG 27GL850 g-sync issues. Monitor Hz fluctuating not matching despite locked framerate.

Rbk_3

I am having issues since I got my 3090 with my monitor and I am trying to figure out if it is my card or my monitor or just a driver issue.

Gsync just doesn’t feel smooth. It felt fine with my 2070s on this monitor. If I cap my framerate, even if it is a rock solid stable fps my monitor OSD will show the HZ fluctuating wildly when it should be pinned to around the capped framerate. This happens with any framerate cap, in game, RTSS, NVCP etc. If I cap anything above 135fps my monitor keeps bouncing up to 144hz. Here are a couple videos I have recorded.

if anyone has this monitor, or any g-sync compatible monitor could you please test this for me and tell me how it is behaving for you. I do not know if this is what is causing my issues but like I said it felt fine with a 2070s.

RDR2 locked to 65fps

Warzone locked to 100fps

Warzone locked to 140fps

Senua

zbTpYLz.gif

Top Bottom