• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rudy Giuliani to facilitate cybersecurity talks with Trump administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said Thursday he’s helping organize a group of private sector cybersecurity experts who will meet with the incoming Trump administration about the issue.

“The idea here is to bring together corporate leaders and their technological people,” Mr. Giuliani said on “Fox & Friends.” “[The] president will meet with them on an ongoing basis, as well as anybody else in the administration.”

“I’ll coordinate the whole thing. I’ll get the people in, make sure the meeting takes place, make sure they get the information from the private sector,” he said.

Mr. Giuliani, a top supporter of President-elect Donald Trump, works in cybersecurity in the private sector.

“The president-elect decided that he wanted to bring in, on a regular basis, the people in the private sector — corporate leaders in particular and thought leaders in the private sector who are working on security for cyber because we’re so far behind,” he said.

Cybersecurity has come into intense focus in recent days amid reports on an unverified document with allegations that Russians claim to have compromising information on Mr. Trump.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/12/rudy-giuliani-facilitate-cybersecurity-talks-trump/

slit

I predict Trump attending the first two meetings before getting bored with it and then blowing it off.

“The president-elect decided that he wanted to bring in, on a regular basis, the people in the private sector — corporate leaders in particular and thought leaders in the private sector who are working on security for cyber because we’re so far behind,” he said.
Do they work on the best cyber?

Kinyou

Because private companies get never hacked, right?

Somehow I figured this would be something the NSA etc. should handle

smurfx

get some go again
looks like giuliani is trying to make a new position for himself in trump's administration since he didn't get anything.

Because private companies get never hacked, right?

Somehow I figured this would be something the NSA etc. should handle

You'd think, but the NSA is the boogeyman that records all your phone calls and spies on you with satellites and drones.
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom