• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rugby World Cup 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia are getting well beaten by a better side, but the fact they've just picked up 10 points due to shit reffing is a bit galling for a neutral.

Rugby Union really needs to get a grip of it's officiating, the game veers wildly between spending a half a game dealing with horribly opaque technical penalties and missing mind bogglingly obvious incidents. In this case the forward pass was completely obvious and there was a massive NZ knock on, neither should have been missed.

Complaining about the penalty is one thing but the try? That's pretty silly to me. If no try were scored, you wouldn't be saying anything because it was a pretty minor mistake overall. It's not like it led directly to the try, there was a fairly long passage of play that led to the try.

Besides, Kepu should be spending 10 minutes in the bin. Two cheap shots on Carter and then the swinging arm to the back of McCaw's head right before the try.

Anyway, fuck. That 40 minutes felt like 20. Intense stuff.

kmag

Complaining about the penalty is one thing but the try? That's pretty silly to me. If no try were scored, you wouldn't be saying anything because it was a pretty minor mistake overall. It's not like it led directly to the try, there was a fairly long passage of play that led to the try.

Besides, Kepu should be spending 10 minutes in the bin. Two cheap shots on Carter and then the swinging arm to the back of McCaw's head right before the try.

Anyway, fuck. That 40 minutes felt like 20. Intense stuff.

It's a minor mistake which would have given Australia possession in the Kiwi half, instead the All Blacks made 20 meters in a matter of seconds after Owens missed the massive knock on. The scoring took time, but the territorial gain was instant. Fair play for them actually gaining the yards, but the knock on still materially effected the game.

CCS

Banned
ca4a88ee2cae563d374d3b68d1d3225eff40512bd1a15fb59ca1ab93bdcb19b8.jpg

It's a minor mistake which would have given Australia possession in the Kiwi half, instead the All Blacks made 20 meters in a matter of seconds after Owens missed the massive knock on. The scoring took time, but the territorial gain was instant. Fair play for them actually gaining the yards, but the knock on still materially effected the game.

I just don't see the point of complaining about every mistake a ref makes. Yeah, they happen, no ref is perfect, but after a few phases, the number of possibilities tend to even things out (the ABs may've ran 60m and scored, Kepu might've been binned, etc.). It's only when those mistakes pile up to ridiculous numbers or the ref completely screws up the rules that I get pissed. Otherwise, the players just need to adapt and make sure they execute everything properly.

Dumb play by Ben Smith and FFS, leads to a try. Shouldn't have been the first to get a yellow in the final though, Kepu should've been in their ages ago.

I just don't see the point of complaining about every mistake a ref makes. Yeah, they happen, no ref is perfect, but after a few phases, the number of possibilities tend to even things out (the ABs may've ran 60m and scored, Kepu might've been binned, etc.). It's only when those mistakes pile up to ridiculous numbers or the ref completely screws up the rules that I get pissed. Otherwise, the players just need to adapt and make sure they execute everything properly.

Dumb play by Ben Smith and FFS, leads to a try. Shouldn't have been the first to get a yellow in the final though, Kepu should've been in their ages ago.

But they have piled up one way and they have all been things that were obvious.

Frodo

I gotta give it to Australia. They are not OMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMG
WHAT THE HELL WAS THATTTT:!?/!/1/!?!?/?????/???

CCS

Banned
That team is just so so good. When you look at the players who are retiring, some of the greatest ever on that list.

Omikaru

What a great World Cup!

The best team obviously won, though it's fair to say up until the final (arguably the semi-finals) the All Blacks have simply been going through the motions, whereas Australia has had to face some comparatively tough matches against England, Wales, Scotland and South Africa.

But both teams were amazing. I am a little sad Wales didn't get further, but we'd got further than everyone expected us to, with injuries, and facing some gruelling matches beforehand, so I'm not too upset.

Bring on the Six Nations in the new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom