• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rugby World Cup 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's typical NZ. Deliberate cynical cheating.

Cynical cheating against what? SA hasn't created anything in this game. They defended extremely well and benefited of the indiscipline of the AB. If it wouldn't have been for the "cheating", boks wouldn't have had any point in this game.

Says the guy who cried wolf over the Kaino yellow.

I don't think you know what crying wolf means.

Nasty looking bump under FdP's left eye.

Phew, what a relief. Poor first 40, with the ABs kicking the ball away at almost every opportunity, but a huge second 40 won the game. That last 10 minutes in particular was clinical, this team is calm as anything under pressure and it was probably the difference between the two teams.

Commiserations Boks fans, you've got a good, young side here, they'll be a handful in the future.

What's this nonsense about McCaw getting banned from the final? Having seen the "elbow" it just looks like he lost his balance and as a reflex put out his arm to help regain balance.

JP

Nigel Owens to referee the final according to Grant Fox.

Grant Fox said:
Nigel is clearly the best referee in the world - he's demonstrated that. We knew before this game [South Africa] that he had that job should we get the opportunity to play in that game [the final].

One of the key things he does, apart from communicating incredibly well with players, is that he lets the breakdown breathe, and that is really important. If you want to get a good contest and spectacle, you have got to let the breakdown breathe a little bit, and he is really, really good at that.

TMO was trying hardest to stop that yellow. Clearly didn't use his arms from a distance.

Edit: before people think I'm being contrarian, that's why it was given not that I agree with the yellow.

Looked like he tried to use his arms to me but mistimed it. Don't agree with the yellow at all, especially seeing as Genia got a free pass with an obvious professional foul earlier.

CCS

Banned
Serious hat time, the majority of the 50-50 calls in games between big nations and small nations have gone in favour of the bigger nation. Not accusing the refs of deliberate bias, but I think subconsciously they do favour the bigger nation.

CCS

Banned
Serious hat time, the majority of the 50-50 calls in games between big nations and small nations have gone in favour of the bigger nation. Not accusing the refs of deliberate bias, but I think subconsciously they do favour the bigger nation.

And demonstrated again with that knock on call and the subsequent scrum.

Was definitely a knock on though. Very strange refereeing on that scrum though. Aussie's hit the deck straight away, no? I think Wayne Barnes is just one of the lesser "elite" referees, he seems to guess a lot.

pulsemyne

Was definitely a knock on though. Very strange refereeing on that scrum though. Aussie's hit the deck straight away, no? I think Wayne Barnes is just one of the lesser "elite" referees, he seems to guess a lot.

He is shit. Way too picky one moment and then giving nothing the next. He just isn't consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom