• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

wsippel

Banned
With all this talk of Beyond Good & Evil 2 you're almost convincing me guys. Though the relationship between Ubi and Nintendo isn't the best right now: ZombiU flopped hard, the Rabbids are nowhere to be seen, AssCreed is probably a goner too...

Why would they release BG&E2 on what they perceive being a dying platform?
Because Nintendo would fund the development and publish the game. At least that's the idea. Wouldn't be the first time. Not completely impossible in my opinion, but also not very likely.

If this is true, one must acknowledge how impressive it is Nintendo essentially alone is carrying the Wii U. It's not going to change the dire trajectory, but it's starting to become clear that no one who owns the system should be disappointed anymore after the insane 2015.

I dunno. I think that as the library builds and as it becomes clear that Nintendo aren't just going to cut & run, and as they manage to get to a point where they can offer a cheaper entry price, they have a chance to pull the system back to some kind of respectable performance (for reference, I'm thinking GCN-ish, not anything amazing) and to nudge back into profitability.

They clearly want owners and potential owners to be satisfied in Nintendo's support, even if third parties just aren't there, and that's smart - as much as some would like Nintendo to pull the plug, that would be utterly toxic to their future in the business, and far more than dragging the system along on life support for another few years would be.

TBH, I think this E3 has done wonders for them in terms of changing the narrative about the system, and about Nintendo. It's not a miracle cure, but it's a good result that will help them push on through to the holidays.

Son Of D

Devil May Cry 5. Metal Gear Rising 2 and Ninja Gaiden 4

Might as well get the other character action games on the console.

In all seriousness, Ni-Oh is a possibility. Maybe a Mega Man game as well. That Del Toro game maybe? Beyond Good and Evil 2? Darksiders 3? It's going to be a surprise regardless.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
its also possible their licence might force them to release the games on nintendo systems, i do kind of expect EA to come back to the Wii U next year when there's a bigger userbase for no effort cash grabs (roster updated madden & fifa and outsourced ports of their star wars games)
It's settled then: Pod Racer 3 to coincide with the release of Episode VII

Would make a good companion to F ZERO UX

skull kid

Not happening. Nintendo has the most familiarity with Japanese devs and they are most likely the ones to get picked up.
I suggested High Voltage which is an American company but they were the only middle tier dev working strongly on putting out games for the Wii with rare game genres like "The Conduit" and have had a track record of continuing to make decent games recently.
so what? in the past Nintendo also teamed up with western devs like Acclaim, Factor 5, Silicon Knights and N-space for exclusives and it's not like Human Head have a track record of huge blockbusters; it's not out of the realm of possibility and I'm still calling it :p
edit_ugh just seen those leaked emails and apparently it's been developed by another studio? what a mess

Ridley327

I would not be surprised by a Mega Man game as a collaboration between Capcom and Nintendo.

It feels like it has to happen, doesn't it? The response to Mega Man's appearance in SSB has been tremendous, and it's clear that Sakurai went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the character was done justice. I won't suggest that MML3 will come back from the dead, but it does feel like a new Mega Man project will happen on Nintendo's watch.

Not happening. Nintendo has the most familiarity with Japanese devs and they are most likely the ones to get picked up.

I suggested High Voltage which is an American company but they were the only middle tier dev working strongly on putting out games for the Wii with rare game genres like "The Conduit" and have had a track record of continuing to make decent games recently.

i do actually wonder if things could've been different for the conduit/high voltage, they certainly put effort into their engine and they talked a good talk but the game just needed a bit more time and effort, had they gone with nintendo as publisher they would probably have been made to do that but as we know they went with sega just cos they promised to publish a sequel whereas ninty wouldn't

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
i do actually wonder if things could've been different for the conduit/high voltage, they certainly put effort into their engine and they talked a good talk but the game just needed a bit more time and effort, had they gone with nintendo as publisher they would probably have been made to do that but as we know they went with sega just cos they promised to publish a sequel whereas ninty wouldn't
Was a publishing deal with Nintendo ever on the table?
Seems odd they'd pass up an opportunity like that.

wildfire

Banned
Yes it was, however Nintendo wouldn't commit to a sequel whereas Sega would

Well maybe this time they've changed their tune and we'll see The Grinder after all.

I would be all over it if High VOltage continued to support wii motes. Their controls in Conduit were top notch.

zlCfzSChgWAI8bcQil

"Please understand..."

Banned
If they didn't get revealed during E3, then they aren't important or exciting.

Or they weren't far enough into development to show or Nintendo is saving some for TGS since these are games likely to hit 2015 and beyond?

I wonder what they are? Most likely Japanese games that did poorly on multiplatforms but will be Wii U exclusive.

Vanquish 2?
Anything from Mistwalker (Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey 2 hnnnng)
No More Heroes 3?

Tregard

Soothsayer
If we're giving insane answers, I'll throw Faith and a .45 into the mix.

Maye it was the era that sounded interesting to me, or maybe it was just the redhead?

I guess we'll never know.

Wow, this sounds brilliant, I'm shocked I've never heard about it before. Dammit, now you've made me hopeful!

Amir0x

Banned
I dunno. I think that as the library builds and as it becomes clear that Nintendo aren't just going to cut & run, and as they manage to get to a point where they can offer a cheaper entry price, they have a chance to pull the system back to some kind of respectable performance (for reference, I'm thinking GCN-ish, not anything amazing) and to nudge back into profitability.

They clearly want owners and potential owners to be satisfied in Nintendo's support, even if third parties just aren't there, and that's smart - as much as some would like Nintendo to pull the plug, that would be utterly toxic to their future in the business, and far more than dragging the system along on life support for another few years would be.

TBH, I think this E3 has done wonders for them in terms of changing the narrative about the system, and about Nintendo. It's not a miracle cure, but it's a good result that will help them push on through to the holidays.

I just think it's too little, too late. No system in Wii U's position has ever been able to change this sort of trajectory. Even 3DS wasn't on this trip before Nintendo tried to save it (and the hidden secret of the industry is it only did a medium job at that: the system is under-performing even by Nintendo's own standards. shows gaming dedicated handhelds are on the way out). Wii U is an entity alongside the bombing quality of Vita.

While I think with this many games Nintendo is clearly going to be able to prop up the system in 2015, I say this with as much trepidation as possible. Because I genuinely don't believe it is likely to even hit GCN numbers.

I like my Wii U a lot after that rough first year. But I don't think it's a realistic possibility. God I hope I'm wrong

Goody

Anything from Mistwalker (Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey 2 hnnnng)
Pretty sure MS has those IPs. I'd love to know more about what happened to Cry On. The only thing I ever saw come of it was "Hey, here's some art from a game that was supposed to be Xbox-exclusive that is now cancelled." No clue how far they could've gotten into development.

Banned
DMC 5 (or 2 since it was rebooted) could work since it bombed and Capcom is close with Nintendo and probably wouldn't mind the cash Nintendo gives them. Metal Gear Rising 2 is a far stretch and that would be bigger then a Bayonetta 2 announcement.

Banned
I just think it's too little, too late. No system in Wii U's position has ever been able to change this sort of trajectory. Even 3DS wasn't on this trip before Nintendo tried to save it (and the hidden secret of the industry is it only did a medium job at that: the system is under-performing even by Nintendo's own standards. shows gaming dedicated handhelds are on the way out). Wii U is an entity alongside the bombing quality of Vita.

While I think with this many games Nintendo is clearly going to be able to prop up the system in 2015, I say this with as much trepidation as possible. Because I genuinely don't believe it is likely to even hit GCN numbers.

I like my Wii U a lot after that rough first year. But I don't think it's a realistic possibility. God I hope I'm wrong
Yeah, and let's not forget that hitting GCN numbers is a huge failure for the Wii U because the difference is the GCN was profitable from early on (day 1 I think but not sure) while the Wii U is still losing money.

Amir0x

Banned
I've been meaning to ask- given your (justified) complaint about Nintendo failing in recent times to establish new IP, I'm assuming Splatoon is at the very least a step in the right direction?

Yes, absolutely. That looks extremely fun, and it's in keeping with Nintendo's unique sensibilities, which is precisely what I want from them. And I also take games like Xenoblade Chronicles X into the mix and Project Giant Robot/Project Guard.

Nintendo here is giving extreme prominence to franchises that are either completely new or basically new. Some of these have big budgets, and although it remains to be seen how large a marketing campaign might be for these games, it's undeniable Nintendo is striking at something i've wanted for a while.

I'd say they're still too franchise heavy for my tastes, but it's hard to complain after the showing they had at E3.

Pretty sure MS has those IPs. I'd love to know more about what happened to Cry On. The only thing I ever saw come of it was "Hey, here's some art from a game that was supposed to be Xbox-exclusive that is now cancelled." No clue how far they could've gotten into development.

a nintendo owned studio developed one of the blue dragon DS games

Yeah, and let's not forget that hitting GCN numbers is a huge failure for the Wii U because the difference is the GCN was profitable from early on (day 1 I think but not sure) while the Wii U is still losing money.

i thought they'd said the hardware was now profitable? (or breaking even at least)

Goody

a nintendo owned studio developed one of the blue dragon DS games
Still owned by Microsoft, however. I know they licensed it out like crazy. A big console exclusive would be a bit different I'd imagine than some cards, anime, or even portable titles. Not that I would ever imagine Blue Dragon to be a possibility here.

Regarding Cry On, however, here's a bit from IGN:
IGN said:
Aside from Sakaguchi's commentary and a few pieces of artwork, hardly anything was shared on Cry-On, giving it clear vaporware status. Sakaguchi did say initially that the game's scenario was 50% complete and that development would take an additional 1.5 to 2 years.
Who knows? Cry On resurfacing is probably wishful thinking (could that IP be tied to MS?) but it would certainly be nice.

Top Bottom