• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] A MediEvil project and Days Gone movie possibly in the works at PlayStation Productions

PlayStation Productions now has a dedicated website showcasing all their projects - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/playstation-productions/
In a video detailing their mission statement there are 2 seconds showing off the legs of a certain character who is most certainly Sir Daniel Fortesque

Deacon St. John is also in the video montage and is seen in the background of Nathan Drake, Kratos, and Aloy
A Days Gone movie was reported on last year but there hasn't been an official confirmation from Sony or PlayStation Productions yet.

I can't lie a MediEvil movie from Sony Pictures Animation would be incredible
EDIT: Ben Mekler, a Hollywood writer, retweeted the post possibly implying his involvement in the MediEvil project?

EDIT 2: Another Hollywood writer, Chris Amick, also implies his involvement with the MediEvil project

The new PlayStation Productions video that they're talking about:

Cyborg

A bad movie could hurt the game (and its good name) just look at that awful Gran Turismo movie.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
While I'm more hyped for a possible game sequel (currently playing Days Gone and I find the game really damn cool and good), I would be down for a movie too, if they managed to portrait Deacon's personality exactly like in the game.

The moment they make him and most of the cast go woke route, forget it, it's gonna bomb hard.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Medievil could genuinely be great as a concept. Same vibes as the recent dungeons n dragons movie.

But it'd have to be stop motion.

Deft Beck

Of course...Sony can't be assed to make new games in old franchises more than once every five to ten years, so they make movies/TV shows instead.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
its going to be tom holland .........right neogaf ?

fdb305fa11ea6fe3c18b9930916a10ae.jpg

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Animated videogame media > Live action videogame media... unless it's ads. For some reason, live action videogame advertisements are usually fire.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
i think its true, tom holland could be deacon
Mark Wahlberg is Boozer and as a result they are changing the start of the story where Boozer now isn't there at the beginning but if he was he'd have stopped the virus spreading was he there.

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

Have to say, that Days Gone would make a great HBO show, but it conflicts with the Last of Us too much. Should have made Days Gone in the same universe.

Top Bottom