• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

It had great potential on paper. The gamepad could have functioned as the Alien Motion Scanner.

aliens_classicscenes4.jpg

We have ZombiU already.

Loxley

I would love it see the day where a developer just says "fuck it" and proudly announced their new game would not be coming to X platform.

dreamfall

Honestly they should force Gearbox's "A-team" or whatever they are to actually develop the game.

Hell, it may save some face regarding all these conflicting stories about terrible production.

OryoN

It's unfortunate that Wii U lost another game, but given the horrible reception the game received, it really makes little sense to continue. Based on the many impression out there, game would need a tremendous amount of overhauling. It makes no sense putting the developers through that development torture only to be eventually faced with the ole "polishing a turd" cliche, for their extra spent labor.

Sadly, this may be the best decision. The damage is already done. Those involve can move on, and hopefully learn some lessons from this.

antonz

This is all certainly putting Gearbox in very bad light. Probably had a bunch of revolving door interns working on the game while their A team milked funds for Borderlands 2.

Xater

Actually good news when it comes to this game. Hopefully it gets canned and less people can be suckered into buying it.

I would love it see the day where a developer just says "fuck it" and proudly announced their new game would not be coming to X platform.

Kenji Eno, after a fight with Sony about D (Sony had told him the manufactured 40,000 units but they only actually did 28,000), held a press conference in Japan where he announced all future support would go to the Saturn. The TV screen behind him showed a Playstation logo morphing in to a Saturn one and then Eno proceeded to stop on a Muumuu mascot doll for over a minute on stage.

kirby_fox

Banned
Not sure if I believe it or not. Unless the port is even worse and can't pass Nintendo's bug checks.

...wow that'd be pretty bad.

antitrop

Kenji Eno, after a fight with Sony about D (Sony had told him the manufactured 40,000 units but they only actually did 28,000), held a press conference in Japan where he announced all future support would go to the Saturn. The TV screen behind him showed a Playstation logo morphing in to a Saturn one and then Eno proceeded to stop on a Muumuu mascot doll for over a minute on stage.
If ever I needed a YouTube video.

Think they'll pull a NG3 on us? That's take many months though, and Demiurge isn't THAT great IIRC.

If they still release, and let's face it, no one would give a fuck if it wasn't after the way it turned out, but if it does come, a nice amount of reworking would be appreciated.

Or just use that money and time on BL2 for Wii U. But T2 won't want to allow it. :(

Man,

This is just ...catastrophic

And now we get to wait who knows how many years before we get another chance at the IP (and no, I don't want to play the damn 2010 AvP marine campaign, okay?)

This sucks

ElFly

So which should we expect?

Polished version released in a couple of months with more content and much better visuals + design?

Or no release?

And which is better??

It seems that the amount of polish ACM needs to be a good game is considerable.

As such, no release is the better option.

RobbieNick

Y'know what sucks. THEY WERE FINALLY RECOVERING FROM THIS!!

The last few years, they produced some quality games like Binary Domain, Sonic Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed. Sega put a ton of money into promoting this game including midnight launches at GameStop all while trusting Gearbox. They got screwed and now their reputation is shot again. As a Sega fan, this sucks.

jschreier

Maybe a mod should make the thread title less misleading? To clarify again, there's no confirmation of this. We heard it from a tipster, Sega denied it, and today Sega told me they're not commenting on anything.

Top Bottom