• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

tard-grumpy-cat-good-sad-13529885618.jpg
Honestly don't think either party would have benefited.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
To clarify again, there's no confirmation of this. We heard it from a tipster, Sega denied it, and today Sega told me they're not commenting on anything.

sounds like sega is pretty pissed off to be honest

Eusis

I see one of two possibilities:

1) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at Wii U software performance to not want to throw more money into it.

2) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at A:CM performance/quality to not want to throw more money into it.

(or both, really)
It's the former I'm worried about. The latter's not a big deal, it tends to happen with games that underperform and have platforms they have yet to hit (see: The Last Remnant, and that was more of an acquired taste/flawed gem than out and out bad) and it's not like it really matters to get this version, but bailing/delaying based on Wii U performance thus far would be worrying. A catch 22 all over again similar to the Wii, except not even close enough ports cut it.

Busty

Banned
I'd have thought that this thread would be crawling with Nintendo fans seeing as this is likely to be the first and only time a WiiU title will be cancelled and they can rejoice about it.

Discomurf

Maybe a mod should make the thread title less misleading? To clarify again, there's no confirmation of this. We heard it from a tipster, Sega denied it, and today Sega told me they're not commenting on anything.

Was about to change and it looks like a Mod already fixed it. Sorry if that brought you any headaches, I tried to keep the 'unconfirmed' pretty clear.

kinggroin

Banned
I'd have thought that this thread would be crawling with Nintendo fans seeing as this is likely to be the first and only time a WiiU title will be cancelled and they can rejoice about it.

Who's to say it isn't?

You HAVE seen the NPD/MC/PAL hardware numbers, no? :)

TheNatural

My Member!
Not that it turned out good or anything, but I'm sure this is yet another of many cancelled Wii U projects. Most probably canned before they even see the light of day as an announcement even.

It's the former I'm worried about. The latter's not a big deal, it tends to happen with games that underperform and have platforms they have yet to hit (see: The Last Remnant, and that was more of an acquired taste/flawed gem than out and out bad) and it's not like it really matters to get this version, but bailing/delaying based on Wii U performance thus far would be worrying. A catch 22 all over again similar to the Wii, except not even close enough ports cut it.

Also similar to the 3DS.

Dang0

It's funny what difference a few days make. A couple days ago I was going to get this on Wii U and this news would of pissed me off.

I do think this isn't great for ninty though.

JazzmanZ

So we're believing tipsters now?

I should send a tip to some gaming site and claim all 3rd party Wii U games have been post poned.

jschreier

So we're believing tipsters now?

I should send a tip to some gaming site and claim all 3rd party Wii U games have been post poned.

Yeah, I don't get it. I don't know why this warrants a NeoGAF thread, or why it's now on [that banned site about going to nintendo] and MyNintendoNews and wherever else. I didn't even explain who the tipster was or what they said.

There's a reason I didn't turn this into a Kotaku story.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yeah, I don't get it. I don't know why this warrants a NeoGAF thread, or why it's now on [that banned site about going to nintendo] and MyNintendoNews and wherever else. I didn't even explain who the tipster was or what they said.

But what does your heart tell you?

LiK

you love it

Top Bottom