• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag poster [Up2: First Screen, Cross-Gen, Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll make you a deal, Assassin's Creed series: when you start introducing older, bearded characters, and stop using late-20s / early-30s boys with trendy stubble, then I'll jump back in.

Pirate game with beardless pirate? No. No.

monome

Assassin with sword, guns etc... Ubisoft should just get PG* do the game. ;-)

also fuck sailing, and fuck the robe wearing indians and pirates.

I pray for the day, some coders mode the PC version of an AC game and give the sweetest protagonist of all : latex wearing, penis thrusting Love Assassin.

I'll make you a deal, Assassin's Creed series: when you start introducing older, bearded characters, and stop using late-20s / early-30s boys with trendy stubble, then I'll jump back in.

The leaked poster had a pirate with a big beard.

Revelations Ezio is the best Ezio. He's full beard man. And he have a scar. Can you imagine ? They make me say : wow he's basass looking and yet we know this little Italian boy since he's 17 and introduced sneaking in and out girl's room.

Edit : from the leaked poster it looks like the main character is blonde and have a beard

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The leaked poster had a pirate with a big beard.

Being killed by the young pirate.

Revelations Ezio is the best Ezio. He's full beard man. And he have a scar. Can you imagine ? They make me say : wow he's basass looking and yet we know this little Italian boy since he's 17 and introduced sneaking in and out girl's room.

Revelations made me like Ezio for that reason. Older, wiser dude with a bitchin beard and grey locks. Bears own. Gaming needs more beards.

rataven

I hope the seas are open-world and we can actually sail between locations. Stumble across remote islands, templar pirates, that sort of thing. There's a ton of potential here.

it's like I'm the only one who enjoyed AC3 and thought Connor was a great character, I am yet to finish AC3 so don't spoil anything for me, but Connor is a hell of a character, way better than Ezio and more related to in a sense.

Carbonox

it's like I'm the only one who enjoyed AC3 and thought Connor was a great character, I am yet to finish AC3 so don't spoil anything for me, but Connor is a hell of a character, way better than Ezio and more related to in a sense.

iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif

Hayden Christe...sorry Connor is average at best and quite annoying to boot. His saga isn't well implemented, especially when compared with Ezio's growth over 3 games from teenage to 40+ year old or however old he was. I'd probably rate Ezio as one of my favourite characters of this generation. I thoroughly enjoyed his journey, though Embers was a shitty way to kill him off.

Personally, I think Ezio wipes the floor with Connor but I digress.

PIRATES MAN.

I hope they bring back the frontier in some form. Not sure what the equivalent could be in the Caribbean but I really enjoyed the frontier in AC3. I guess a smaller and more busy version for AC4 would be best.

Wurst

I like that the new character is blonde.
Makes me hope that bland douche Desmond is finally out of this.. won't happen as Eward is the father of Haytham, though.

And here I was hoping Ubi would do a fresh start with the Next Gen. Maybe next year..

Hayden Christe...sorry Connor is average at best and quite annoying to boot. His saga isn't well implemented, especially when compared with Ezio's growth over 3 games from teenage to 40+ year old or however old he was. I'd probably rate Ezio as one of my favourite characters of this generation. I thoroughly enjoyed his journey, though Embers was a shitty way to kill him off.

Personally, I think Ezio wipes the floor with Connor but I digress.
I experienced Connor life from when he was just a kid like Ezio, Ezio didn't have anything special, Connor is different, he is fighting for his people, he got his morals, he is impulsive, he is trustful, he is human, Connor believed in freedom yet didn't like massacres, he tries to avoid unnecessary blood shed, he grew from a kid to a young capable man, I can't wait to see how his story ends.

Beside the way he fights, Ezio can't compare, heck his body is more like a SEALs build, he won't sweat while fighting Ezio, not to mention he got "Get Over Here" move as well.

PIRATES MAN.
I am more into Ninjas.

I hope they bring back the frontier in some form. Not sure what the equivalent could be in the Caribbean but I really enjoyed the frontier in AC3. I guess a smaller and more busy version for AC4 would be best.
I liked it too, but truth be told I want something like Masyaf, something huge to build on.

Carbonox

Shouldn't there be a new thread for the boxart or is everything being crammed in to here?

I experienced Connor life from when he was just a kid like Ezio, Ezio didn't have anything special, Connor is different, he is fighting for his people, he got his morals, he is impulsive, he is trustful, he is human, Connor believed in freedom yet didn't like massacres, he tries to avoid unnecessary blood shed, he grew from a kid to a young capable man, I can't wait to see how his story ends.

Beside the way he fights, Ezio can't compare, heck his body is more like a SEALs build, he won't sweat while fighting Ezio, not to mention he got "Get Over Here" move as well.

I am more into Ninjas.

I liked it too, but truth be told I want something like Masyaf, something huge to build on.

Bolded - I can't argue with that. Connor's brutal fighting style was SOOOO satisfying.

UrbanRats

Lol, Connor's morals were sketchy at best, also he doesn't fight for his people, he fights for whoever orders him around (basically the Patriots) and
is willing to kill his own childhood friend over it.
Really an unlikable idiot, which wouldn't be too bad, if he wasn't also so full of himself and insufferably self serious.
Ezio was a vengeance driven murderer, and his morals were also sketchy (not as, i'd argue) but at least he was more light hearted and entertaining.

Redhood

After that snoozefest that AC3 was color me cautious! The lingering question is will it contain desmond? Didn't Ubi said that AC3 was Desmond's last appearance?

Lol, Connor's morals were sketchy at best, also he doesn't fight for his people, he fights for whoever orders him around (basically the Patriots) and
is willing to kill his own childhood friend over it.
he actually fights for his people, what you mentioned was all to save his people,
think what would have happen if his friend/his people attacked the patriots, the patriots will have no reason not to massacre all his people, and a safe way out wouldn't be viable any more, also he supported the patriots cause they were fighting for freedom, which would bring his people also freedom, heck he even threatened Washington and killed the messengers with the attack order
, so no.

Really an unlikable idiot, which wouldn't be too bad, if he wasn't also so full of himself and insufferably self serious.
Ego, Impulsive, Strong belief, all Human Traits, I would take Connor any day than some kind of perfect inhuman character.

Ezio was a vengeance driven murderer, and his morals were also sketchy (not as, i'd argue) but at least he was more light hearted and entertaining.

well he was entertaining, especially in Revelation though that came from Yusuf the Assassin "Ezio Auditore de la la la"

UrbanRats

he actually fights for his people, what you mentioned was all to save his people,
think what would have happen if his friend/his people attacked the patriots, the patriots will have no reason not to massacre all his people, and a safe way out wouldn't be viable any more, also he supported the patriots cause they were fighting for freedom, which would bring his people also freedom, heck he even threatened Washington and killed the messengers with the attack order
, so no.
Yeah, he
threatened Washington, and that's all he ever does, talk a lot.
The way he
kills his friend is really forced, he could've avoided that situation in countless other ways, yet he apparently had to satisfy his weird blood thirst.
It's not a coincidence that
when a common burglar begs him for mercy, you only have the option to brutally kill him with a flourish kill.
Connor is
a psychopath that hides his urges behind some sort of vague "cause", and continues to suck it up to the Patriots even after they made it clear that they were about to kill "his people", he's the Patrick Bateman of old, with a strong cognitive dissonance.
Hell, he's even
willing to partner up with his daddy, to aid Washington, despite constantly going on about how his real objective is to kill the Templars, not to aid the Patriots..
guess not.

Ego, Impulsive, Strong belief, all Human Traits, I would take Connor any day than some kind of perfect inhuman character.
Also traits of an idiot.
And the way he acts self righteous is what pushed me over the edge with the guy.
He'll
brutally kill any minor criminal trespassing in his land, yet is quick to rebuke his father, when he doesn't show mercy for an enemy.
I don't find him human, i find him either inconsistently characterized, or a psychopath.

Typical videogame bullshit, sure, but on top of that he's dull as a brick and boring as a nun, with one of the worst voice actors i've heard in recent times.

Vasili2K38

Certainly AC3 is a polarising game, and in my case the biggest gripes are: lots of copy paste mechanics where this game should be a evolution (the notoriety system, the gagdets,etc..), the shitton of secundary shallow OCD tasks (the assassination contracts for example, what is this POS), and the terrible last sequences and ending, extremely rushed to the end. After finishing it I can't believe that this game is the main entry, developed after 3 years when we had Brotherhood which was so polished in all ways.. I think this game entered development hell in the gameplay aspect and was rushed without mercy to the release date. And don't get me started with the bugs..

But in other aspects the game is very decent. I'm surprised the majority of people here shits on Connor when he is a very interesting character, with some kind of realistic or different reactions to the chaos that surrounds him. It seems they want a fully epic cliche character like Ezio. And I'm not american and I find the setting and the lore of the America Revolution very interesting.

I'm kind of sad with AC series, because I like it a lot but after the mess of AC3 I'll be extremely cautious about getting the next game, and of course no way I'm buying it day one.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/5/6/0/1/9/4/AC4BF_PS3_UK_2D.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1[IMG]

60 Minutes exclusive gameplay on PS3

[url]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-28-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-confirmed-by-ubisoft-has-60-minutes-exclusive-gameplay-on-ps3[/url]
[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is getting sad. So it'll probably be a few exclusive side missions or some shit.

How in the hell can anyone like Conner?

He was a badly written and badly voiced character, hope for the love of god that he doesn't come back.

Yeah, he
threatened Washington, and that's all he ever does, talk a lot.
yup
he should have killed Washington and screwed the whole revolution and lost the freedom he is fighting for.

The way he
kills his friend is really forced, he could've avoided that situation in countless other ways, yet he apparently had to satisfy his weird blood thirst.
good luck with doing so
when your friend got a knife aimed at you and think you are a traitor

It's not a coincidence that
when a common burglar begs him for mercy, you only have the option to brutally kill him with a flourish kill.
I lost you here, not sure I came upon such a situation, or is this hypothetical speaking ?!

Connor is
a psychopath that hides his urges behind some sort of vague "cause", and continues to suck it up to the Patriots even after they made it clear that they were about to kill "his people", he's the Patrick Bateman of old, with a strong cognitive dissonance.
yeah right -sarcastic-
you really believe he should have screwed up the revolution and the patriots ?!, their case was similar to his own, again Freedom, I can't see how this is vague, he knew Washington was important, it is a necessary evil that he lives, cause he was the only way out of this war, without him things would have fallen apart, Connor knows that, that's why he is protecting both his people and George.

Hell, he's even
willing to partner up with his daddy, to aid Washington, despite constantly going on about how his real objective is to kill the Templars, not to aid the Patriots..
guess not.
Come on now,
like if you saw your father years later you won't run to his arms, helping Washington was the way to kill the Templars, again when his people were in danger he left Washington and ran to rescue them, trying his hardest to keep this delicate situation intact

Also traits of an idiot.
LOL couldn't be farthest from truth.

And the way he acts self righteous is what pushed me over the edge with the guy.
He'll
brutally kill any minor criminal trespassing in his land, yet is quick to rebuke his father, when he doesn't show mercy for an enemy.
There is a difference between a criminal and a soldier doing what he is ordered.
and before you counter that, sometimes killing soldiers was necessarily.

I don't find him human, i find him either inconsistently characterized, or a psychopath.
we will agree to disagree on this part then.

Typical videogame bullshit, sure, but on top of that he's dull as a brick and boring as a nun, with one of the worst voice actors i've heard in recent times.
again I feel the complete opposite.

BTW this is going great, it is either I was lucky or you are careful, you actually didn't spoil anything I didn't play yet :D, let's keep the last 2 or 3 sequences out, and I am good to go with any other examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom