• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Atlus to Localize Yakuza 5 in the West

Astarte

Even though I heard some pretty bad things about the plot, I want to visit the world of yakuza again!
Please atlus, let it happen!

jabuseika

I'm ready to return to kamurocho.

iB4Hq4EUrAPpP.gif

Had a blast with 1, currently playing 2 which is even better - 3 is good as well and 4+5 are knocking it out of the park according to several posters here

So yeah, this franchise is pretty great

Any videos that show how they play? Are they like brawlers with story elements?

Yaqoub

Love Atlus's localization team, I hope it's true. Already planning on dipping on the Japanese release but will definitely get the localized one if it's ever done.

I hope Ishin is on the agenda too.

Aru

Yakuza 3 was decent, I enjoyed it quite a bit. But I bought it for really cheap, so it might have helped. Haven't played Yakuza 4 but I would gladly buy a digital version on PSN. Or skip it and go straight to 5 if the rumor is true.

Aru

Atlus is now owned by Sega, so that means that Sega ends up localizing it after all. Well aint that a bitch.

Since Atlus localize almost every game they make/publish, they must have found a way for their localizations to be profitable. They could be better than SEGA at this, so maybe that's why.

DasFool

Any videos that show how they play? Are they like brawlers with story elements?

Think of the combat as a 3D Streets of Rage or Final Fight. You go around smacking dudes and build up a special meter that can unleash power moves. There are weapons strewn about that you can pick up and beat the shit outta your opponents with.

Outside of battles, they are action adventure games with a Tokyo setting. You can run around and explore the whole city district and find sidequests and food shops and other places/exhibits/etc. that add to the authenticity. It is an absolute blast to explore because there is some truly wacky shit in these games.

Endo Punk

Prefer Ishin instead but not that it matters because ATLUS doesn't localise for Europe. Maybe Bamco can lend us a hand..

Go_Ly_Dow

Since Atlus localize almost every game they make/publish, they must have found a way for their localizations to be profitable. They could be better than SEGA at this, so maybe that's why.

NA localisation only. With us Europeans importing.

Single market cost.

People saying EU won't get this because atlus remember Sega is the owner of the series thus they are the likely candidate for the EU publishing just atlus doing the localisation.

It's going to be a dub without a dual audio option.

Nobody is more tone-deaf about this than Atlus. They are like the Microsoft of JP game localization publishers.

watkinzez

I... I can't take this uncertainty. Is there a way to remove this rumour from my brain until it actually comes true or not?

Top Bottom