• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: BioWare Austin now EA Austin, Greg Leaves [Greg: I'm moving back BW Edmonton]

Nome

Mass Effect died when they took out the Mako as far as I'm concerned.

ME1: "Hey, we've got this great new concept. You'll be able to land on these planets, drive around, get out of the vehicle and take on missions. It will be awesome and immersive."

ME2: "Guys let's broaden the appeal here. Let's create more of a corridor shooter. People like shooting stuff right? Who cares about exploration and feeling like your in a real world. Let's blow off some heads, the kids will love it!"

Your loss.

Mass Effect died when they took out the Mako as far as I'm concerned.

ME1: "Hey, we've got this great new concept. You'll be able to land on these planets, drive around, get out of the vehicle and take on missions. It will be awesome and immersive."

ME2: "Guys let's broaden the appeal here. Let's create more of a corridor shooter. People like shooting stuff right? Who cares about exploration and feeling like your in a real world. Let's blow off some heads, the kids will love it!"

Feel the same way. The first Mass Effect was so good. The second one was good as well but not as good as the first. The third one was completely off the rails.

Their writers SUCK. Period.

Agreed.

I never purchased ME3 because the writing in the demo was barely above fan fiction level.

I have been saying this for years but not many people on GAF agree. KOTOR was the turning point, not Mass Effect 2 or Jade Empire or whatever.

I enjoyed KOTOR as well, but surely there's no denying that is was not even close to being as good as BG2?

As for me, yeah, count me in in the group of people who believe Baldur's Gate was a fluke.

GlassBox

Banned
The Doctors are sounding more and more like the Stamper brothers as time goes on. Their studio is also sounding more and more like Rare too.

And yeah, BioWare's writing is terrible fanfiction crap. I don't know why it gets so much praise. Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, there's nothing special in there at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Doctors are sounding more and more like the Stamper brothers as time goes on. Their studio is also sounding more and more like Rare too.

And yeah, BioWare's writing is terrible fanfiction crap. I don't know why it gets so much praise.
Bethesda games have no writing and people hate Obsidian. So they're the only ones left.

Ridesh

Banned
I'm genuinely sad about the BioWare situation.

Until ME2 (not without flaws, but my GOTY 2010 nonetheless) they were infallible to me, I used to think they wouldn't make a bad game even if they tried.

Then, DAII (just awful) and ME3 came out (not bad, just mediocre, I have a lot more problems with it besides the ending)...

Oh BioWare how the mighty have fallen. But in all honesty, I (and many others) saw this coming from the news of pre-release DA2.

Edit: Don't worry guys, we still have CD Projekt RED

Cystm

Agreed. Fire the bioware writers and that's a good start

image.php

"Every single game Bioware has put out hasn't been the greatest things in gaming!"

"This company is doooooomed!"

It's goes without saying:
  • DA2 was a bad game. Not just underwhelming, but a bad game.
  • ME3's ending was a huge let down. Established lore? Yeah, but: fucking robots, dude!.
  • TOR was released waaaaaaaaay too early.

Conversely:
  • ME 1 and 2 are fantastic games.
  • DA:O is one of the best Western RPG's of it's gen.
  • Despite it's initial problems TOR is a good MMO. Not the WoW killer eveyone apparently was expecting it was going to be, but still a good, solid gaming experience.

It's one thing to dislike the execution of a game(s) - that's fine, but you and some of the other posters just come off as irrational with your "Bioware is fucking done! Some games they have released are not amazing. FIRE ALL WRITERS!"

TheChaos

Their writers SUCK. Period
ME has pot holes everywhere.
KOTOR1 evil characters have cartoon quality dialogs.
Jade Empire story wasn't exciting.
DA had some nice lore but actuall story and dialogs... were terribad.

Everyone seems to forget Bioware did Sonic Chronicles. THAT was their worst game by far.

Top Bottom