• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

giphy.gif

RK128

"THE TEASES"

Or just don't post shit that has no validity.

I have no idea why you so consistently put yourself in situations in which people will clearly disagree with you, and then you act like they're all bullies for saying as much.

Will just remove this post too :l. Just get worked up over nothing sometimes. Again, sorry for the issues and carry own with the discussion everyone.

SNURB

Screw a possible licensing deal. Sony should buy the IP, or else.....Activision should keep the IP dead forever.

What I mean is IF Sony has the IP, they could possibly work something out with Activision to gauge more interest.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Nobody could be tone-deaf enough to actually go through with developing such an abomination, right?

Will just remove this post too :l. Just get worked up over nothing sometimes. Again, sorry for the issues and carry own with the discussion everyone.

don't delete the post, man. Just don't post stuff that you don't even believe. Why post something that you feel so unsure about that the moment anyone disagrees with you, you jettison the concept?

Sponge

Banned
Nobody could be tone-deaf enough to actually go through with developing such an abomination, right?

That's why this is likely just a way to promote a new Crash game coming to PS4. I doubt this is the only Crash thing happening.

RK128

don't delete the post, man. Just don't post stuff that you don't even believe. Why post something that you feel so unsure about that the moment anyone disagrees with you, you jettison the concept?

I believe in the post but others don't. Why keep something up when I'm clearly wrong?

I plan on just keeping my mouth shut on Gaf until E3 happens.

If a Crash game is real, Sony execs are reading this thread and laughing. If it's not, they're reading this and are like "oh shit, we thought this is what they wanted!!!"

KingBroly

Banned
If a Crash game is real, Sony execs are reading this thread and laughing. If it's not, they're reading this and are like "oh shit, we thought this is what they wanted!!!"

Activision doesn't have to sell the IP to them. Even if Sony wanted it, Activision could put a very high price on it.

kobu

I don't really care if crash gets a new game or not but him being in skylanders doesn't mean a new game from a sony studio isn't coming.

SOR5

I think Sonys been pretty spot-on with listening to people

Worst worst case scenario is that they heard the "Bring Back Crash" movement, Activision and Sony werent playing ball right, they had to settle for a Skylanders deal

Again, worst case scenario

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Makes sense. Crash shows up in the PS4-exclusive Skylanders bundle just like Bowser and DK showed up in the Wii/3DS & Wii U bundles last year.

I'm pretty sure I played the Spyro game which was kind of fun when I was a kid. or it could have been another GBA spyro game, I honestly don't remember

The isometric Spyro games on GBA were great. Just wasn't a fan of the side scrolling Crash one.

Honestly, as long as they don't bugger up his design, I'd welcome his return via Skylanders.

I believe in the post but others don't. Why keep something up when I'm clearly wrong?

I plan on just keeping my mouth shut on Gaf until E3 happens.

RK no offense you are a good guy. But NormalFish is right. No point in saying "I'm gonna leave" or "I'll shut up" after people disagree with you. Either be ready to counter-argue, or in case you truly believe in your post but you are wrong, try to understand the other person's view point without being apologetic about it. Keep your chin up man!

As for the thread itself, I have said it countless times but Crash is a product of its time. Even if they did bring it back, what are the chances that it'll be the game people want?

I think Sonys been pretty spot-on with listening to people

Worst worst case scenario is that they heard the "Bring Back Crash" movement, Activision and Sony werent playing ball right, they had to settle for a Skylanders deal

Again, worst case scenario

Guys...I'm joking!

Of course Sony execs are aware that there's a vocal fanbase of people who want a new game.

Azoo

Neo Member
I swear if this is what Crash comes to I will laugh myself into the grave over the amount of rapid-fire shitting this will make. lmao

I don't think it means a new Crash is out of the question though, considering saying "Crash pack" seems to imply it's a special edition containing the character kinda like how there was that Bowser/DK thing last year for the Wii U version.

SNURB

there is no evidence that Sony has the IP

That's why I put an emphasis on "IF". I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't own the IP but I find it hard to believe that this would be the only Crash thing happening with what has happened.

I just find it crazy the logic people have that this is what we would be getting. They did the same thing with Nintendo for DK and Bowser, what's stopping Crash from doing the same since this is supposedly a "PS4 Exclusive"? Think about it, it could very well be an ideal marketing tool to gauge interest in a Crash game.

Concept17

I'm not super interested in a new crash game, so I'd find this kind of hilarious. The games were kind of fun back in the day, but never really did it for me.

If there is a new crash game I'm mostly interested in how they modernize it.

I'm a little shocked to see people in this thread wanting this to be real just so they can watch other people be disappointed.

That's a brand of sociopathy I would expect to see on GameFaqs or 4chan, not here. :\

Yup, it's depressing. We dealt with this shit in the TLG threads all the time too.
I can't take this listing seriously let alone as the only Crash announcement after they've been teasing him since the PS4 reveal.

WHAT IF this is part of a licensing deal with Sony. Again, this would be great promo either way since it's a genuinely popular franchise. You'd be introducing a whole new young generation to Crash who would then very likely want to buy the new game. It's sort of like a different version of the
Uncharted 4 thing.

If you have a Crash game coming out sometime in 2017, it would make perfect sense to have something like Skylanders promoting it in October. It'd make perfect sense. Hell even in terms of business it diplomatically makes sense. As a sort of sendoff if you know what I mean.

People are probably gonna shit on it but it's likely to do very well

I could see that sequence but I think there's only way this makes sense after all the teasing and the Crash t-shirt buildup. Sony buys back the license but part of the agreement is that Activision gets to use Crash in the next Skylanders, while Sony brings out a new Crash a few months after it (both are announced together like the two Star Wars games from EA last year). They both benefit. And this would also be the only way that really accounts for why Crash in Skylanders would suddenly be exclusive even though his last games have all been multiplatform.

The only way this goes well PR wise though is if they get announced together.

I don't really care if crash gets a new game or not but him being in skylanders doesn't mean a new game from a sony studio isn't coming.

This is kinda what I think. I have no special connection with the franchise, though I would be happy to see what they could do with a revival. Him being in Skylanders doesn't mean Sony couldn't have made any kind of deal. Too many hints. I think it's still coming.

now this i can see happening. people are gonna be so riled up if its true, its gonna be a good laugh, but I'll feel bad for the people that actually wanted a real crash comeback

Top Bottom