• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

Drake gets passed over every time, but passed over for Damian? Again? Tis a cruel state.

I like Tim Drake (he WAS Robin when I started reading comics) but personality-wise he's too close to Dick Grayson. I think as the third of dozens of Robins, he's destined to be forgotten unfortunately, he doesn't really stand out. Dick was the first, Jason turned into Red Hood, Damian is Bruce's son and Carrie was in one the most celebrated comic ever. Tim... Well, he turned into Red Robin I guess.

giphy.gif

Damian Wayne done right has a lot of potential as a Batman character, especially if this continues the Arkham storyline they could do a lot of things here.
However a Batman with a day/night cycle with access to the batpod and an actually populated city is something I have been wanting.

aly

Damian would be a strange pick. Why not just Dick Batman with Damian ( which is where he was best) as Robin and Tim as Red Robin to help with missions. With cool Red Hood sections. WB pls stop pushing Damian in ways that make him seem terrible.

Drake gets passed over every time, but passed over for Damian? Again? Tis a cruel state.

Drake's the kid who managed to figure out Batman's identity and is well known for his intelligence. He's nowhere near as good a fighter as the other robins. Whereas Damian has been an assassin since he was born and he's fighting against his Al Ghul upbringing to get closer to his father that he idolises.

As much as I want it to be true,I don't think the character of Damian Wayne has the broad appeal to sell a multi-million video game.. Still sound very intresting as concept,especially if the setting is a near future gotham city.

PSFan

This makes no sense. Damian is kinda being moved away from Batman in the comics and is going to be on the Teen Titans come September when their Rebirth happens.

SJRB

Gold Member
Of all the options they go with fucking Damian?

Sheesh..

If they do an Arkham sequel/reboot, it should be Batwoman. I'd love that.

The biological son of Batman becoming the next Batman always seemed like a wasted opportunity. (I didn't like the episode of JLU).

Batman so they is absolutely no reason for any successor be related to him.

It would be so much better if one of his adopted sons took over the mantle.

Dick is the one who's meant for it. Why can't they just let him have it.

Batman Beyond game or riot!

I've only seen the cartoon movies with Damian Wayne but they're enough to make me hate the character. He's a piece of shit. Is he more likable In the comics?

I've only seen the cartoon movies with Damian Wayne but they're enough to make me hate the character. He's a piece of shit. Is he more likable In the comics?

Yes and no. He was supposed to be insufferable in his early appearances but he got a lot better over the years. And I also hate him in the cartoons btw. Anyone who has doubts about Damian should read Batman #666. It's him as Batman in a future hellish Gotham, it's pretty cool and could serve as a good base for a game.

Huh, Im ok with this. Damian is cool in my books. Guess he's there to look for his dad. Interested to see how Gotham will be now, especially with that nonsensical ending.

I'm fairly new to comics so I missed Damian's introduction into the world, and he barely exists in New 52 Batman(which I read), so I know very little about him. The few times he has cropped up in books I read though haven't made me a fan.

If you are going to do a Batman spin-off(which seems unlikely), make it Nightwing.

Off topic, but what are the chance of rocksteady unveiling their next project at e3? Been a whole year since AK's release but then again they aren't the biggest studio...

aly

Cartoon movie Damian is trash tier, but his stint as Robin to Dick's Batman was great and Robin: Son of Batman is pretty good too.

Squire

Banned
The biological son of Batman becoming the next Batman always seemed like a wasted opportunity. (I didn't like the episode of JLU).

Batman so they is absolutely no reason for any successor be related to him.

It would be so much better if one of his adopted sons took over the mantle.

Dick is the one who's meant for it. Why can't they just let him have it.

No one likes that episode of JLU, but it's not doing Damian due dilligence to put him in the same boat. His maternal family and their influence on him before he even meets Bruce is what sets him apart.

And as much as I might like Dick more, I do think Damian is more interesting. I don't really think a video game is going to understand why and take advantage of it, but picking Dick as a replacement protagonist is probably the safest, most boring thing they could do, to be blunt. At the very least, Damian is rather left-field.

His entire character is about atonement over the massive amount of murders he did when he was an assassin. That's why he's a vegetarian as well as keeping pets like Bat-cow.

His stint with Dick Grayson was one of the best runs as it showed Grayson as the big brother of the family and had some great moments. He's also shown great moments like giving Bruce Wayne a vacation while he takes over as Batman for a few nights and having a lot of father and son moments. His potrayals in the animation movies and cartoons so far has him in his beginning stage of being a huge dick to everyone but in the comics he's grown and matured a lot which is why his books get close to outselling Batman mainline books.

Squire

Banned
Given the premises of the new run of Teen Titans and Super Sons, seems like DC in general thinks early Damian is best Damian.

I like Tim Drake (he WAS Robin when I started reading comics) but personality-wise he's too close to Dick Grayson. I think as the third of dozens of Robins, he's destined to be forgotten unfortunately, he doesn't really stand out. Dick was the first, Jason turned into Red Hood, Damian is Bruce's son and Carrie was in one the most celebrated comic ever. Tim... Well, he turned into Red Robin I guess.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH SLANDER.

Tim Drake deserves the mantle after Dick.

PhantomDoor

Neo Member
If that's what they think Silver Age is, they're grossly mistaken.

I know, I just mean that those rumours turned out to be Arkham Origins and the silver age part was just wrong. The big element of the rumour was that it would be about Batman and the Joker's first encounter.

aly

Given the premises of the new run of Teen Titans and Super Sons, seems like DC in general thinks early Damian is best Damian.

While poor Tim Drake gets nothing. Loses his team and gets wiped out of existence for the new movies. DC pls.

While poor Tim Drake gets nothing. Loses his team and gets wiped out of existence for the new movies. DC pls.

Dude was never even Robin in the New 52 shit.

My boy gets shat on more than anybody. He was Robin for TWENTY YEARS. And now suddenly he's just nothing.

Hurts my soul.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH SLANDER.

Tim Drake deserves the mantle after Dick.

I agree with you ! But as you said, Grayson will always take precedence over Tim, they are too similar. We have to accept the fact that unless they completely reinvent him, Tim is probably going to fade into obscurity. I know it's hard, but we fans can hold hands through the power of the internet to cope with this tragedy.

I agree with you ! But as you said, Grayson will always take precedence over Tim, they are too similar. We have to accept the fact that unless they completely reinvent him, Tim is probably going to fade into obscurity. I know it's hard, but we fans can hold hands through the power of the internet to cope with this tragedy.

At least he gets Red Robin runs. ;-;

Tim never wanted it, which is why it must be him.

I really, really, really, really, really hope the Rebirth fukkery brings Tim back into at least having a role with the damn family.

He was Robin for TWENTY YEARS and can't even get on the damn Christmas Card list.

Sojgat

I really, really, really, really, really hope the Rebirth fukkery brings Tim back into at least having a role with the damn family.

He was Robin for TWENTY YEARS and can't even get on the damn Christmas Card list.

Doing it right would get me to start reading the Bat books again. New costume is promising.

I'm amazed people still seem excited at the idea of another batman game. I sometimes feel like I played a different Arkham Knight to everyone else. I won't be touching the series for a long time unless drastic changes are made. Which they won't be.

Doing it right would get me to start reading the Bat books again. New costume is promising.

Same. I really want to get into it but if it's just more New 52 with "but see we kinda acknowledge the old stuff a little now" I'm not back in.

If he gets brought back into the fold I'm in and will buy all the Bat books again.

I'm amazed people still seem excited at the idea of another batman game. I sometimes feel like I played a different Arkham Knight to everyone else. I won't be touching the series for a long time unless drastic changes are made. Which they won't be.

Changing Batman from Bruce Wayne to one of his wards would be a drastic change.

His wards are all unique, distinct characters who you can actually explore what and who they are when the cowl is off. You can't do that with Bruce, because for him, the cowl is never off.

Morrison understood this when writing DickBat, the best Batman run of the last decade BTW, that changing who's under the mask has a profound impact on what happens when he's wearing it.

brawly

I thought AK was weak. I feel like this will be by WB studios, who made my favorite Arkham game.

I thought AK was weak. I feel like this will be by WB studios, who made my favorite Arkham game.

Yep, despite its technical flaws, Arkham Origins is a fantastic and very underrated game, second only to Arkham Asylum imho. They nailed the one thing Rocksteady was never really good at : story. So a Batman game in a future setting by that team could be great. Origins' gameplay was also really solid (aside from the empty open world) and slightly more challenging than the other Arkham games.

Top Bottom