• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dragon’s Dogma 2 Reportedly Runs At 30FPS On PS5 & Xbox Series S|X

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-gifs-from-dragons-dogma-2s-steam-page-some-new-bits-v0-5wzm9n9z243c1.gif

As reported by PCFocus, a Japanese insider claims a 60FPS performance mode is not planned for Capcom’s upcoming RPG. This report does not seem hard to believe when looking at official information surrounding Dragon’s Dogma 2. For starters, the title is now two months away from launch. Typically, performance modes are confirmed for games several months in advance, but Capcom has been suspiciously quiet about its frame rate targets for consoles.

The game’s current system requirements on Steam also list 30FPS targets. Capcom asks for a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU to aim for 30FPS, which is roughly equivalent, if not better, than the CPUs found in the PS5 and Xbox Series S|X. Being an open-world title, Dragon’s Dogma 2 will stress the CPU more than Capcom’s linear games. As such, the current console CPUs might be incapable of reaching the 60FPS target in this massive and dynamic open world.

Source

If it’s a full-on ground-up next-gen game that truly pushes the boundary, I am fine with this. This is how it normally goes traditionally with big games on consoles that come mid-late cycle that take full advantage.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah of course.
No matter really. This really feels like Dead Rising animations which felt right at 30fps.
Heavy gameplay, heavy animations. Sure, whatever.
30fps is rarely if ever something to make me skip the game. I am not a fake gamer that is too proud because he discovered 60fps lol. I game for almost 30 years. Game is what matters.

That said - there is a pc version and rengine is great on pc. so I don't see a problem. I might even end up with pc version

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Before CP2077 came out we saw them cutting game features, odd stuff kept coming up, etc.

I get the same stink off this game. I don’t think it’ll be a banger on release l.

Perrott

Gold Member
If this is true it's an easy wait for deep sale. (Would reconsider if there's a decent 40fps mode)

Game doesn't look nearly good enough to justif not having a 60fps mode.
Well, it's an open-world with no loading, dynamic time of day and weather, several AI agents of all kinds, destructible environments and in which you can summon a fucking fire tornado or a rain of meteors anytime you want.

I can see that being taxing enough for a 60fps mode to be an immense challenge, to say the least.

Barakov

Gold Member
All this and at $70 as well. I was hyped when it was announced but this one seems like you might be better off waiting for a sale on it.

Lmao you guys can't be serious with these replies 😂 Are you one of those elitists who jerk of in front of a fps counter ?!
After Monster Hunter World and Exoprimal both having performance modes, this potential news is not only concerning but also raises a question based on how their other games have handled things.

The only thing I can think of that's buckling the performance is the inclusion of multiple physics systems interacting with each other. Throwing a barrel into dynamite which explodes a rock wall, causing a waterfall that blows over trees, grass, enemies, and building structures, is no small feat for a game that's also running at up to 4k on current gen graphics(for Capcom).

There's a good reason why games like The Finals, Teardown, Red Faction Guerilla, or Bad Company a few and far between and I think the devs behind this game are finding out why.

It never rendered an open world before DD 2, so I wouldnt be shocked if it were the first RE Engine game to run at 30

I'm fairly certain it wont have a performance mode. I've seen some huge frame drops below 30 in gameplay videos.

90% of the best games of all time played at 30. But of course we will see the usual drama queens here.
The drama queens are out because console players don't want games to go backwards after opening up the pandora's box known as 'performance mode'.

It's like giving a kid a shiny new christmas toy and then yanking it away from their hands.

MikeM

Yeah of course.
No matter really. This really feels like Dead Rising animations which felt right at 30fps.
Heavy gameplay, heavy animations. Sure, whatever.
30fps is rarely if ever something to make me skip the game. I am not a fake gamer that is too proud because he discovered 60fps lol. I game for almost 30 years. Game is what matters.

That said - there is a pc version and rengine is great on pc. so I don't see a problem. I might even end up with pc version
I knew you’d be here lol

Auto PC buy. 30fps can go back to the 1980’s.

Top Bottom