• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor][Fat grain of salt] Head on the Block: Persona 6 is 95% complete, releasing next year with 2-3 years DLCs support planned

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Atlus needs to get past the high-school stage by now in my opinion, and also evolve their core and side gameplay.

I'm way more pumped for Metaphor: Refantazio than Persona.

Also, personally, Infinite Wealth surpasses Persona 5 in pretty much everything.

Last edited:

Ferdimage

Atlus needs to get past the high-school stage by now in my opinion, and also evolve their core and side gameplay.

I'm way more pumped for Metaphor: Refantazio than Persona.

Exactly this!
Just finished P3 Reload 2 weeks ago and man it was exhausting, cant wait for Metaphor: Refantazio's take on the social links.

Kurotri

As OP says, take it with a grain of salt, but you'd be better off not even entertaining this guy but whatever. The only thing that's definitely true is that it has a high-school setting again. To be honest, I thought that Persona 5 perfected it. It really delivered, atleast to me personally, that fantasy of being a high schooler in Tokyo. Shit was cash. I would've really hoped that they'd move away from that and do something drastically different though. In theory Persona is a series that could be about anything, but it seems we are stuck with high schoolers forever. It's why I appreciated Yakuza 7 so much, not only did they change things up by moving away from the brawler style by turning into an RPG, but they also gave us an adult cast. A JRPG with 40+ year olds struggling with life and going from rags to riches, signifying that you should never give up on yourself. I loved it.

It's also one of the primary reasons why I'm frothing at the mouth for Metaphor Refantazio. It being a project by the big 3 (Katsura Hashino, Shigenori Soejima, Shoji Meguro) is already more than enough reason for me to get hyped, but the very concept and vision they have for it, including it being a fantasy RPG (and the MC even talks! voiced by Natsuki Hanae) is what makes it my most anticipated game of the year by a mile.

You have to take into account that a numbered entry comes around like once in a decade too. If you go way back, you'll find out that Persona 5's early concept was about a globe trotting adventure with the central theme being finding out who you are. They gave us a roadtrip adventure with Persona 5 Strikers which I really liked, but I feel like that concept should've been brought back for Persona 6.

Reactions: Isa

cireza

I am completely burnt on their formula and can't stand playing Persona anymore.

Thankfully SMT V is coming to all platforms.

Krieger

Can't wait to go from "social outcast forced to relocate" to "let's kill god with the power of friendship and anime" for the 6th time.
I just wish they would change the high school setting.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

They woulda been teasing it by now if so

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sounds very implausible to me, if the game was 95% complete, we'd at least have an announcement by now.

And, no, Sega wouldn't be the kind to go 'we don't want to distract from Persona 3 Reload', they released 2 full length JRPG's within a week of each other.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Sounds very implausible to me, if the game was 95% complete, we'd at least have an announcement by now.

And, no, Sega wouldn't be the kind to go 'we don't want to distract from Persona 3 Reload', they released 2 full length JRPG's within a week of each other.
Well they do have Medieval Persona coming later this year as well. It would make sense to have big P6 announcement once that releases.

And Unicorn Overlord release date was absolutely ridiculous. Too many other games are coming shortly or out has been released.

Vyse

Gold Member
That would be super cool. One of my newer favorite series and P5 was one of my most played games last year.

Bkdk

Probably teaser trailer at the ending of metaphor: rafantazio then. Atlus SMT series dev related games total game time is gonna be glorious : Persona 3 reload+episode aigis + SMT5 V+ metaphor refantazio + persona 6 and 2 dlcs, at least 300 hours of game time in total plus 100+ waifu human girl + demon girl character to jerk off to, holy shit, I'll be so drained. Also ALL OF THEM HAVE PC VERSION DAY 1! this is so awesome.

Probably teaser trailer at the ending of metaphor: rafantazio then. Atlus SMT series dev related games total game time is gonna be glorious : Persona 3 reload+episode aigis + SMT5 V+ metaphor refantazio + persona 6 and 2 dlcs, at least 300 hours of game time in total plus 100+ waifu human girl + demon girl character to jerk off to, holy shit, I'll be so drained. Also ALL OF THEM HAVE PC VERSION DAY 1! this is so awesome.
Speaking of SMT V Vengeance, I can't wait to recruit these new demons. 😜

oT4wLj1.gif

SMT-V-3.gif

Gk4LHB5.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
95% complete means we should be getting an announcement soon right
Not always, some companies do occasionally sit on finished titles to release them at advantageous times. Nintendo sat on Prime remastered for literal years.

But it would be a pretty unusual move from a third party. I don't see any reason to believe this.

Top Bottom