• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be announced this year at the PS Showcase in June/May

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Assuming you're still rolling as Jin I wonder which ending they'll go with as canon?

I always figured you'd be playing as someone new and it wouldn't even be called Ghost of Tsushima 2, but more like Ghost of _______ <- pick a new old area of Japan

Would make sense it's at their next showcase whenever that is. Always figured Sony wouldn't show off this game until Rise of the Ronin released. The settings are pretty redundant in those games. Regardless, I'm day zero for GoT 2. The first one was soooooo good.

Bartski

Gold Member
Video Games Dancing GIF by PlayStation

Crazy to me that a sequel now takes 4 years just to get an announcement. I thought GOW Ragnorak taking 4.5 to release was bad. This is just nuts.

Sony should be investing more into their studios giving them more bodies instead of laying off thousands.

It’s probably coming out around a year after it’s announced

3liteDragon

If we’re getting a PC port announcement for GoT this week then we’re getting a GoT 2 PS5 announcement this summer as well, FINALLY.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So if we hear about a GoT PC game tomorrow, then this rumor might as well be a fact!
I am very interested to see if his timing is correct

I don't start many thread from that rumor Reddit but this one I have heard as well even as early as November (ish) but wasn't given timing so I believe its coming.

[Sigma]

That would be great to see. Ghost of Tsushima was my favorite PlayStation 1st party studio game last gen.

Xtib81

Assuming you're still rolling as Jin I wonder which ending they'll go with as canon?

I always figured you'd be playing as someone new and it wouldn't even be called Ghost of Tsushima 2, but more like Ghost of _______ <- pick a new old area of Japan
They could honestly develop the concept à la Assassin's Creed and introduce new eras/countries once they're done with Jin and Japan.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Not sure why people bring this up after they said the following less than two years ago...

“As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio,” the blog post reads. “With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit Infamous or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now, there are no Infamous or Sly Cooper games in development.”

I'm all for new IPs, but GoT was released in 2020 and needs more time to air out. Studios now, as soon as they have a hit with a new IP, milk it until they exhaust and beat it to death.

Beechos

Ehh who cares if show it, we all know it's coming. We also all know nothing will come out this year and 2025 is no guarantee.

Mr.Phoenix

Ghosts of Tsushima felt like an outdated PS3 game in design when it launched.

They have to step it up BIG TIME to compete with the heavy hitters in Sonys first party.

Hopefully they took the training wheels off and this is an Uncharted 2 level improvement
Wtaf...

EDMIX

lolz.....yea thats not going to happen, but I can't wait for its reveal.

(highly doubt that is happening this year)

Valedix

I hope Sucker Punch learnt from the criticism regarding side quests and dialogue cut-scenes, can't wait.

jm89

I liked the base game, but coming back when playing iki island DLC it just felt meh.

I really want them to make the map smaller and make the areas more dense with story and characters.

Maybe if the game was in the mainland we could have more dense towns.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ghost of Tsushima did very well and a sequel was an easy decision and it’s not expected to be on Xbox Game Pass and will organically arrive on PC most people view samurai and historic Japanese lore in a highly elevated position.

Video Games Dancing GIF by PlayStation

ProtoByte

Ghosts of Tsushima felt like an outdated PS3 game in design when it launched.

They have to step it up BIG TIME to compete with the heavy hitters in Sonys first party.

Hopefully they took the training wheels off and this is an Uncharted 2 level improvement
For me, this thing is gonna have to look halfway to a new IP. They need to severely increase the environmental interaction, NPC counts, game systems and redo the entire stealth suite and design philosophy for it to be worthwhile.

Top Bottom