• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Haagen Daasz : The Last Guardian is not planned for PS4

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

egUwx5Q.gif

you know something dont you? lol

androvsky

I think Archive.org's date just means the page hadn't been taken down by March 15, not necessarily that it went up at that time. I don't know how often SCEJ updates their recruitment site.

Best tech demo of all time.

I wwant the game to come out but at the same time I don't. The threads on gaf make it so awesome.

ViciousDS

Banned
there is no chance for it PS3.

the only reason they would want someone possibly experienced in cell is to possibly convert the engine over to x86

KoopaTheCasual

1. The Last Guardian doesn't actually exist. I don't know why Sony keeps saying it's not dead
2. If it DID exist, which it doesn't, there is no way it is not coming out on PS4. I could see a scenario where it comes out as a Cross-gen game on both PS3 and PS4 however.
Why in the world would they keep fighting to renew a copyright for a dead project, and have the head of the worldwide studios and creative director confirm the game is being developed?

To 'trick' kids on a forum?

MUnited83

For you.
So, I was getting hyped for E3 2015 where a potential re-reveal of TRICO might happen.

Some random surfing at work later, I stumbled upon a 2015 recruit page for Project Trico on Sony Japan's career page:

http://www.scei.co.jp/saiyo/career/toriko.html

What's to notice:

The interesting part: the programmers they're looking for must be experienced in C and assembler.
Topics you have to be well-versed in if you want to harness the CELL's SPUs and PPU. No mention of OO or C++.
They're not saying if it's x86 or PowerPC either.

I'm guessing if development started after SoTC, the codebase must be a "legacy" abomination.

Archive.org shows this page dates from March 2015:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.scei.co.jp/saiyo/career/toriko.html

Sorry for the crushed dreams.

EDIT:

Obviously OT isn't being read, so .

TL;DR As of March 2015, Sony Japan is recruiting people to complete The Last Guardian on PS3

Nope. The only possibility here is that they are recruiting people to help port the game.

usp84

So another E3 or Gamescom or another gaming conference will come and all Sony will have to say is "the game is still in development, we are not ready yet" bla bla bla etc etc etc.

The question is how long can they keep saying that?

Arkeband

Banned
I will never understand why people even want this game... we have basically nothing in the way of gameplay, so is it just a hunger for additional lore to fill out the Ico/SOTC universe?

I'm expecting a freely navigable dungeon where puzzles can be solved with your chimera-thing, and then at the end it dies and we're supposed to bawl our eyes out.

Top Bottom