• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Hitman HD Trilogy for PS3

diffusionx

Gold Member
Every modern PC should be able to play the original games in 1080p without any trouble, even Blood Money. I really like HD-collections of games like Ico & Shadow of the Colossus and God of War, but paying 40 bucks for this is a bit stupid if you ask me when the same bundle is like 5 on the PC. And I'm not even talking about the Steam-version when it's on sale.

Gamersgate was selling Hitman collection this weekend for $6.25.

Gacha-pin

Every modern PC should be able to play the original games in 1080p without any trouble, even Blood Money. I really like HD-collections of games like Ico & Shadow of the Colossus and God of War, but paying 40 bucks for this is a bit stupid if you ask me when the same bundle is like 5 on the PC. And I'm not even talking about the Steam-version when it's on sale.

But let's wait and see if this is any good, maybe they'll change some things for the better. Not really expecting it to be more than a cash-in for Absolution though.
Maybe, it's good for achievement whore? Also, some old games aren't friendly to 16:10 screen.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Listing and image spotted on the banned site. They have it down for 15th October 2012

4LkoT.jpg

Oh shit this collection is also for Xbox 360?! I gotta get this only for Blood Money which is kinda hard to find nowadays.

dummydecoy

No buy without the first game. Why release a collection without the thing that started it all. Same stupid shit with that MGS collection.

Oh Lord; someones nostalgia of Hitman 2 is going to be destroyed. The soundtrack is still phenomenal of course, but unless they re-work some mechanics and A.I. Ohhh boy...

I still wrestle which is better between Blood Money or Contracts.

EDIT: I am idiot. They are adding contracts. LOL

Is there a reason ShopTo are banned? I've only ever bought one game from there (Gravity Rush) and everything was okay.

They were hacked a few years ago and credit card details got leaked. I believe the site's under completely different management now though and I personally can't fault them at all in the years I've been using them.

KAL2006

Banned
These collections need to come to Vita. Oddworld, ZOE and MGS HD Collection are the only ones to get Vita ports.

Perkel

Banned
Oh Lord; someones nostalgia of Hitman 2 is going to be destroyed. The soundtrack is still phenomenal of course, but unless they re-work some mechanics and A.I. Ohhh boy...

I still wrestle which is better between Blood Money or Contracts.

it's easy: Hitman 2 - Silent Assasin.

Sure newer hitmans are better in some ways but only 2 had atmoshere, your shack of guns, tomato intro and best main theme.

It was such a good sequel after codename 47.

Yeah todays it can be a little janky but fuck I still remember that tomato intro it was one of the moments when i thought of how far we have gone in graphic and presentation.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'd buy for Blood Money, enjoy having an hd copy of hitman 2, wonder if I should give Contracts a shot.

Personally I thought the missions and the atmosphere and story in the second game were better, and then there is Blood Money. Contracts is forgettable in my opinion.

Double D

Really hoping to have the ability to get all achievements again in Blood Money. I'm running out of reasons to replay that game.

Which console hd collection ever included pc only game?

Don't see any reason against it.

Ubisoft used the PC versions of SC for their SC trilogy. It's not like players will see Codename 47 in this collection and go "Oh, that was PC only!? Screw that, not playing it."

Contracts has many outstanding missions. The Meat Kings Party is an absolute playground. There are so many ways to assassinate here, as mentioned before the Manor, Wang Fou Incident. So many of the levels were so well designed, with so many optional choices. I'm convinced if Contracts had came out on the update engine it would easily surpass Blood Money, and the soundtrack in Contracts, so grimey. Kyd was in full dark mode with this one. Although of course Hitman 2 overall has the better score.

Derrick01

Banned
How was the console versions of the other games? I played blood money on 360 when it came out and as far as I can remember it was mostly the same game as PC. But the other games are a bit more complex and tougher, at least on PC.

If there's no dumbing down at all then I'll probably pick the ps3 version up just to trophy whore it. I already have them all on steam.

GrayFoxPL

Don't see any reason against it?

Ubisoft used the PC versions of SC for their SC trilogy. It's not like players will see Codename 47 in this collection and go "Oh, that was PC only!? Screw that, not playing it."

3 SC games were on ps2, published and all, Hitman 1 would have to be treated like a knew game from sony's perspective. Besides these could be based on ps2 port code.

How was the console versions of the other games? I played blood money on 360 when it came out and as far as I can remember it was mostly the same game as PC. But the other games are a bit more complex and tougher, at least on PC.

If there's no dumbing down at all then I'll probably pick the ps3 version up just to trophy whore it. I already have them all on steam.

Dumbing down? How would they do that? They're the same games, just upscaled...

Derrick01

Banned
Dumbing down? How would they do that? They're the same games, just upscaled...

I mean when they originally came out did they get console ports? I don't remember.

And if they did were they changed/dumbed down at all. For example Deus Ex 1 on PS2 is dumbed down and changed around a bit, partly because of console audience and partly because of the ps2's weaker power. Like if they made a Deus Ex HD collection now I wouldn't want them to use the ps2 versions as the ones in the HD remake box.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So was Tomb Raider Underworld, and that still showed up in the TR HD Trilogy. (Then again, it was either that or Angel of Darkness)
Honestly, I would have preferred a proper shot at Angel of Darkness. I actually quite enjoyed what they made, but it was full of problems and generally unfinished. With some spit and polish it could have been worth revisiting.

I mean when they originally came out did they get console ports? I don't remember.

And if they did were they changed/dumbed down at all. For example Deus Ex 1 on PS2 is dumbed down and changed around a bit, partly because of console audience and partly because of the ps2's weaker power. Like if they made a Deus Ex HD collection now I wouldn't want them to use the ps2 versions as the ones in the HD remake box.

I had the Xbox versions, I don't think they were dumbed down in any way. They weren't very demanding games.

RedSwirl

I played Blood Money on the PS2 and as far as I could tell nothing was compromised in that version. Very little was compromised in terms of graphics.

Game Guru

Don't see any reason against it.

Wasn't Contracts a remake of Codename 47 that put the events of the first game in line with the others? If one had to be skipped, Codename 47 is the one that probably could be skipped.

Jawmuncher

This is published by Square-Enix.

You know, the company that announced Final Fantasy X HD.

Just sayin'

Still wondering what the hell happened to that game.
Was looking forward to playing it again on vita.

But anyway i'm interested in a Hitman Collection.
Since I've been wanting to play the games. Though IMO it would be smart to release this before the new one comes out. Which if they are still sitting on info seems unlikely.

WX3

I only have been able to play through Blood Money on 360. I do own the first three titles on the PC via Steam, but never have even installed the first two. I'd be more likely to experience these games on the console if this collection does surface.

Top Bottom