• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kid Icarus IP is the TBA Secret Retro Studios game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

Bullshit. Retro Studios rumors are never, ever accurate. The only one that counts is when IGN leaked DKCR like the day before it was announced at E3 2010.

I imagine it'll get revealed the same time as or very shortly after the NX.

Davey Cakes

A Retro Studios Kid Icarus wouldn't be as good as Uprising.
Unless it was a different kind of game entirely.

I'm not really excited for more Kid Icarus games. Just not a franchise I care for, even though I heard Uprising was great (but divisive).

That said, if it was a 3D adventure game as opposed to a shooter, I'd certainly be intrigued. I want Retro to make a game with a large, detailed world. The direction of Metroid Prime without being a Metroid game, that is. Again, I'd be meh on Kid Icarus but some other crazy franchise revival like Star Tropics (I know it's highly unlikely) would be awesome to see.

gafneo

Banned
2 reasons why this is fake.
Last time Nintendo least out KI, it went through dev hell and made a partner go bankrupt.
Sakaruri just resurrected KI with his own studio. Why go through all the trouble to hand it off to 2nd party?

I won't believe until I see it, but after Uprising I'm in for a sequel. It's going to be hard to top that, even though Retro NEVER disappoints.

FelipeMGM

lol at all the info about the project he has ATM

Cpg66qwXEAATh85.jpg:large

Bitanator

This is the supposed source of the AMD NX console right? Anything that comes out of HappyNintendoFans mouth should be taken as likely as the new Vita

ChaosXVI

Last time Nintendo least out KI, it went through dev hell and made a partner go bankrupt.
Sakaruri just resurrected KI with his own studio. Why go through all the trouble to hand it off to 2nd party?

Retro is 100% owned by Nintendo, they are as much an internal studio as EAD. (Now EPD)

WarioWare IP is the TBA Secret Retro Studios game guys.

Trust me, I have my verification report ready

My dad's, uncle's, nieces, grandma's, dad worked at Nintendo.

Shh, don't tell Nintendo I told you this, he might get fired.

Retro is first party. And Sakurai said he didn't want to make a sequel, so they would need to get another developer to make it. That being said, this isn't coming from a reliable source, and rumors regarding Retro's projects have almost always been wrong.

For the record Uprising sold about 1.3 million last time I checked. Not super amazing but not a "flop".

Ultimately Nintendo doesn't really seem to care about KI as a series though. The fact that there was a 25 year gap between Of Myths & Monsters and Uprising is kinda a testament to that. Sakurai seems to be the only guy associated with Nintendo who cares about it, and now that he doesn't want to do a sequel, well....

People say "Well, obviously Nintendo cares about it because Dark Pit and Palutena are in Smash!". Once again, that's Sakurai's doing lol

We've already had a brilliant team revitalise Kid Icarus, Retro's time and talent is better applied elsewhere.

Let a lesser studio carry on from Sakurai's template while Retro blow our minds with something else. Hopefully a new IP.

Forkball

I've also got leaks. Launch titles:

Famicom Detective Club NX (Suda 51)
Ice Climbers: Deadly Ascents (EPD)
Kid Icarus Returns: Heaven Freezes Over (Retro)
Paper Mario X Metal Sonic (Platinum Games)

Can't somebody ask Emily? Didn't she say yesterday Retro is working on a new IP? Unless she meant new IP as in not DK or Metroid.

I've also got leaks. Launch titles:

Famicom Detective Club NX (Suda 51)
Ice Climbers: Deadly Ascents (EPD)
Kid Icarus Returns: Heaven Freezes Over (Retro)
Paper Mario X Metal Sonic (Platinum Games)

Did you prepare a report for verification?

Can't somebody ask Emily? Didn't she say yesterday Retro is working on a new IP? Unless she meant new IP as in not DK or Metroid.

She said it's not DK or Metroid, though not necessarily a new IP; but why even bother asking when this is soooo blatantly fake. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just piggybacking off her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom