• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor:Largest German electronic retailer suggests GTAV is coming to PS4/X1/PC in June

jbw

Banned
A tired series, but the release is inevitable.

The real question is, will Rockstar have the balls to actually grow GTA? Or will they continue with the same safe and formulaic fodder they've been releasing the past decade or so?

Prologue

Both TLOU and TR took about a year for a next gen port to be made. I don't think a port will be announced until payed DLC has some time to settle so people can double dip.

Whats up with all these foreign leaks anyway?

EvB

There is DLC on it's way, I wonder if they will bundle it all together with these versions or launch it separately

The real question is, will Rockstar have the balls to actually grow GTA? Or will they continue with the same safe and formulaic fodder they've been releasing the past decade or so?

GTA 5 was a huge expansion on the GTA formula. I have no idea what you would consider "growing" because the changes from GTA 4 to 5 are huge. Virtually all the mechanics were overhauled, the story took a 3 person perspective approach which worked wonderfully and the series had it's first REAL multiplayer which despite being rocky at the start is incredibly solid if a little lacking in features which are coming.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I still can't believe this hasn't been announced yet. Even crazier, it seems as if it'll be Rockstar's only game this year.

El_Chino

I'd say GTA has changed A LOT since GTA III.

What I mean is we have heard this leak and many others from Germany. What secret channel are they using!?!

Isn't it something that happens quite often? Some employee of some retailer, leaks whatever info they get about a game? I don't see how these (German) leaks are anything special.

So, Google Now shows me recommendations on this topic every day because I searched for GTAV so much last year...

Basically, every day, some international gaming outlet/retailer/something posts something about GTAV's PC or X1/PS4 release date. The rumors have led to nothing for ~9 months.
I still consider this nothing. Retailers don't have any real information about this. If it ever gets released on the nextgen, it will be broken by Rockstar.. not the assistant manager of a German gamestop.

what, GTA is tired? it's not even a bi-yearly series lol. we get 2-3 entries in a decade, and they often change a lot of stuff (consider how different GTAIV was to San Andreas). i think it's one of the least tired series there are.

Fjordson

Ehh. Still hard for me to put too much into these statements. Do think we'll see it before the end of the year, but any news will probably come from R* first.

So much wrong in this post it hurts.

Shiggy

I wonder why they didn't stop him with this. He obviously doesn't know anything and references other rumours. I guess MediaSaturn is happy about all publicity they can get.

It would be surprising if the game was coming in June. Recent rumblings rather point to September or later.

ekim

http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumor-gta-v-hit-ps4-xbox-one-pc-june/76030.html

GTA-V-PS4-Xbox-One.png

In the past, Altex’s leaked listings have proven to be correct, with the most recent being the Jackdaw Edition of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag that was shown before Ubisoft publicly revealed it.

15.06.2015 -.-

My mind hurts reading this.

Phinor

3 months sooner! :p (I doubt the dates are correct.)

Often the easiest way to check if they are completely placeholder dates is to just check the calendar. 15th of June happens to be a Monday in 2015, games are never released on Monday in Europe. 15th of March happens to be a Sunday, same deal.

So this Romanian store has no info at all. They are just taking pre-orders hoping Rockstar releases something in the near future. Same with every GTA 5 release date leak so far.

Top Bottom