• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.
This might kill the competitive scene lol. Hard to imagine the pros playing traditional cod after years of fast paced action. Asa viewer I will have an adjustment period.

Shrugs* I might have to pass on the game if that happens. Currently the game is a buy for me if the rumor is true. But the oddball camos will kill the game for me.

Considering they've begun to add them to the CoD4 remaster, I fully expect day one crates with exclusive allied/nazi cammos

Daffy Duck

This might kill the competitive scene lol. Hard to imagine the pros playing traditional cod after years of fast paced action. Asa viewer I will have an adjustment period.

The professional scene in CoD is a fucking joke.

This whole ban protect system bullshit, and loot crates etc.

It's not remotely the same game, if they were serious about it they would go the CS:GO route and not add weapon variants or shit locked behind crates in the first place and go only cosmetic.

But that's not going to happen.

It's pretty much pay2win since Advanced Warfare putting new and better guns behind the Supply Drops.

Paying doesn't secure you any of those guns. You get the same supply drops you get through playing the game normally.

Pay2win implies spending money to get shit you can't get without spending cash IMO.

It's pretty much pay2win since Advanced Warfare putting new and better guns behind the Supply Drops.

Theres only 2 viable guns in AW, and they are unlocked within the first 10 levels. BAL and ASM1 is all you need. Rest of the guns, including MT guns are straight trash. Same for any CoD with MT/DLC guns.

NHale

Pros are playing Infinite Warfare despite absolutely hating playing the game for the most part. Some of the most known players even hoped that Black Ops III would continue to be the game for COD competitive this year (like Activision that owns MLG would allow that to happen).

Also most of them play COD since before AW, so it would not be a issue. It might change the competitive landscape though.

Paying doesn't secure you any of those guns. You get the same supply drops you get through playing the game normally.

Pay2win implies spending money to get shit you can't get without spending cash IMO.
Unless Activision publishes the exact odds for Supply Drops it appears, anecdotally, that paying for Supply Drops has a higher chance of dropping new weapons than earning Supply Drops through gameplay. That's pay2win.

Lom1lo

I hope this is true, loved waw.

Regarding the poll, I dont get the Thor 2 joke but somehow Im disappointed if it isnt an option in polls :D

Unless Activision publishes the exact odds for Supply Drops it appears, anecdotally, that paying for Supply Drops has a higher chance of dropping new weapons than earning Supply Drops through gameplay. That's pay2win.

The supply drops you purchase with COD points are the exact same supply drops you purchase with in game currency. I've seen youtube videos of people spending $100 on supply drops and not recieving a single gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTOHv7X5Qkc

It's all bullshit RNG.. but it's not Pay2win

fsdweu0n.png

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/846400151157657601

Yay! Bless you Shinobi!

Wedzi

Banned
I really enjoyed Advance Warfare and a modern CoD going back to WWII is super intriguing for me. But holy hell if they put weapons behind supply drops again there's no way I'm buying this game new or close to full price. My guess is they'll pull a Modern Warfare Remastered and add them down the line if that shit isn't in there for launch.

Sledgehammer going historical doesn't make sense when their previous COD was actually pretty good, MUCH better than Black Ops 3

Acitivion is forcing the wrong developer to leave the future time period

Wedzi

Banned
The supply drops you purchase with COD points are the exact same supply drops you purchase with in game currency. I've seen youtube videos of people spending $100 on supply drops and not recieving a single gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTOHv7X5Qkc

It's all bullshit RNG.. but it's not Pay2win

They need to have a crafting system (sort of like Gears 4 or Battlefield 1) so I can destroy all the cosmetic shit and let me just build the guns.

tr00per

My favorite was CoD 2. I'll keep an eye out but I don't have high hopes. I second the choice of special ops over zombies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whoa, a Call of Duty set in World War II. Now that's something I'd like to see. Wonder why they've never done this before
There are kids somewhere saying this unironically

World at War was my favorite CoD ever. I'm interested. Although World War 2 as a title? Really? They couldn't come up with nothing better?
I'm sure the graphics and gameplay will be really good, I'm ready to dive back in WW2 era again, its been a long time

xRaizen

Yeah no that isn't pay2win. Even if the supply drop purchased with real money gave better drops, nothing is actually overpowered to the point where it's the best weapon in the game. AW got pretty close to that with the Obsidian Steed and the Speakeasy, but BO3, IW, and MWR have no such weapons. BO3's flavor of the month weapons were ALL base game weapons (Vesper, Kuda, VMP, Man-O-War, M8.. etc) IW is the same way even with weapon variants in the mix. None of the variants give you much of an advantage, and epic variants change the playstyles of the weapons sometimes drastically by modifying how they're used. And IW lets you save up to craft what you want. MWR is like BO3, the supply drop weapons don't give you much if any advantage. The M16 is still the top tier weapon, and that's unlocked from level 1.

So no, CoD isn't pay2win. I personally have been able to get some of the supply drop exclusive weapons in BO3 and found them to be either trash or just outclassed by something else. Some are fun to use occasionally to mix things up (MX Garand for example).

Pay2win implies that a supply drop weapon will make someone (new or not) automatically be able to easily kill everyone else who doesn't have such weapons. Which is certainly not the case at all.

mcz117chief

I hope we get Chinese, Polish (Polish campaign starting in Poland then continuing in Africa and Italy would be the best), German, Canadian, or Japanese campaigns aside from the usual trifecta of USA/Britain/Soviet. WW2 is so incredibly rich and yet all we see is Omaha and Stalingrad and only from the POW of the Allies.

JABEE

Ken Burns is putting out his Vietnam documentary series this year.

Vietnam games will be coming. It will be close to 50 years from the heart of the conflict soon.

Kinyou

I feel like for the campaign they really have to ramp up the intensity of being in combat to set themselves apart from the older games.

Top Bottom