Rumor: Mass Effect Andromeda is about Colonialism

Banned
Mar 20, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Makes us feel like the villain. The aliens are the aboriginals and we're playing as the white man.

But if the Ark contained only humans, does that human only human squad mates?

Either way I'm hyped as fuck and that armor is lit.

Jan 30, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Expected. Not really much else I was thinking was going to happen with all the project arkcon/Ark theories and whatnot. Not really much else that could happen unless Andromeda skipped the arrival to the new galaxy and placed us in a ME1 type situation again.

Jul 8, 2014
I feel like we already knew about the colonization aspect.

and ugh, humanity. nobody cares.

how about focus on the new, undiscovered races we'll find in the galaxy instead.
Yeah the last leaked survey already stated that the player is colonzing in the Andromeda galaxy, making a new home. So it's not exactly news, unless more information pops up

Mar 30, 2012
They've stated more or less that, to them, ME is very much about playing a human and experiencing the universe from that perspective.
This is a big part of why the ME franchise doesn't grab me as much as, say, Dragon Age. I don't like to be stuck playing a human in a universe with other more intriguing species/races/aliens.

Apr 9, 2009
Assuming this is real, they better let players have an actual choice and be able to be pro-colonizers.

I dont give a shit about some spaceship-less alien civilizaton that hugs trees.

Sep 26, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I think it's outstanding and fertile ground. You could play colonialism straight as humanity's hero (justified as 'we have no other choice'), or you could play it as 'humanity is the bad guy', with all the shades of grey in between. Either way, the focus will be on exploring alien planets and meeting new races, and all of that sounds like gravy to me.