• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft to debut new games at TGS

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
No, you guys see, after a rumor like this is proven untrue, at least in part, we are suppose to laugh it off and ignore it. We're not suppose to continue to give it crediance.

V_Ben

Banned
totally left field over here. whoda thunk about new game? and a something halo related? the only thing here that surprises me here is rare. didn't think that japan cared about their games much. and final fantasy xvi? that sounds unlikely too, unless they announce that its coming after the ps3 version, which they already said will be releasing alongside the PC version (never heard of a timing based delay being announced at a press conference, i mean, cmon, would they really say that its coming 2011?). don't really believe most (or any) of this.

Kagari said:
Why wasn't any of this stuff shown at MS's annual pre-TGS show?

This. By announcing them at this private event they could at least build some hype for them before the show so the public might turn up. Announcing things at TGS when Sony clearly have stuff to announce, and when the public will be in the middle of a Final Fantasy frenzy is dumb. The Japanese companies will be fine of course with their announcements, as its a Japanese show, but for Microsoft to announce some UK and US developed games in the middle of a massive, majorly dedicated to Japan. . Japanese event is silly.

I could understand the Natal reveals, because those will have worldwide appeal, but Halo Reach footage when Final Fantasy is in town is dumb.

Zzoram said:
Didn't they unveil ODST at TGS?

I am hoping for a Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey 2 announcement myself.

Yeah, I forgot that ODST was announced last TGS.

I also hope they announce Lost Odyssey 2.

Grecco

Probably something Western just like Halo ODST and Gears 2 the previous two years. Any guesses?
Killer Instinct 3

V_Ben

Banned
szaromir said:
They won't show Reach right after ODST's release. No way.

this. why kill the buzz for your existing halo game by showing a newer better halo game. unless its a multiplayer teaser. then itll excite people for the beta in odst. still a dumb idea though.

KAL2006

Banned
Natal and remote device would have been a great combination for some incredible games, shame there is no controller (Im guessing we will just see casual games that get boring in a week)

Meier

Rumor: Meier to feign surprise at console manufacturer showing new titles at major games convention

MCD said:
MISTWALKER IS DEAD BRO, DEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAD.
He was merely hiding among us

sw1.jpg

This is actually on his blog.

RBH said:
We were also told that the CPU included in Project Natal's camera is more powerful than previously thought. Although we're not quite sure what this implies, the words "something big" were used. Consider us intrigued.

Oh god please let the Natal chip be a Cell :lol

Raist

Banned
Hardware manufacturer to show new games at one of the world's biggest game shows?

Holy shit, megaton.

Sean

Banned
OP needs to be updated with bolded and highlighted THIS IS FAKE text, though I doubt that would help.

The "most confident piece of information" was debunked in post 10 which invalidates the entire article.

Keikoku

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
Mistwalker?
Everyone is expecting FFXIV and Halo stuff is just drab

Why ? FFXIV is going to happen soon or later anyway, and Halo stuff + Microsoft = makes sense, don't you think ? Especially when Halo ODST was unveiled in TGS last year.
What would be unexpected would actually be a new game by Mistwalker :/

Arnie

If they show Lost Odyssey 2 then I will be happy.

The fact that Frankie said the Halo: Reach info was completely faux means this article has as much worth as a paper bag in a hurricane.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I have it on good authority that John Shappert recently decided "Fuck this fucking new fucking games bullshit" last Tuesday and therefore this rumor is not true.

They are only releasing games before 2003 from now on.

AranhaHunter said:
I don't think anyone would be surprised by a FFXIV 360 announcement at TGS.

It seems just yesterday that the FF14 team commented on how Microsoft is holding up the game due to XBL policies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
They aren't going to show off Reach until after ODST has dropped. I would be shocked if they show it off until next year.

[Nintex]

clashfan said:
Why do you have to always be a party pooper?
He's just trying to kill the hype, but we continue to hype regardless. I'm sure we'll see more rumors like this while we countdown for TGS.

Raist

Banned
The-Warning said:
If for some strange reason that's true, that would be cool I'd like to see some more of that game.

They should show something at TGS. I mean, it's a SCEJ game...

In game footage of Halo Reach. Want. That game will be the reason I get the 360. That timeline in the Halo universe just sounds so god damn exciting. I'm hoping they upgrade the Halo engine for the game and create some cool futuristic levels on Reach (kind of like the highway level at the beginning of Halo 2 except this time make it awesome).

Better keep an eye on TGS then.

jaypah

SecretBonusPoint said:
What a ridiculously weighted article. So not so much "rumours" just made up bullshit with an obvious slant.

I'm sure Japan would go fucking crazy over a Rare game announcement! :lol :lol :lol

weighted? the Sony stuff is most likely actually true but since i doubt they know more than that that's all they said. what would you have wanted them to make up for Sony? there's only so many words you can squeeze out of a GT5 release date and new games that they don't know the name of or where they're coming from. hell, they're already pulling shit out of their ass about MS as it is.

plus in that same news section there's a whole article about the GT5 showing. but in that one they don't mention MS at the end. now that's what i call weighted :p

Jonnyram

GashPrex said:
seriously m$
I like what you did there. You took the S from MS and you turned it into a dollar sign because Microsoft only cares about money. Amazing! You should patent that before someone else uses it.

Keikoku

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I like what you did there. You took the S from MS and you turned it into a dollar sign because Microsoft only cares about money. Amazing! You should patent that before someone else uses it.

:lol

Top Bottom