• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to Push Game Pass Advertisement In a New Windows 11 Update, Setting the Tone for OS Promotions

LMAO after reading the last line, I'm glad I never stopped using Local Account in Windows even after MS tried so hard to make that almost impossible without a command line workaround during initial setup
Modern day Windows OS is generally a pretty dystopic deal. Its like day and night between what you could do as an user back in the early day and what you can do now. I get why they're doing it from a certain pov, but fuck me has it gotten extremely restrictive.

BlackTron

You have to be signed into Windows with a MS account so I guess this doesn't apply to me. My laptop came with 11 installed and it's never been logged in lol.

I only use it for gaming and the occasional web page so most of the telemetry they're collecting is just WASDWASD going on for forever.

Kilau

Gold Member
DIAwaggXkAAUbWR
Guys, I'm not mocking Jobs, just filling out a screener so it's on my mind. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Microsoft's is so stupid. Do they not think anyone using windows would be unaware of gamepass with all their lock screen ad crap? So they going to further destroy any good will be adding more of these advertising because, surely if they didn't see the lock screen ad, the ad in the setting will be the one to change someone's mind. Fucking dumb.

Man and, I've been enjoying the UI of Windows 11 too, but as soon as I get a bios update that brings up bit locker prompt, I'm switching to Linux.

Last edited:

jm89

Wait until you guys see the new microsoft mail, it has ads disguised as emails, its insane lol
Yeah that shit is annoying.

I have an old hotmail account that doesn't have ads, but my gmail accounts have ads disguised as emails.

I only used the windows mail app cause it's simple, and will change to something else soon.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I've honestly been thinking about getting a Macbook for my daily driver to be honest...

I’ve been using Linux and macOS for awhile now and you should go for it.

They feel like windows 7 or XP in the sense that the overbearing presence of Microsoft product placement and bloat is all gone and you get back the sense that it is *your* personal computer that it is *your* tool to use as you see fit.

I wholeheartedly recommend getting out from under Microsoft’s thumb.

StereoVsn

They feel like windows 7 or XP in the sense that the overbearing presence of Microsoft product placement and bloat is all gone and you get back the sense that it is *your* personal computer that it is *your* tool to use as you see fit.

I have couple MB Airs for my family and have MBPro for myself. I like macOS overall but I can’t say it’s “better” vs Win11 if it wasn’t for all the telemetry and tracking bullshit.

Certain things Windows does better and others Mac. However the latter has a much better ecosystem design and almost no BS for the crap described in this thread. Plus battery life is super solid and performance is good enough.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Been a while since I used a recent Mac OS. But do they do this shit ? Ads in the menus and shit ?

How a company can be so out of touch with prestige and style like this ?

I’ll fuck up every registry file if I have to and block these ads .

Someone needs to nuke this shit company.

“ we are introducing “ <~~ as if they are brining something awesome. Get fucked Nutella dude
Pretty sure Apple pushes cloud like nobodies business.
Along with the apple ecosystem which is great until you want to use a device that isn't in the ecosystem.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So is anyone reconsidering timed exclusives versus...
You know what never mind.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Advertising in the settings menu is a problem we know people aren’t playing game pass on your regular windows computer.

Z O N E

I've been slowly checking some of Macbooks out, but I might head to the store to try it out first hand and see which size I want just in case. Been thinking the Macbook Pro M3 (latest one).

You have something very wrong with your Windows and/or you are on a HDD yet.

Wish there was something wrong with my PC, but it's quite a common issue. File Explorer should not take that long to load. Windows is just bloated.

They really need a consumer level Windows that gets rid of ALL the unnecessary bloat and just gives you the OS and that's it.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Wish there was something wrong with my PC, but it's quite a common issue. File Explorer should not take that long to load. Windows is just bloated.

They really need a consumer level Windows that gets rid of ALL the unnecessary bloat and just gives you the OS and that's it.
Here is instant.

Unnecessary bloat should not affect the performance, unless you are running them always with Windows. My Windows has the minimum of the minimum services and programs for gaming proposes running on boot.

What does this have to do with anything here?

Because Windows is advertising Game Pass it's all ABK acquisition's fault that Xbox is in trouble?

Such a narrative built here the last 2 weeks that Xbox is doomed.

Couple of studios shut (even then some of the staff have been moved to other roles)
Console sales have dropped massively.

But none of this would point to Xbox being dead or finished.

I really don't get it like with your post, people seem to pile on the train and it gathers momentum here. Like a fucking Hive mind.

Meanwhile there are many millions of people just enjoying their consoles.

Sorry for the off topic rant but nearly every new thread is the same this past week, regurgitating the same news story over and over.
Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

Because I’m fed up. I’m fed up with the years and years and years of miss management and wasted opportunities.
XBOX was a fantastic platform back in X360 era. I have a XBSX and my children each have an XBSS in their rooms. Each with gamepass, each with the same hopes we’ve all shared for years, that one day XBOX will release a plethora of incredible games. Instead, we are at the point where the entire ecosystem is about to collapse. No amount of MICROSOFT advertising Gamepass is going to elevate XBOX to the heights it once was. Nothing positive comes out of Microsoft or XBox these days, months, years.

Sorry I derailed but I’m just so disappointed in what could have been.
Sister Act Reaction GIF

Top Bottom