• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 11 24H2 will add AI Super Resolution Upscaling for games and apps

MarkMe2525

To the people who's day was ruined due to this announcement, get a grip. We don't know anything other than this exists. We don't know how performant it will be. We don't know what the visual results will be. This isn't going to stop you from using your current preferred upscaling technique. You will be fine.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I wonder if it adds lag 🤔
It’s presumably a temporal upscaler, so you’re looking at at least 16ms (at 60fps) plus however long the actual processing takes. I’d guess you’ll be at around a 2-3 frame lag in most situations.

Christ almighty I hate what's become of my hobby. Fuck Windows, fuck Microsoft, I'm so done with all this forced garbage changes bullshit.
Just do what I do: buy a CRT and a MiSTer and never leave your basement. It’ll be just like old times.

DLSS and FSR decreases input lag as your frame rate goes up.
That doesn’t have anything to do with DLSS or FSR, that’s just because the frame time itself gets shorter. That’s why 120fps games have lower input latency than 60fps. However, DLSS 3.0 frame gen does have have a bespoke anti-lag solution called Nvidia Reflex, which basically reduces the rendering queue on the CPU side (along with some other input tricks), but I believe that has to be implemented by the developer using Nvidia’s SDK. I don’t know that much about it though.

Roxkis_ii

A jack of all trades is usually a master of none. I'll leave my upscaling to the GPU manufacturers thank you very much.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
That doesn’t have anything to do with DLSS or FSR, that’s just because the frame time itself gets shorter. That’s why 120fps games have lower input latency than 60fps. However, DLSS 3.0 frame gen does have have a bespoke anti-lag solution called Nvidia Reflex, which basically reduces the rendering queue on the CPU side (along with some other input tricks), but I believe that has to be implemented by the developer using Nvidia’s SDK. I don’t know that much about it though.
DLSS/FSR upscaling is one thing. Frame gen is another. Frame gen adds lag.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
See the first screenshot. Both these options will be under graphics settings.

I see only more settings which i'm going to disable.
I will keep an eye once I receive the update because I already had to disable the Copilot AI that a Windows update added to my computer without my permission yesterday.

I don't care what the tech industry thinks I don't trust this AI nonsense in my systems specially the ones where they feel compelled to try and shoved it down my throat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom