• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Minecraft RTS Leaked By Jeff Gerstmann On His New Show

Jennings

If he can keep these leaks up he'll gain a lot of notoriety and publicity for himself and his new show. I hope he's able to exploit whatever insider knowledge he's got and keep the information pipeline flowing.

Ozriel

M$FT
This close to the event, not sure why journalists are leaking stuff. Clout chasing has no limits, apparently.

anthony2690

Banned
Whilst I don't care for this game if true, can we get spoiler tags for titles that leak? It's bit crappy otherwise for those looking forward to the show, it's only 4 days away.

I think at this point, you'd have to be an absolute nob, if you're an insider and decide to start leaking random stuff now.

Also Microsoft really need to start weeding out these people talking to Grubb and other insiders etc.

jigglet

Banned
Base building RTS is dead and AOE4 didn’t help revive the genre. However I’d be seething if this game wasn’t a base building RTS. lol just imagine if it was another COH type RTS

DukeNukem00

Banned
Base building RTS is dead and AOE4 didn’t help revive the genre. However I’d be seething if this game wasn’t a base building RTS. lol just imagine if it was another COH type RTS

It's not dead, they just fucked up with Age 4 by focusing on the multiplayer aspect exclusively. When most people play singleplayer instead. They made a half assed campaign thats more like a selection of skirmish maps instead of authored and complex missions on a wider frame, like Age of Mythology of Age 3 had.

If this Minecraft RTS is true i just hope its exlusive on PC. If they, god forbid, want to make it multiplatform, the compromises and gutting that needs to be done in the gamedesign, nobody is gonna care about it, its gonna be some simplistic, auto-playing game that apeals to no one.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
It's not dead, they just fucked up with Age 4 by focusing on the multiplayer aspect exclusively. When most people play singleplayer instead. They made a half assed campaign thats more like a selection of skirmish maps instead of authored and complex missions on a wider frame, like Age of Mythology of Age 3 had.

If this Minecraft RTS is true i just hope its exlusive on PC. If they, god forbid, want to make it multiplatform, the compromises and gutting that needs to be done in the gamedesign, nobody is gonna care about it, its gonna be some simplistic, auto-playing game that apeals to no one.

I don’t see how it’s not dead. There’s barely been anything for the last 20 years and there’s nothing on the horizon. I’m not sure what your definition of dead is but that’s mine.

Also agree on your comment about being pc only.

Rykan

You want to watch the Bethesda show and be surprised by the announcements? Guess what is not a surpirse anymore.
No, Because I'm not concerned about spoilers for a fucking marketing event. If you're so worried about spoilers for your precious marketing showcase, stay off of gaming forums and don't bother the rest of us with this shameless consumer slave nonsense.

Wohc

Banned
No, Because I'm not concerned about spoilers for a fucking marketing event. If you're so worried about spoilers for your precious marketing showcase, stay off of gaming forums and don't bother the rest of us with this shameless consumer slave nonsense.
I've seen some ignorant and unreasonable people on this forum, but you are clearly their king. Ignore.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
He's right tho, don't wanna get spoiled? Avoid places that very likely/morstbcertainly will get you spoiled, there's just no other options. Don't worry you won't miss anything if you avoid the internet bfor a few days, all those letters will still be here.
I disagree, but at least you are friendly. And don't get me wrong, i don't care about Minecraft and i will most likely not even watch the show live. But i really hate all kinds of spoilers, because they are always unnecessary and will disappoint someone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom