• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: MK:X delayed on last gen consoles

I sympathize to some degree with last gen only owners, but it's getting to the point where last gen games are essentially butchered and are a money grab, or current gen games end up being higher resolution ports. I think it's better for everyone if they stop focusing on last gen.

Oh no...what a shame...im so upset...

DpBYUe5.gif

#lastgenletitgo

jesu

From the Mad Max Release Date thread

We don't have much concrete proof but this wouldn't be surprising given WB Games being a leading force in utilizing current gen hardware and leaving last gen in the dust with the cancellation of Dying Light and Max Max's last gen ports and Arkham Knight being a current gen only title.

They probably stopped prioritizing it's development after the poor Shadow of Mordor ports sold under expectations and were, well... Shit.

So, thought?

Same guy you quoted also said Fallout 4 would be out in October.

Same guy you quoted also said Fallout 4 would be out in October.

Believe.

Hence why the first word in the thread title is 'Rumor' in all caps and I state that we don't have much concrete proof but it isn't a far fetched idea in the slightest.

EatMyFace

Banned
Should never have been announced for last-gen in the first place.
Next-gen console are selling really well and install base is really healthy.

I actually wanted this game to be current gen only. My fear is that companies will take away features or temper ideas that they could have done on current gen consoles so that there wouldnt be that great of a disparity between current gen and last fen consoles. Im not saying this would have happened here or the studio was going to do that, but i rather studios developing current gen games make those games exclusive to current gen.

RM8

Hahahahahaha

Enjoy your grade D High Voltage Studios product. Well, you won't be enjoying it. But enjoy wasting your money.
If PC version sucks, then I'll just wait for the Komplete edition at some point. If it doesn't, I get to enjoy the game without paying for online play :p

impact

Banned
If PC version sucks, then I'll just wait for the Komplete edition at some point. If it doesn't, I get to enjoy the game without paying for online play :p

nigga there is no "if"

It's being made by HVS. It's already a horrendous port before we've seen it. MK9 PC was the last time I give that team of dummies any of my money.

And this is why it's nice to own all the relevant platforms :)

jesu

Believe.

Hence why the first word in the thread title is 'Rumor' in all caps and I state that we don't have much concrete proof but it isn't a far fetched idea in the slightest.

Well if he is right about this and he was right about Mad Max, I'm readying myself for October!

RM8

nigga there is no "if"

It's being made by HVS. It's already a horrendous port before we've seen it. MK9 PC was the last time I give that team of dummies any of my money.

And this is why it's nice to own all the relevant platforms :)
I'll buy a PS4 when it gets an exclusive I want to play. This is not an exclusive and I don't want it enough to buy a new system :/ The PC or PS3 versions might be enough to scratch my MK itch. So no, I don't resent not early-adopting a system with no exclusives I want, personally speaking, of course.

Bummer. Guess I won't be playing MKX til June. I like the series but it's not worth buying a console for.
MTE.

Moaradin

MK9 and Injustice have some of the most garbage PC ports I've ever seen. The online literally does not work. Don't have much hope for the MKX PC version tbh.

OP. Would be nice if you at least quoted my name.
I posted this statement several weeks ago, before mad max release date was revealed.

Its true, not a rumor. I got so many more juicy true rumors for you guys!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Cancel em entirely. It'll be 10 years this year since 360 came out. I think there are a fair amount of people who don't even know what you do for a new generation as in giving up your last console, i've seen so many "i'm not gonna buy a console for games i wanna buy, its not fair they are forcing me!" . Its time to give up those old systems for the new, or atleast buy yourself a PC. 7th gen is history

OP. Would be nice if you at least quoted my name.
I posted this statement several weeks ago, before mad max release date was revealed.

Its true, not a rumor. I got so many more juicy true rumors for you guys!
Is there a WB exclusive Superman game on PS4 like Verendus hinted? Or any WB exclusive at all?

You can PM me. I'm very discreet~

vg260

I'm OK with this (and even cancelling it) if it will bolster the current-gen user base for this game. Too many platforms fragments the online pool too much.

Isn't everyone waiting for the Kollector's edition anyway?

It wouldn't surprise me if platform holders paid to delay games on last gen. Lack of exclusive games is current gen's best-kept secret. I think sales momentum would be in jeopardy if consumers found out there aren't any games to play on the new systems that can't be played on their existing platforms.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
If it gets canceled then that kinda blows cause they could have used that extra money and manpower toward making the current gen mkx even better.

Cancel em entirely. It'll be 10 years this year since 360 came out. I think there are a fair amount of people who don't even know what you do for a new generation as in giving up your last console, i've seen so many "i'm not gonna buy a console for games i wanna buy, its not fair they are forcing me!" . Its time to give up those old systems for the new, or atleast buy yourself a PC. 7th gen is history
I won't lose sleep whether this get cancelled or not. I just can't afford to next gen console. I want progress to be made, yes, but hey, if devs keep making games so easy to downport, makes me happy :)

The PC port of MK9 was pretty good except the netcode which was complete trash and the cutscene which were very oddly compressed, imo. I think it's possible for High Voltage to make a decent port but I'm not pre-ordering it on PC, I'll wait for user experience.

Hasney

The PC port of MK9 was pretty good except the netcode which was complete trash and the cutscene which were very oddly compressed, imo. I think it's possible for High Voltage to make a decent port but I'm not pre-ordering it on PC, I'll wait for user experience.

Sure, anything is possible. Their track record since as for back as the Atari Jaguar kinda says they'll bugger something up though.

impact

Banned

The PC port of MK9 is an unoptimized turd.

High Voltage has literally never made a competent port so I'm not sure why anyone would give them the benefit of the doubt. They're among the worst porting studios in game development. The anti-Bluepoint Games if you will.

After seeing the lack of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 logos in the latest trailer today, I decided to check Amazon and...the release date listed for both is now June 30th.

My friend won't be happy about that. :(

I already have the Xbox One version pre-ordered and fully paid off, though, and had already invited my friend to come over and play it before this.

Nzyme32

Hahahahahaha

Enjoy your grade D High Voltage Studios product. Well, you won't be enjoying it. But enjoy wasting your money.

I'm actually not so sure on this one just yet. The issue with MK9 is it's multiplayer. This time however, they have been testing the game with around 40 people for quite a long time now, and more so than is usually seen (at least on Steam). While they certainly have a dire track record, there is some hope that the effort is going into making it actually work out - in terms of multiplayer on Steam.

I still wouldn't (and am not) pre-ordering or purchasing early on, in order to determine if it actually works out

Well, current gen user base is not as big as last gen, so I can see many investors pushing to keep chugging software to the older machines.

At some point, something is going to give, either the software is under using the hardware (the PC has being BEGGING for being correctly used for a long time) or the older hardware would not be able to run the software.

Completely expected, to be honest.

IS there anyone on here ACTUALLY getting in on last gen consoles?

This board is so hardcore when it comes to gaming, its hard for me to imagine anyone still rocking a last gen console with no current gen.

Top Bottom