• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: MK:X delayed on last gen consoles

ban25

Not happening. Most of the FGC haven't bought into next gen because of stick compatibility.

The sticks are there and more are coming soon. I bought an HRAP4 last June. Hori is shipping the Kai now and pre-orders have almost sold out for the VLX (due in time for EVO). The TE2 ships next month for PS4. On the pad side, both Hori and PDP are releasing 6-button pads, with the later specifically branded for MKX.

IS there anyone on here ACTUALLY getting in on last gen consoles?

This board is so hardcore when it comes to gaming, its hard for me to imagine anyone still rocking a last gen console with no current gen.
This board is incredibly diverse in the demographics of gamers. I bet you quite a few people don't own one for various reasons. Myself, I can't afford one. Many others just see no value in them yet (Which is also a reason for me - nearly all of "current gen" is shiny versions of seventh gen games)

This board is incredibly diverse in the demographics of gamers. I bet you quite a few people don't own one for various reasons. Myself, I can't afford one. Many others just see no value in them yet (Which is also a reason for me - nearly all of "current gen" is shiny versions of seventh gen games)

That may have been true in past years, but this year next-gen is where its at!

meanspartan

Yeah. I don't really think developers are going to bother spending extra resources to get broken last-gen games to work over chasing the increasing current-gen' market. The last generation may have a larger market, but this is the year the big Xbone/PS4 only titles are hitting and I doubt any publisher wants to be left behind.

And I honestly gotta wonder to what extent people who haven't jumped ship are still buying games enough to justify spending on cross gen. The hard core have for the most part moved onto Current Gen by now, and the tens of millions who haven't don't necessarily buy much outside of their annual Madden of Duty anyway.

I'm in both of these categories. Yet to see anything on current gen that I believe couldn't be done on 360/PS3 with cuts to graphics or framerate, and so far I've been mostly proved right with decent downports (Shadow of Mordor was a terrible port, but had they put any effort in it could have been so much better).

Also I don't know how everyone on this board has forgotten that cross-gen carried on for several major titles 3-4 years into the last generation - see Need for Speed Undercover or Tomb Raider Underworld on PS2, for example. Or see PS1 titles that stretched well into the PS2's lifespan. Could go on, but you get the point. This has always always happened. People either have short memories or are simply too young to remember.

TomShoe

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it.

Sucks for last-gen owners though, I know that pain of having to play new titles on older consoles.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It's a separate team so nothing would have changed at all.
-_- I know its a separate team but WB controls the money. They probably had a budget for how much they were willing to spend on last gen ports based on console ownership and how well mk9 sold. That's money that could have been spent on the current gen mkx which now has a high probability of being wasted.

For those saying no stick support for current gen, I have a TE2 USFIV for my PS4, and I'm pretty sure there is a KI stick for xbox one? Don't really see the issue with that.

Top Bottom