• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming to Wii U?

Mentok

Banned
Oh good God if this is true...why does the Wii U keep tempting me with its library?! I just don't have the $$!!

TheMoon

Oh good God if this is true...why does the Wii U keep tempting me with its library?! I just don't have the $$!!

image.php

ugh... you know playing the first one i ever played on Wii U makes me which we had a really polished HD version

Destiny level but monhun would rock

I do hope Capcom does the right thing even a year later I'll buy on WiiU

HeeHo

I really hope this is true... playing MH4 on the 3DS is fun but i'm still playing MH3U on the wiiU i love that game
I agree, man. One of the best multiplayer games out right now if only for the fact that it's so different. I got around 300 hours on it, which is pretty rare for me. I had an OCD thing about using all the gear and trying it out, low rank, high rank, G. I got somewhere to the mid high rank gear before I got burnt out on that idea. I have tons of G rank materials though, I was just stubborn about wanting to use every single armor. I wanna say I won't do this for MH4 but I can't promise I won't

sörine;129976943 said:
People need to remember any HD port will be on Capcom Japan's schedule:

MHP3rd (PSP): Dec 1, 2010
MHP3rd HD (PS3): Aug 25, 2011

MH3G (3DS): Dec 10, 2011
MH3G HD (WiiU): Dec 8, 2012

MH4G (3DS): Oct 11, 2014
MH4G HD (WiiU?): summer/fall 2015?

Fortunately, with MH3U, we weren't affected by that long wait for HD port. But if it happens for 4U, we just might.

Not that it matters because I am guaranteed to double dip regardless.

Mmmhmm...

Translation: "We're not ready to announce it just yet."
Or at least I want to B_E_L_I_E_V_E....

Lucifon

Capcom always making mistakes when it comes to basic printing stuff

A company that big can't get another one printed pronto? Instead they just roll with a banner containing a fairly big incorrect platform logo on it at a major convention...?

Hiltz

How do you mess this up, Capcom? I think a few months ago they even mentioned on Capcom-Unity or on Twitter that they had no current plans to port MH4 to Wii U. Of course, they would deny it even if it were in the works, but this is all due to a printing error on a banner for a big industry event? How does a mistake like that go unnoticed?

Tenki

How do you mess this up, Capcom? I think a few months ago they even mentioned on Capcom-Unity or on Twitter that they had no current plans to port MH4 to Wii U. Of course, they would deny it even if it were in the works, but this is all due to a printing error on a banner for a big industry event? How does a mistake like that go unnoticed?

Well, Nintendo is who had this banner and the ones who are handling the localization. When I played the MH4U just after E3 it was already in Spanish, so maybe (a long maybe) they're working on both 3DS and Wii U (if this exists) translations at the same time and they didn't noticed the Wii U version isn't announced yet.

Well, that's what I want to believe lol

Zubz

Banned
In retrospect, I never beat Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii U, did I? I enjoyed it, but I never actually got too far. Nevertheless, I'd be glad to give the series another run if it comes back the system. Besides, 3rd Party games on a system struggling to attract any shouldn't hurt.

I'm still hoping. I mean I'll get it on 3ds and if it comes ps4 instead but I had so much fun with MH3U on Wii U. I really want it for that system. Wii U needs more great games.

It wont go to PS4, I could be wrong but I believe Nintendo has exclusivity on mainline entries til end of 2015. Could be completely wrong though, just what I have heard over time.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Big industry event? Look at the first page, people were even asking what event this photo is from.

It wont go to PS4, I could be wrong but I believe Nintendo has exclusivity on mainline entries til end of 2015. Could be completely wrong though, just what I have heard over time.

How about you are totally wrong.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Told people to not get their hopes up.... haven't we all realized 3rd parties don't give a fu*k about Wii U? we can guest what games will come and won't come at this point
what are you on about, one has nothing to do with the other.

Evenflow

I'd forego the 3DS iteration if this is true.

This right here is exactly why it wont be announced until after it's out on 3DS for several months. The WiiU/3DS simultaneous launch of 3U in the west was a one time thing. I expect it to come to Wii U in Japan this spring and in the West this summer. It's an absolute no brainer, they already have the tools in place to do the port quick from last time, and 3U actually sold really well on Wii U and 4U would do much better considering it would be the first console version(3U already had Tri on wii and p3hd on ps3 in japan). It's easy money in the bank, Capcom won't pass on that.

crinale

Well it all started when Capcom demanded Sony to host their server and got rejected for PS3 version (thus never got released at Western market), so I'm not sure if there's an exclusivity deal between Capcom and Nintendo. It may be only Nintendo swallowed what Capcom demanded that Sony couldn’t. I do admit however that the rumor about that deal is floating in Japan for last couple of months (or years).

This right here is exactly why it wont be announced until after it's out on 3DS for several months. The WiiU/3DS simultaneous launch of 3U in the west was a one time thing. I expect it to come to Wii U in Japan this spring and in the West this summer. It's an absolute no brainer, they already have the tools in place to do the port quick from last time, and 3U actually sold really well on Wii U and 4U would do much better considering it would be the first console version(3U already had Tri on wii and p3hd on ps3 in japan). It's easy money in the bank, Capcom won't pass on that.

And kill the MHF online subscribers on WiiU, that isn't too smart I believe.

sörine

Banned
And kill the MHF online subscribers on WiiU, that isn't too smart I believe.
What, all 500 of them? MH3U on Wii U outsold MHF on all consoles (and handheld) combined. There really isn't a financial reason not to go ahead with the port given 3U's results.

crinale

sörine;130217078 said:
What, all 500 of them? MH3U on Wii U outsold MHF on all consoles (and handheld) combined. There really isn't a financial reason not to go ahead with the port given 3U's results.

If you really think Capcom would release a product to directly compete with its own online subscription game then I don’t know what to say. However the thing is if they halt the MHF-G service then I think there’s a chance (the MHF fee is ridiculously high that it keeps Capcom’s online division afloat, and that is the division Capcom declared to put more focus on).
As for MHF-G, one can hope they'd halt the service so it opens the gate to formal versions to be released. While MHF earns a lot of cash per customer number is decreasing so I've heard.

Edit: I once was a subscriber too but could not keep up with the fee and level of subscribers (they are too skilled and them seeking for efficiency put me off).

Haunted

With TGS underway and no word of this during MH announcements (like that freak Sonic... thing), I suppose this has been officially debunked and can be laid to rest?

The dream is dead. ;_;

TheMoon

With TGS underway and no word of this during MH announcements (like that freak Sonic... thing), I suppose this has been officially debunked and can be laid to rest?

The dream is dead. ;_;

Well, the reasoning that this was super unlikely to be announced before the 3DS version is out is still viable to some degree.

Top Bottom