• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New MGS game by Konami?

JGLS

57502A254036100002

The feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. The slide's been reinforced. And the interlock with the frame is tightened for added precision.
The sight system is original, too. The thumb safety is extended to make it easier on the finger. A long-type trigger with non-slip grooves. A ring hammer... The base of the trigger guard's been filed down for a higher grip.
And not only that, nearly every part of this pachislot has been expertly crafted and customized. Where did Konami get something like this?

Foffy

Banned
This is what I think too. The cutscenes are very well made for a pachislot.
It's also true they did cutscenes for this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN0Te7uTi7o

But it was kinda needed to push the "erotic violence" thing, since no Castlevania game can be re-used for that.

But here, they could just use cutscenes from the old games, instead they remade the models etc.

Dunno, we'll see in E3.

The problem they had with Castlevania was they were making pachinko games long after they stopped making games in the original canon.

They had fuck all to use for the fourth pachinko game when the first three were just weird scenarios set during Curse of Darkness while remodeling cutscenes from Judgment. And they found a way to replace the Vampire Killer with the Combat Cross, too. :/

Ludens

Banned
This.

MGS2 deserves a remake more than 3.

Eh, but the fact is MGS3 is one of the most appreciated Metal Gear games.
Also with Fox Engine and new gameplay elements, the jungle could be an amazing location, so for me a remake of MGS3 would be great.

But.

The fact is, I eally don't need a remake for MGS3. It plays very well, it doesn't feel outdated.

Well those people are just crazy. I was bored out of my mind playing it.

It's maybe my favourite MGS after MGS1. MGS2 is I think the worse MGS game for me, I also liked Portable Ops (for the plot, the gameplay was garbage) and Peace Walker (for the gameplay, the plot was garbage).

strafer

Eh, but the fact is MGS3 is one of the most appreciated Metal Gear games.
Also with Fox Engine and new gameplay elements, the jungle could be an amazing location, so for me a remake of MGS3 would be great.

But.

The fact is, I eally don't need a remake for MGS3. It plays very well, it doesn't feel outdated.

Well those people are just crazy. I was bored out of my mind playing it.

20fps be damned, but the 3DS version of Snake Eater with optional 3rd person over shoulder aiming, better CQC prompts, and crouch walking to name a few, makes the other versions of this game really hard to play.

Citra emulating Snake Eater 3D in HD with a 60fps hack will be a beauty when it's possible in a few years.

Edit: I really need to buy my first PS3 someday and play through the Legacy Collection.

Edit 2: I just remembered that there's no way to swim faster in the 3DS version, making certain moments like the Pain's fight much harder than needed.

Ludens

Banned
20fps be damned, but the 3DS version of Snake Eater with optional 3rd person over shoulder aiming, better CQC prompts, and crouch walking to name a few, makes the other versions of this game really hard to play.

HD version is 60 fps (well, with drops in some scenes sadly).

Dunkley

Edit: Actually, yeah this got way too close to home for me and I don't see myself remaining reasonable.

My apologies to the mods for derailing to talk about rape culture.

Dunkley

MGS3 > Peace Walker > MGS2 > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGSV for me

Story wise Peace Walker would be second last for me but holy shit did I have fun in co-op with it.

Vlaphor

I'll be honest here. While this doesn't surprise me in the least, I am interested in seeing more scenes and characters
Eva
from MGS3 re-imagined with this level of graphical detail, so I'm looking forward to more of this.

Still, I'm not disappointed at all, since I had no expectations to begin with. If Konami announced that they rehired Kojima, I'd still fully expect him to be working on a tactical-stealth pachinko machine.

Lyonaz

I will not lie. If Konami brought out MGS3: Snake Eater Remastered with those graphics on PS4/PC I would buy it at full price on day one.

Trigger

The feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. The slide's been reinforced. And the interlock with the frame is tightened for added precision.
The sight system is original, too. The thumb safety is extended to make it easier on the finger. A long-type trigger with non-slip grooves. A ring hammer... The base of the trigger guard's been filed down for a higher grip.
And not only that, nearly every part of this pachislot has been expertly crafted and customized. Where did Konami get something like this?

Beautiful post.

Top Bottom