• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Prince of Persia being shown behind closed doors, first details

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Aww, I had problems with PoP 08 but it had a great style. They should have meshed the original trilogy with the styling of 08, not ditch it all for another God of War clone :/

And is this suppose to be a next generation title with that release timeframe?

jepjepjep

I really enjoyed PoP '08, even though it had the voice of the Uncharted guy. It's a shame they're going towards a GoW style. I just wish they wouldn't call it Prince of Persia if that ends up being the case.

Derrick01

Banned
It is more fun to get a game over screen and have to wait half a minute to replay the last 10 seconds?

Ideally you would have to replay more than that to punish you for your fuckup. Death should be feared and punished for failing, not rewarded with someone saving you. That's like babbies first video game-level stuff.

Joni

Ideally you would have to replay more than that to punish you for your fuckup. Death should be feared and punished for failing, not rewarded with someone saving you. That's like babbies first video game-level stuff.

For me stuff like Escape Plan shows you can have players fear death without boring them to death by having them replay stuff over and over.

curttard

Banned

You consider that hand reaching down to restart the last sequence a "reward"? Does that mean you deliberately die over and over just so you can continue to be "rewarded"?

Most people consider having to re-do a section "punishment". In fact in any game without some kind of Steel Battalion-esque permadeath, it's the ONLY punishment you will ever face, even if you have to go through a loading screen or two before you can resume.

So I guess I can give up holding out hope for a continuation of pop08 then? What a shame, I would have loved to see it get the AC2 treatment.

RPGCrazied

From that one screenshot, it doesn't look appealing to me at all. How come they just couldn't give a 2008 sequel? The art style is so much better.

Xav

Damn it Ubisoft Prince of Persia 2008 was good, sure the game was a little flawed but it looked amazing and the music was awesome. I'd LOVE to see a sequel that improves on the original much like Assassin's Creed II did.

yeah just what we needed another bald muscle bound protag.

yeeaaah.

seriously they got the prince's design perfect in SOT and yet they just gotta gritty everything up.

fuck.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
yeah just what we needed another bald muscle bound protag.

yeeaaah.

seriously they got the prince's design perfect in SOT and yet they just gotta gritty everything up.

fuck.

Yeah. Seriously, no idea why Ubisoft didn't continue with the Sands of Time story arc, etc.

It's their own fault too for fucking it up with their goal to make the Prince an emo, gritty (not in a good way), douche.

Just go with Sands of Time, and things should be good. Did the last game in that series tank so hard or what?

Sydle

Damn. I don't want more God of War -- I've had enough of that to the point I'm not planning to play the next GoW unless it somehow finds itself into my PS3.

Well, if this one fails too then hopefully Ubi will just leave the IP to die.

Noshino

I have no idea why people want a sequel to 2008.

Aside from the art, everything else was awful, no, not mediocre, awful.

Combat, platforming, story, AI.... it felt like a Bethesda game

If they ever decide to make a sequel hopefully they change everything about it, except for the art style of course

yencid

maybe this is the game that was going to be shown for the first party console at E3 and got pulled.

edit: looks like someone already thought the same.

McLovin

First they put Sam Fisher(a guy thats suppose to be stealth) out in broad daylight while wearing his night vision goggles.... now they take a guy that wall runs, can do a flip off of you + slice you up on the way down, and they make him into this big muscle head. Whats next a Rainbow 6 dance game?

I have no idea why people want a sequel to 2008.

Aside from the art, everything else was awful, no, not mediocre, awful.

Combat, platforming, story, AI.... it felt like a Bethesda game

If they ever decide to make a sequel hopefully they change everything about it, except for the art style of course
I liked it... the only problem I had with it was how automated everything was.

dentoomw

I'm not understanding the sentiment... Isn't a new Prince of Persia a good thing? This is an opportunity to give Assassin's Creed a much needed rest.

Jawmuncher

I didn't mind PoP 2008 or Forgotten Sands.
I guess we'll see how this new one turns out, none have been better than PoP:Sands of Time though, absolutely love that game (to bad the sequels forgot everything that made it great)

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
The next game should be set on modern times, a TPS where you fight against a NATO-Israeli invasion of Iran.

Jamie OD

Please don't have the story be like Assassin's Creed where you play one guy who takes control of different people throughout the ages. That will be the point where I think the reboot goes too far.

Joni

Honestly, I really enjoyed POP2008 even more than any other POP not named the sands of time. The interaction between the prince and Elika was masterful, I had really hoped for a sequel.

Indeed, it only needed a bit better combat and it would be perfect.

Top Bottom