• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PlayStation 5 Cooling System Patent (Update: Codemaster Dev Claims Devkit)

Geki-D

Banned
looks legit though, can random hoaxers upload to Brazilian government site?
zwUvkS6.png
Seemingly not. Though why Sony would be putting down a patent for a devkit in Brazil in the first place is pretty odd considering Brazil's dev scene & console market.

Kazza

I would absolutely love it if the PS5 did end up looking like this. Anything would be better than another nondescript black box.

Anyone care to make a render on what the system will look like based on that? Are those heatsinks on the sides of it? My guess is that the PSV will have those gill things on the sides of it but will look more basic. It will look more like a ps3 slim than a Ps4! It will also be small and very heavy!

Last edited:

Tomeru

Thiis looks cool af. No pun intended.

Also, if this cooling solution takes half of the machine's size, it could be that its somewhat passively cooled while not playing, and doesnt require a ton of air while do. It could be pretty silent. Ihope. Thats only if this is actauuly the ps5 though.

Last edited:

Zannegan

If this thing turns out to be real, it's going to be like a heated, massaging armchair for cats. I hope it can vent out the sides too.

Last edited:

Kimd41

Neo Member
This is way too over-designed for a devkit, its probably the real deal. Devkits come in boring square boxes.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
What’s wrong with a rectangle box? I means, even the god awful looking hamburger designs they used in the past had serious issues with fans and fan noise.

X was more powerful, but quieter... in a rectangle box.

I hate these over designed gamer type things. Looks like an Alienware case form the year 2000.

The all new 50 bladed razor from Gillette can handle even the most stubborn hair cell receptors hidden below the deepest layers of skin and beyond!

No seriously guys it's a devkit. It has divets on the top that the feet of another devkit fit in for stacking. Not to mention the LED lights and 7 connection porta on the front...

Fake

Honestly surprised he just openly says this then surprised we dont have more leaks on specs.
Take into consideration most of the gaming sites reporting the 'dev kit' enter in the final build make a little sense... at least if this its not the final dev kit, but 'one of them/previous build'.

Bryank75

Banned
Honestly surprised he just openly says this then surprised we dont have more leaks on specs.
They're probably busy working on their games rather than actually measuring the capabilities but we have heard a few things, like it will be more powerful than the Xbox scarlett and that what certain people saw was jawdropping. I would assume the 14.2tflop number is about right or over 12 with separate raytracing, making it appear far more powerful. But all we can do is make guesses, whether educated or uneducated at this point.
I was trying to explain to someone why streaming would fail and this excitement and speculation before a new generation launches is a huge part of it. Streaming would just be so boring in comparison...

Top Bottom