• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSP Go drops price to $200 this Friday in North America

Amory

Takao said:
If every third party renegeotiated rights, and put their shit on PSN, the Go would be an amazing handheld. Nothing's wrong on the hardware side.

Except that it's $200

Dali

KZObsessed said:
I'm sure they'll just fly off the shelves.
Gotta make room for those PSP2's somehow. The question is, what are they going to do with them after they pull them?

entremet

brain_stew said:
Nice to see the best portable gaming system on the market become more affordable.
I agree. I own a PSP 3000 too, but I can't go back to it, even with UMD only games. The Go's form factor, lightness, and screen are so much better than the PSP-1000-3000 series.

Megadragon15 said:
Funny and amusing.

Also factual.

For the whiners, we now have kernal access on 6.20, so you'll be able to play your shitty Kingdom Hearts games on a PSP Go by years end, just fine.

Apath

ChoklitReign said:
Why are you still complaining when the 3DS is going to be more expensive? Bias, bias, bias.
YJpzS.jpg

I really want a Go, but until I can rip the UMDs onto a memory stick and play them, I'll hold out until a $99.99 price point.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
brain_stew said:
For the whiners, we now have kernal access on 6.20
Oh wow. Time to get myself on the go.

Mrbob

PSP Go has been $199 at my local Target and Wal Mart for a couple months now. System is a lame duck at this point. I'll save my money for PSP2 and/or 3DS.

JohngPR

I bought a 16GB Memory stick a few months back for my PSP-2000 so I have no reason to upgrade. Even if I was, $200 is way too expensive at this point.

Kujo

What stops me from buying a DD only system isn't the price of the device, but the price of the games. If they were all like AU$10 to download I'd buy a ton.

brain_stew said:
Also factual.

For the whiners, we now have kernal access on 6.20, so you'll be able to play your shitty Kingdom Hearts games on a PSP Go by years end, just fine.
What does this mean? CFW on the go?

Massa

ChoklitReign said:
Why are you still complaining when the 3DS is going to be more expensive? Bias, bias, bias.

But the 3DS has an analog stick and can run games with last gen quality graphics...
oops.

A Twisty Fluken said:
What does this mean? CFW on the go?

Yes.

$99 and I'll think about it. Maybe.

Actually, probably not. I already have a PSP that can play every PSP game. Ah well, good luck clearing out those initial shipments, Sony.

seady

The PSP brand would have been through a revival if the PSPgo had launched at $150 or lower. But Sony was too greedy and dumb to think buyers would pay almost $100 more to get a featureless PSP. It was like selling the iPod Shuffle/Nano more than an iPod Touch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
a Master Ninja said:
An honor it can share with the original Xbox in Japan. :lol
Come now, those were likely retrofitted to be resold in the US. I mean, I can't see Microsoft leaving them in Japan after they got scammed into being contractually forced to pay ~$80 per Xbox HDD :lol

Pachinko

PSP go needs to be 99$ and come with a PSP plus plan where you effectively just "rent" games off the store for a flat monthly rate. If you like something you can "own" it for only 9.99 no matter what the game is.

Retailers would never go for it though.

Paid $130 for my PSP Go back in the summer (right before P3P's release) when they were cleared out of inventory at Rogers Video stores.

I have no qualms whatsoever about my purchase. Just a shame that some PSP catalog games are inexplicably missing.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Im hoping now that the set price is 200...it will go on sale for cheaper price :D

I still want one...one day. Maybe some good deals will happen around Thanksgiving.

brain_stew said:
Also factual.

When the fuck did this happen and why isn't the CFW OT updated to reflect this?Crap, I may actually get a GO if this is true. It has the best D-Pad out of all the PSPs.

Top Bottom